PDA

View Full Version : My sister died tonight

Catty1
04-25-2006, 10:56 PM
After 20 years with MS, and the last three in end-stage...and the last year in and out of hosp several times with filled lungs and pneumonia...with veins that were always hard and painful to find...my sister died tonight, surrounded by love and her family. She had had some morphine, and was out of it...thank God it was quick.

I have grieved for the sister I lost many times over the years...now I am grateful she is free.

Thanks for your ears...

Catty1

BOBS DAD
04-25-2006, 11:03 PM
I am so sorry to hear that. And yet, I can understand your feeling of gratefulness for both she and everyone that loved her. Yes... she is truly free now. No more pain, no more suffering. She has the legs she had as a teenager, the arms of strength and the lungs of an Olympic athlete. Just the way God meant her to be - perfect in every way. No more suffering, only peace. I really believe that when we die, we are reborn in God's grace - the perfect angel. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. God bless you!

Love, Dan

slick
04-25-2006, 11:03 PM
I posted in the other thread but let me take this opportunity to send out more prayers and {{{hugs}}}. Fly high little sis....the chains have been released. Enjoy your new eternal life and when you get settled in up there, maybe you could whisper in Catty's ear to let her know that you are OK.

My thoughts are with you and the family Catty.

luvofallhorses
04-25-2006, 11:06 PM
I'm so sorry. :( ((hugs))

zippy-kat
04-25-2006, 11:19 PM
It's a bittersweet comfort, isn't it? {{Many hugs and healing thoughts for you. }}

BitsyNaceyDog
04-25-2006, 11:24 PM
I'm so sorry.

Karen
04-25-2006, 11:33 PM
As my mother died of ALS, Lou Gehrig's Disease, I am all-too-familiar with the strange mix of grief and relief you are likely experiencing. Just picture her whole again, and happy again, surrounded by her (and likely your) past pets in a joyful reunion at the Rainbow Bridge.

What was her name?

You'll all be in our prayers.

trayi52
04-25-2006, 11:42 PM
I am so sorry to hear the news. Sending Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Willie

shais_mom
04-25-2006, 11:43 PM
you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Catty1
04-25-2006, 11:47 PM
Thank you SO much, everyone.

Her name was Darcia. Pronounced like "Marcia".

She was a cool girl with a dry dark sense of humour!

And yes, she has two furry friends at the Bridge waiting for her - cream point and redpoint littermates named Meatball and Froggy respectively. :)

Thank you again - your support means a lot.

hugs
Catty1

gini
04-26-2006, 12:04 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. But I fully understand that feeling of relief as well. It is so difficult to watch a family member that you dearly love suffer.

I feel certain that she is with her beloved pets. I also think that every time you remember her and laugh over something that you shared - she will be right with you laughing as well.

You have my prayers to relieve your own pain in this loss along with your family.

caseysmom
04-26-2006, 12:10 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, now and over time. May Darcia rest in peace.

Killearn Kitties
04-26-2006, 02:29 AM
No matter how prepared you are for the death of someone close, and no matter how much of a release it is for them, it's still a body blow when it comes. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. She sounded a lovely person.

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-26-2006, 03:14 AM
Oh no....... I just saw this :(
I am so sorry for your loss Catty!!! I know how much you cared for her.... . MS is a terrible disease, my mom is in that end-stage too.... .And, maybe I have it too :confused:

Lots of big hugs to my American sister!! take care Cattyhttp://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20973%20Huge_hug.gif

Miss Z
04-26-2006, 03:28 AM
I'm SO sorry Catty1. It sounds like she was having a rough ordeal, but now may Darcia rest in peace.

I have grieved for the sister I lost many times over the years...now I am grateful she is free.

That is so beautiful, it almost made me cry. Sending ((hugs)) to you at this difficult time and you will be in my thoughts.:( :( :(

cloverfdx
04-26-2006, 04:33 AM
You and your family will be in my thoughts Catty {{Hugs}}. Rest easy Darcia.

Pawsitive Thinking
04-26-2006, 04:34 AM
I am so sorry to read about the loss of your sister. Take comfort in the knowledge that she is now free from suffering. Hugs and kisses to you and your family

Oggyflute
04-26-2006, 04:38 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. Best thoughts and wishes to you and your family.

chocolatepuppy
04-26-2006, 05:07 AM
I'm so sorry. :( I know all too well the feeling of relief after losing a few loved ones to cancer. Darcia is now at peace. {hugs}

Ginger's Mom
04-26-2006, 05:52 AM
I am sorry for your loss. I, too, understand the feeling of relief for the end of a loved one's suffering and the grief you felt during their struggle. {{{Hugs}}}

Rachel
04-26-2006, 06:28 AM
I too would like to express my sorrow on your loss. Your sister's life was challenging for her, yet she had the benefit of a family who cared deeply for her. That must have been a great comfort for her especially during those times she was suffering. Hold tightly to your faith and be open to receive that feeling of a message from your sister that indeed she is in a better place. May God be with you.

