PDA

View Full Version : Reacting to the "wild life" out front!

Pam
05-01-2002, 05:28 PM
I noted Trevor sitting so peacefully a little while ago looking out front. Not a peep out of him and it was surprising considering what he was watching....
http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/6737/images/PNBqEsCoBQIAAEFFnLY_6737_11.jpg

A few minutes later there was a lot of barking and this is what I saw...
http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/6737/images/PNBnKsCoBQIAAEi5iQM_6737_10.jpg

In both cases the bunny was totally unphased! :D :D

Fuzzy317
05-01-2002, 05:44 PM
Both pictures are great. :)

I live in suburbia, so I would never see anything like that. :(

lynnestankard
05-01-2002, 05:47 PM
LOL Pam - as Ms Sofee would say - takes a whole lot more than a pussy cat or doggie to scare a very brave bun e. rabbit in search of parsley!!!:D :D :D

Lynne

momoffuzzyfaces
05-01-2002, 06:22 PM
WoW! What great pictures. We used to have wild bunnies here but don't see them much in town any more. I wonder if that bun may have been a tame one at one time to come that close and not be scared. The pets were probably spellbound by this alien creature invading their space.:)

Dixieland Dancer
05-01-2002, 08:29 PM
Great pictures! I think the bunny wanted to tease them! :p

gini
05-01-2002, 09:14 PM
What great pictures! I wonder if there are little ones to go with that big rabbit?

Pam
05-01-2002, 09:19 PM
Rabbits are in abundance in our neighborhood and they are so tame. You can almost walk right up to them, but fortunately they do know to be more careful around dogs and cats. There have been a couple of close calls in the back yard where I have literally held my breath and said a little prayer for the bunnies to be able to escape from Bella in time. Yes, there will be little ones coming along soon too. One year we found an orphaned bunny in the back yard on the 4th of July. We named him/her Firecracker but unfortunately he/she was very sick and weak. It never made it through the night. :(

Logan
05-01-2002, 09:47 PM
Oh my, Pam!!! :eek: I do hope that no bunnies ever venture into my backyard. They might not be so lucky!!!

But, those are great pictures!!!! :)

zippy-kat
05-01-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer
Great pictures! I think the bunny wanted to tease them! :p

You know that first pic reminds me of a Calvin Klein ad (which I tried to find and couldn't)! lol

Bunnies? Tease? Oh most definitely!
I get the "puhleze petz me....hop hop hop... come onz! come over herez 'n petz me...hop, hop, hop...u knowz u wantz to catch mez 'n petz mez! ...hop, hop, hop... oh mooooommmmm....whyz can't ya catch mez 'n petz mez?... hop, hop, hop..." simple remedy: rattle the treat bag. "ohhhhh I'm right herezzz! Not runnin' nowz! Petz me! Beatz me! I don't carez! Jist gimme da treatz!!!"

GREAT PICTURES!!!

(poor lil' Firecracker :( )

LoudLou
05-01-2002, 11:56 PM
Those are such GREAT pictures!!!
Louie once saw a deer out our window. He was doing Ok until it came up to the window and stared at him.... Poor Louie was scared too death!:rolleyes: :D

Former User
05-02-2002, 01:45 AM
Pam, wonderful pics! I too think that the bunny was teasing your furkids. :D

Gio
05-02-2002, 03:19 AM
Great pics :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-02-2002, 11:43 AM
This is too funny! I just took a picture of a bunny we had in the backyard just the other day with the intentions of posting it here. I didn't get Peanut in the picture, but she was crouching down and doing the butt wiggle thing - as if she would really pounce on the bunny! :rolleyes: The bunny would probably turn and look and her and she'd freak and run under the bed. :rolleyes: Anyway, here's the picture.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/p013fc447cceedc20510e459ee3f8fedd/fdc42fe6.jpg

Then this morning we had two of them eating some corn we had put out for the birds. One of them was kind of big and one was smaller. I said the big one must be the daddy, but Terry thought it might be the mommy with a bunch of babies in her tummy. :D I ran to get the camera again, but they were gone by the time I got back. Tubby and Peanut never saw them this time. Too worried about getting their morning treats I guess. :rolleyes:

zippy-kat
05-02-2002, 11:53 AM
OHHHHHHHHHH what a beauty!

Must be some good eatin' over there...s/he looks kinda chubby! ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-02-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by SpencerTheLion
Gotta lot of work to get this back yard as nice as Peanut's

Don't worry, Chuck. It helps that we live in a townhome and all the major yardwork is done for us. All we have to do is maintain any flowers we might add. Trust me, if we had to do all the work, either I wouldn't spend so much time here at Pet Talk, or the yard would be in much worse shape. :rolleyes:

AmberLee
05-02-2002, 12:35 PM
This brings back pleasant memories. When I was first hired at my present job we were one of very few companies out on the edge of town. There was a lot of 'wildlife' considering how large the human community is: squirrels, rabbits, owls, wild ducks ... As the area built up the animals retreated. :(