PDA

View Full Version : Burnt Lips?

sandragonfly
04-26-2006, 10:47 AM
poor my baby.. just this morning. http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/sigh.gif

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/poorbaby.jpg

plays, eats, sits, runs fine. no swollen or exceed lickings. we walked a few long miles yesterafternoon.

:confused: is he okay?? :(

zoomer
04-26-2006, 10:53 AM
It looks like it is just from licking there too much, Alaska had it and it did no harm toward him, its nothing serious. Just a little too much licking.

Kfamr
04-26-2006, 11:03 AM
If it were my dog's I have them at the vets. Red areas could mean a number of things.

Lori Jordan
04-26-2006, 12:04 PM
It looks to me like that the dog skinned it on something?

pitc9
04-26-2006, 01:15 PM
Ouch! How long has his lips looked like that?

sandragonfly
04-26-2006, 02:31 PM
I just had him at the vet after he went missing. I've been calling several different offices around in this area to find a reasonable vet. the last one I went, with my cat miles too - ridiculous and a dog costs more.

lori jordan - I'm still trying to remember, figure out if it must have been skinned during the walk yesterday.

pitc - just this morning.

I tried touch it gently and see how he reacted, he licked my hand. :rolleyes: :)

sandragonfly
04-26-2006, 05:40 PM
yay, I found one!

crayola is going in in tomorrow morning at 11AM - I just had my teacher to start an exam earlier just for me tomorrow so I can take care of crayola! :D

thoughts/pawcrosses please. I can't wait... just hoping he has not been feeling any tingly pain? :confused:

Ginger's Mom
04-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Glad you found someone who can look at him. Lots of positive thoughts going out for Crayola.

Toby's my baby
04-26-2006, 06:56 PM
Poor Crayola!! :( I'm glad you found a good vet in your area, I hope his lips heal soon!! Prayers!! Give him a hug and a kiss from me too...please ;) :D

sandragonfly
04-26-2006, 07:28 PM
thanks you both! :)

toby, sure - he deserve extra, extra kisses so I'd be more than happy to! :D

Alysser
04-26-2006, 08:30 PM
Aww! Poor Crayola. Prayers and good thoughts on the way that this isn't serious! Good luck. Give him hugs for me to. :)

Giselle
04-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Aww, poor Crayola. It kind of looks like a bee sting or insect bite. Is there swelling in that area? It could also be sun burn or even allergies. Let us know what the vet says!

cyber-sibes
04-26-2006, 11:02 PM
Sending good vibes to Crayola, that looks painful, poor baby. Hope the vet can help!

.sarah
04-26-2006, 11:06 PM
Poor Crayola! I've seen that a few times before, but I'm not sure what causes it.

Vette
04-27-2006, 03:30 AM
Thats weird... never seen anything like that before.
almost looks like he has lip stick on in a way..

i think if he got burnt,, his whiskers would be singed or
gone completely where his lips are red...

wonder if he stuck his face into something hes alergic too.. like some kind of plant?

pitc9
04-27-2006, 09:09 AM
Let us know how the trip to the new vet goes!!

sandragonfly
04-27-2006, 09:10 AM
will do! and more kisses for crayola too. :)

allegry, he usually gets season allegry, not at this time of the year. and vette, microwhiskers couldn't be seen on infected area. (it's not redish as in picture, the lighthing made it pretty dark).

just finished a long exam .. phew! running home now, pick up my baby, yay.

we'll be back shortly.

Lori Jordan
04-27-2006, 09:46 AM
So any news yet what it is,My maggy last year got into a burr bush her tail was covered in them and i thought i had gotten them all out,well there was one that must of been pricking her she ripped a little patch of hair out on the back of here tail,Took her to the vets i was so scared she had infection by the colour of her skin,Vet gave her some dye stuff to put on and within 3 months all the hair had grown back...I hate when my animals get hurt it scares us so much!!!

lv4dogs
04-27-2006, 02:37 PM
How did the vet visit go? Any news?

Toby's my baby
04-27-2006, 04:43 PM
Any news yet?? Hope everything is ok!

sandragonfly
04-27-2006, 04:46 PM
but nothing to worry! sorry, I had classes at 12:30, 2PM and 3:30, thought I'd have time in between classes.. not! :rolleyes:

anyway, news - nothing serious - crayola's (friendly, veeery friendly) doctor thought the same, probably have been skinned somehow. also thought, possible of bitten by really small insect. but when I picked him up, his lips looked a bit better. I still wanted the doctor to take a look at him anyway, like I said the another one was a rip off. on (antibotic) tablets for a few days in case it's a bite.

crayola wants to thank everyone! (and is wagging constantly). :cool: :)

zoomer
04-27-2006, 04:48 PM
but nothing to worry! sorry, I had classes at 12:30, 2PM and 3:30, thought I'd have time in between classes.. not! :rolleyes:

anyway, news - nothing serious - crayola's (friendly, veeery friendly) doctor thought the same, probably have been skinned somehow. also thought, possible of bitten by really small insect. but when I picked him up, his lips looked a bit better. I still wanted the doctor to take a look at him anyway, like I said the another one was a rip off. on (antibotic) tablets for a few days in case it's a bite.

crayola wants to thank everyone! (and is wagging constantly). :cool: :)

I was right, wasn't I? Told you it was nothing too bad ;) Glad he's okay.

Lori Jordan
04-27-2006, 06:09 PM
I figured it was skinned im so relieved it aint anything serious!!!

Alysser
04-27-2006, 06:13 PM
Good! I'm glad he's ok.