Pembroke_Corgi
04-26-2006, 07:15 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about your sister.

Sonia59
04-26-2006, 07:46 AM
(((((Hugs)))))

moosmom
04-26-2006, 07:47 AM
Catty1,

I am so sorry to hear about your sister. Please accept my sincere condolences. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

.sarah
04-26-2006, 07:54 AM
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry! You and your family will be in my thoughts. (((HUGS)))

joanofark
04-26-2006, 07:59 AM
I'm glad the pain is over too...... But I'm so sorry for you!! {{Hugsssss}}

ramanth
04-26-2006, 08:15 AM
Catty, I am so very sorry for your loss. :( :( :(

4 Dog Mother
04-26-2006, 08:17 AM
I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. Hugs and prayers to you.

king2005
04-26-2006, 08:50 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss.

I never experienced first hand of a loved one suffering & passing on. I have see ones I care for go what you went through. I watched my old boss for 3 years fall apart with her husband suffering with MS. She just wanted it to end & for him to be free at last. The poor man had it for 10yrs & the last 3 were the worst.

My aunt has MS & the Dr.s are baffled (she should have been in a wheel chair 15yrs ago). She going on 20yrs on having MS & still walking (looks like shes drunk, but she wont stop).

My childhood friend suffered from 8 cancers. It happened very suddenly & 2yrs later he had enough & refused all treatment & passed away 2 days later.

I'm sorry your siser had MS, but at the sametime its good her suffering was over so quickly & it happened with loving family members, you can't ask for a better way to go :)
*hugs to you & your family*

Catty1
04-26-2006, 09:19 AM
King - apparently there is a t shirt that reads: "I'm Not Drunk - I Have MS" :)

MS is a very individual thing - some folks get one attack and never see it again. Others are bedridden or dead in a year. Some just carry on with a bit of a challenge all their lives.

Like your friend with cancer. My sister used to have a saying about people who had chronic illnesses and either 'went gently into that good night' or even took themselves off the planet. She would say: "They just didn't want to play any more."

Even though my sister seemed alert and was looking at us on Sunday - I would guess she decided she didn't want to play any more.

We had let her go, she knew she was loved. Everyone - tell someone you love them. Make amends - heal and be kind.

HUGS to everyone

Catty1

lvpets2002
04-26-2006, 09:38 AM
:( :( I am so sorry & saddened of your loss Cathy.. I know there is mixed emotions now with missing her & at the same time not wanting her to have no more pain.. May God be with you & your family & with her.. May she rest in peace now && go to Rainbow Bridge to look over all of our beloved PT babies.. Me & the girls send you & your family lots of Whisker ((((((( Prayers ))))))) && {{{{{{{ Hugs }}}}}}

Christiansmommy
04-26-2006, 09:56 AM
I am so very sorry. It seems that you are at peace with it, since she is pain free now. I know you will miss her presence, but you are right, she is free.

(((HUGS)))

Cataholic
04-26-2006, 09:59 AM
Whether it is 'time', or too soon, the pain still exists. I am sorry for your loss, and thankful that your sister's suffering is over. May her memories bring you comfort, until that one day when you are re-united.

Hugs,
Johanna

elizabethann
04-26-2006, 10:02 AM
My deepest sympathies.

Lori Jordan
04-26-2006, 10:20 AM
Im so sorry to hear the Loss of your sister!
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/JamieLori/floralbestwishespgMA11570505252D042.jpg TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!!

Donnaj4962
04-26-2006, 10:24 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, but I know that you realize that your beloved sister is no longer in pain, and is living the life that she had before her disease took over.

I am certain that she is with her beloved RB babies, as well as maybe someother humans that have passed. She is looking down upon you as she tries to ease your pain.

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Bless you.

Randi
04-26-2006, 10:46 AM
Catty, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. :( I hope it will be a comfort to know, that you have been there for your sister during all these difficult years, and yes, I understand your your mixed feelings. She is painfree now.

My deepest sympathy ... and hugs.

Anita Cholaine
04-26-2006, 10:51 AM
I'm so sorry about your loss... :( She's not in pain anymore, she will be in peace, with God now and forever... (((hugs))) for you and all your family...

sirrahved
04-26-2006, 11:17 AM
I'm sorry for your loss, and understand fully your relief.

