04-25-2006, 10:31 PM
Allow me to introduce..

Jolene
http://bettas.oh-my-dog.net/images/123_2369.JPG

http://bettas.oh-my-dog.net/images/123_2392.JPG

And Zeppelin
http://bettas.oh-my-dog.net/images/123_2395.JPG

http://bettas.oh-my-dog.net/images/123_2399.JPG

I found them at the LFS today and got them for only $10 bucks! YUP. A halfmoon and a near halfmoon for 10 bucks!! :D

I'm gonna give them a little bit to settle then try putting them in the spawning tank. :D

.sarah
04-25-2006, 10:35 PM
Holy cow Zepplin is gorgeous!

I want a Betta, but I do not want a tank to clean! Oh well :p

Flatcoatluver
04-25-2006, 11:06 PM
wow so is it 86 bettas now?? They are so gorgeus!! I will be requesting one lol!!!!

binka_nugget
04-25-2006, 11:11 PM
wow so is it 86 bettas now?? They are so gorgeus!! I will be requesting one lol!!!!

Nope, it's 97 now LOL. Addicted? Noooo. Not at all.

:p

Flatcoatluver
04-25-2006, 11:13 PM
lol!! Yeah I was going to ask you how many betta food jars you go through a week!!?? lol :)

binka_nugget
04-25-2006, 11:15 PM
lol!! Yeah I was going to ask you how many betta food jars you go through a week!!?? lol :)

Haha, a lot! But I've been going through less worms lately because I've been feeding live food. =D

.sarah
04-25-2006, 11:25 PM
Nope, it's 97 now LOL. Addicted? Noooo. Not at all.

:p
Holy cow batman. :eek: Are you joking? How many tanks do you clean? How often?

bckrazy
04-26-2006, 01:02 AM
OMGzz they're so cute! They remind me a lot of my babies ^^ precious. That boy is really, really awesome... he could place well in any show, imo. Did you name the girl Jolene after the White Stripes song? :p pfffft $10! That's like $4 US too. I'm not... jealous.. at all. :(

LOL Sarah, I think 80 of those are fry, still living in a large tank together. In a month or so, Ashley will definitely be cleaning a lot! heh. It really isn't as hard as it seems, I used to spend about 1 hour a week cleaning 30 1 gallons after a lot of practice. Cleaning the grow-out added on 1-2 hours.

.sarah
04-26-2006, 01:33 AM
LOL Sarah, I think 80 of those are fry, still living in a large tank together.
Yeah, but that's still nearly 20 tanks, right? That's nuts! I mean, not in a bad way, I'd totally do it too if I could deal with tank cleaning, but I hate cleaning tanks so I'm going to stay away from the Betta craze. :p

chocolatepuppy
04-26-2006, 05:00 AM
Wow, both of them are so cute! What beautiful colors. :)

binka_nugget
04-26-2006, 06:54 AM
Did you name the girl Jolene after the White Stripes song?

I did! I was gonna name them Meg and Jack but I already have a Jack. :p

flamepony12
04-26-2006, 10:18 AM
They're so cuuuute! :D I can't believe you found them in another LFS. You lucky. * poke *

zoomer
04-26-2006, 11:03 AM
They are beautiful it is great your rescued these guys from the pet store. I find it abusive for the pet store people to keep them in such small little containers, if they cannot afford enough tanks for them then they should not get as many. It just blows me away how cruel pet stores and be these days :( At least they are in good hands now!

Roxyluvsme13
04-26-2006, 12:15 PM
I wish I had 96 bettas :p. Please take me to your LFS! You find HMs, there, and didn't you get your Opaqaue boy from a LFS?!??! I'm so jealous >.<. I bet they'll make beautiful babies! :D

My Peanuts
04-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Obsessed! ;) LOL, yeah I'm one to talk; I take in every homeless animal I see and when no one claims them I keep them! :D

buttercup132
04-26-2006, 02:18 PM
Excuse me you have enough bettas what do you think your doing going out getting more of them hu hu??:p
I think I'll just call you betta lady from now on lol:D :p

binka_nugget
04-26-2006, 05:44 PM
I wish I had 96 bettas :p. Please take me to your LFS! You find HMs, there, and didn't you get your Opaqaue boy from a LFS?!??! I'm so jealous >.<. I bet they'll make beautiful babies! :D

Yup, I've gotten most of my bettas from that fish store. They're really quite a rare find. These ladies take awesome care of their fishes and treat their customers really well! They've also said they'd take in some of my babies from my spawns if I can't find enough homes on my own. I have no problem giving some of the babies to them since the type of customers they attract are serious fish addicts. :D

Roxyluvsme13
04-26-2006, 05:47 PM
Yup, I've gotten most of my bettas from that fish store. They're really quite a rare find. These ladies take awesome care of their fishes and treat their customers really well! They've also said they'd take in some of my babies from my spawns if I can't find enough homes on my own. I have no problem giving some of the babies to them since the type of customers they attract are serious fish addicts. :D
It's great that they're an actually good LFS. I wish our Petsmart was better. :(.