PDA

View Full Version : Back from the River and need help!

Laura's Babies
04-26-2006, 08:13 PM
HI EVERYONE!! I got off this morning in Memphis and managed to get home before dark this time! YAAAAA! We had a wonderful trip out without any major problems, unless you want to count that big log coming up out of the river and taking out our dinning room window right behind where I usually sit! (Thank God I wasn't in there or I would have messed all over myself from fright! Ewwwww!)

I was planning to stop on my way in and pick up my babies so I could have them at home with me tonight but it didn't work out so they are still at my son's house and I am catless tonight!

I need your help with a prayer or two for Bridget. I have worried about her the whole time I was gone. Bridget is Samantha's baby that I think her idiot owner dropped off here last month or before, remember? When I got home today, my neighbor told me that she is sure the manager trapped Bridget and she was taken to the kill shelter. I called the shelter and talked to the lady I know down there and she says they have gotten 3 cats from here in the last month but none that fit Bridgets discription. I am afraid they did get her and we know what happened if she isn't there now. I am praying my worst fears were not her fate, acting on faith and hope, I am baiting my trap tonight to see if she is still around and goes for the food but not setting it to spring on her yet (but I may change my mind on that and set it to spring!) Please pray I am not to late getting home and can catch her. To entice a prayer from you, here are some pictures I took of her before they moved away. She is such a beauty!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Bridget20.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Bridget5.jpg

rg_girlca
04-26-2006, 08:20 PM
HI Hi Laura. It's sooooo good to have you back home safe and sound.

Yes, I remember that thread about Bridget. Oh Laura, I'm sorry, but it doesn't sound good if the neighbour is sure that the mananger got a hold of her, but I will pray that there is a slight chance that it wasn't her.

She is a beauty and believe me when I say, that you don't need to entice us for prayers with pictures.

Prayers, finger, toes and paws crossed here.

catnapper
04-26-2006, 09:13 PM
I pray for her! I am sure the lady would have told you if she did indeed arrive at the shelter. Many prayers going out to you tonight!

Catty1
04-26-2006, 09:15 PM
Prayers going out to you and poor Bridget!

That manager idiot...dare you ask him directly?

Hoping for the best...

hugs
Catty1

catfamily
04-27-2006, 03:32 AM
Hi Laura
Nice to have you home safe. :)
I'll say prayers for Bridget. :(
Some people are just so mean and nasty.Never thinking of anyone's feelings but their own.That's horrible that people would just dump off a cat to be killed without asking around first. :mad:

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-27-2006, 04:12 AM
..dare you ask him directly?

I would do that too!

he he, welcome back home dear Laura!! I missed you!! Of course I will pray for litle Bridget, no doubt about that!!

G535
04-27-2006, 04:17 AM
Fingers and claws crossed here too. :)

orangemm
04-27-2006, 04:26 AM
Praying for little Bridget. Poor little girl.

Welcome back!

moosmom
04-27-2006, 07:12 AM
Laura,

I hope it's not too late. I'll keep you and Bridget in my prayers.

(((((HUGS)))))

Laura's Babies
04-27-2006, 07:59 AM
I am so afraid for her that I went ahead and set the trap to shut if she went in it last night, it is still empty this morning. :( I AM going to see the manager today and ask if he caught her but I don't think I will get a honest answer because I asked him before I left to NOT send her to that shelter, to take her to Mike and Mike would take care of her until I got back. He can be a real jerk, even knowing I would have taken care of her and she would not have been outside running loose anymore and asked him not to do that, he has the attitude that he would do what he wanted to do no matter what.

This is wrenching my heart out! I don't need or want another cat... BUT she IS Samanthas BABY. I just don't understand why Patty didn't just ask me if I would take her rather than dump her, she knows that manager would send her to that kill shelter... She is just so beautiful! PLEASE BE OK BRIDGET!! Come get that food in the bowl I have for you and let me take care of you baby!!!

catlover4ever
04-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Laura, welcome back and please know that I am praying and thinking of Bridget.

Corinna
04-27-2006, 09:21 AM
Welcome home Laura will and have been praying for Bridget.

catfamily
04-27-2006, 09:22 AM
I know a lot won't agree with me.But I hope she isn't scared sh.. outside lost hungry running for life.I think I'd rather KNOW that she was at RB than outside shaking and injured.
Do you know any guys that would bully the truth out of him? :D Now THAT would be nice :D

catmandu
04-27-2006, 09:24 AM
The Pet Angel Search and Rescue Squad is searching your Area for Bridget in the Hope taht she might be there.
We will all Pray that they are successful and Bdidget can come home.
Or that someone saw her ,fell in love and gave her a Furr Ever Home.

Donnaj4962
04-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Welcome home Laura! I am sorry that you came home to this. I am praying that Bridget is safe and sound. Many good thoughts and wishes for her are coming from me and my girls!

momcat
04-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Hi Laura and welcome home!! I'm glad to know this trip went reasonably well and you'rehome safe. Many prayers are being prayed that Bridget is fine and not far away. As for that manager, it's too bad that being an idiot AND a jerk isn't against the law.

QueenScoopalot
04-29-2006, 11:23 AM
Glad you're back safe & sound Laura. Is there any chance that Patty came back and got Bridget while you were away? If not, I'd sure throw a bigtime guilt trip on her and pray she never ever gets another creature to toss around like crap! :mad: :mad: :mad: Can you print out the photos of Bridget and take them to the shelter/s in your area and insist that you be informed if she is brought in, or if she was killed? I'm praying that Bridgets OK. Has Mike been putting food out for her while you were gone I hope? :confused:

Laura's Babies
04-29-2006, 01:16 PM
I called the shelter Jan, and they said she is not there, they have not seen her. I have printed the pictures out and am going to take them there in case my discription of being a beautiful fluffy tabby was to far off that they didn't reconize her as one they got from here. (I also have a copier and I am going to see if they want it before I drop it off at Goodwill.)

I am willing to bet you when Patty sees my number on her caller ID, that she does not answer the phone when I call but that is exactly what I plan to do. But I see it doing no good.. I have taken her to the shelter and shown her the freezers and dumpster, yet she still didn't get Bridget fixed. She also KNOWS the manager here traps them and sends them to the shelter and I have told her many, many times, that when they come in, in a trap, they are PTS immediately.

I just WISH I thought I could get a streight answer out of Lewis or the shelter so I could deal with it if it happened and get past it. I do not think she is here anymore. Samantha is not going to the front screen door anymore crying.....

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-29-2006, 02:01 PM
Samantha is not going to the front screen door anymore crying.....

Oh no...... that is NOT a good sign, indeed :( .

Laura's Babies
04-29-2006, 03:38 PM
She has only been to the door ONCE all day today. The last time home, she STAYED at the door.