My aunt has MS. She now has brain atrophy and has the mental capacity of a 5-year-old. My mother has had to take over guardianship of her. I love my aunt very much, but she isn't happy, and she won't be getting better. She can't walk, dress herself, use the restroom...

God's peace to you in this time.

Gerkyhen
04-26-2006, 11:23 AM
That is both lovely and true, she is at peace now, full with health and happiness i'm am so sorry for you too

My Peanuts
04-26-2006, 11:57 AM
Catty,
I'm sorry for your loss. Your post gave me chills. I have lost so many family members and I feel your pain. Your attitude is wonderful and your strength really shows through. I'm happy that your sister found peace.
Love,
Diana

catfamily
04-26-2006, 04:21 PM
I am so very very sorry for your sister's passing.The pain is so intense and I will pray for you and your family.
I lost my little brother in '99 and I felt as though I died.I'll never ever be the same.So I feel your pain.
Please try to think of the happier times when she was laughing.That's the way I had to do it with my 29 year old brother.It Does help when you think of them when they were laughing or just being funny.I hope you can heal from this pain soon.
I really am so VERY sorry for your loss.
Carla

RedHedd
04-26-2006, 05:21 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, but I also know the relief at knowing a loved one is out of their pain and suffering, having watched my husband die a slow death from cancer. The memories we hold of the good times, when they were healthy will be cherished forever. {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}

AbbyMom
04-26-2006, 07:00 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers for you and your family.

Laura's Babies
04-26-2006, 08:18 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I will remember her and you in my prayers.

sammy101
04-26-2006, 08:21 PM
i'm so sorry :(
{{{Hugs}}}

barncat
04-26-2006, 08:44 PM
My sympathy.... it is never easy parting from someone you love.

joycenalex
04-26-2006, 08:49 PM
i am so sorry for your loss..

Alysser
04-26-2006, 09:01 PM
I am SO sorry! I can't imagine what you are going through.(((HUGS)))

catnapper
04-26-2006, 09:16 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. I know its hard when you feel the mixture of relief that she's no longer in pain, and the grief that she's no longer here. (((hugs))) to you and many prayers for your family in this sad time.

Daisy and Delilah
04-26-2006, 09:48 PM
{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

carole
04-26-2006, 09:56 PM
Catty1 I am so sorry for your loss and my heart goes out to you at this sad and difficult time, HUGS to you and your family, RIP dear Darcia and I know she will be re-united with her beloved RB Pets.

LuvGold00
04-26-2006, 10:20 PM
My thoughts are with you and your family tonight.

K9soul
04-26-2006, 10:26 PM
My deepest sympathies and heartfelt prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. I am glad she is at peace and pain-free, no more horrible suffering for her. {{hugs}} to you.

Cincy'sMom
04-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. I know how hard it is to loose a sibling, as my brother passed away last July.

pnance
04-27-2006, 12:35 AM
I'm so sorry to here about your loss. It's always hard to let someone you love go even when you know they've finally left the pain and illness behind.
Hugs to you and your family.

cyber-sibes
04-27-2006, 08:58 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. ((((((hugs))))) May you and your family be comforted by many happy memories of her. A few months ago, my cousin died of MS. She had been suffering with it for over twenty years. Still, it was very sad to loose her.

Lobodeb
04-27-2006, 09:28 AM
((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

My dearest sympathies go out to you and your family during this most difficult time.

lv4dogs
04-27-2006, 09:41 AM
I'm so sorry sweetie. {{hugs}} You & your family will be in my prayers.

lizbud
04-27-2006, 10:15 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your Sister's death. :( It is a bittersweet
loss. Prayers for you & your family.

buttercup132
04-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Aww I'm sorry to here that!!
((((HUGS))))

Zippy
04-27-2006, 01:38 PM
I am so sorry.She is at peace now.

KYS
04-27-2006, 06:19 PM
I just read your post....
I am so sorry to hear about your sister.
(((HUGS))))

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-28-2006, 06:05 AM
I am so sorry for you loss! {{HUGS}} :(

Jadapit
04-28-2006, 09:58 AM
I'm just now seeing this, I'm so sorry for the loss of your sister. :( My thoughts are with you and your family. (((Hugs)))

Rio&Nickysmommy
04-29-2006, 11:37 PM
SO sorry for your loss. Know now that you sister is free and healthy again. Huggs and prayers to you.
My siter-inlaw has MS and it is so hard on them. Yes she is free.
Hugs again
RIo&Nickysmommy

RICHARD
04-30-2006, 02:27 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.