PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing Cat Hair

Edwina's Secretary
05-01-2002, 04:26 PM
This morning as I left for work I looked for Edwina to say goodbye :rolleyes:

She was stretched out on the one chair I have asked her not to sit in -- a favorite of late.

It made me think of how I found out she was sitting in it....

When she first came to live with us I had all these restrictions on her...which quickly went out the window except for one. I asked her not to go in the living room. One of the chairs in that room was a Louis XVI (I think) chair covered in yellow moire. I never once saw Edwina in the living room. What a good girl!

On my wedding day the photographer was doing his thing and my father (in his tux) was sitting in the yellow chair waiting to go with me to the church. It was time to go. My father stood up and the pants of his tux... COVERED in cat hair!

:o :o Not such a good girl!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-01-2002, 05:29 PM
Cute story. :)

My mom has an antique loveseat that she had redone and prefers that her long haired ragdoll not sit on it, which he, of course, prefers to do. So she solved the problem by putting a huge stuffed dog on it so there's no room for him. Covers the loveseat so you can't really see it, but at least it's red velvet seat isn't covered in long white cat hair (like the rest of the house!) :D

Ila
05-01-2002, 05:58 PM
Oh yes cat hair!! It is real embarassing when company comes over and your to go out for supper and they sit in your chairs and get up and you have to say may I brush you off I forgot to vaccum the chair and you seem to have cat hair on you. Worse when the friends are not real keen on cats anyway. ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-01-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
This morning as I left for work I looked for Edwina to say goodbye :rolleyes:
She was stretched out on the one chair I have asked her not to sit in -- a favorite of late.
:o :o Not such a good girl!
LOL! But Mom! She was being good. She wasn't sitting; she was laying! She could cover more of the chair with hair that way! They plan these things in advance you know.;)

yorkster
05-01-2002, 07:49 PM
funny! :D

I know what you mean. We go through alot of sticky lint remover here, and have been known to hand it to our friends and family when they visit :eek:

Also, if we are going out, and want to wear a dark color, we don't get dressed until we are just about to walk out the door. :rolleyes: And we NEVER wear black around the house! Both our kittys are light color and long haired.............

Logan
05-01-2002, 09:45 PM
:o :o I had to hand my mother the lint remover Sunday morning because my Dad had cat hair all over the seat of his pants!!! :o :o I didn't know that some white (hint, hint) cat had been sleeping on the kitchen chairs........ :o

yorkster
05-01-2002, 11:05 PM
Oh Logan, I wonder who that white colored cat is???:confused: :rolleyes:

krazyaboutkatz
05-01-2002, 11:36 PM
No matter how often I use my pet hair pick up brush, I still find cat hair on me when I get to work. The girl that I work with also gets cat hair in her work area. Throughout the day she'll say "Now who's fur is this". Since I have three cats, she'll try to guess who's fur it is. Oh well this is just one of the things that cat owners have to put up with.:p

Former User
05-02-2002, 02:07 AM
Since it's "Prime Shedding time" as my friend Sandy says, there's cat hair everywhere! Casper isn't so bad anymore (or don't I just notice it because I wear black?;) ) But Kitty.... oh my, howcome a little cat like she is, can shed SO much? I'm brushing her everyday, and always the same amount of fur comes off. :rolleyes:

05-02-2002, 04:46 AM
I love white , but Sydney always ruines it with his black fur .....
Before I go out , I always brush of the fur , but sometimes people ring at the door , I open it , and .... realize I look like Dalmation dog (black spots of hair , all over me ...)

Gio
05-02-2002, 06:52 AM
LOL I've almost given up the battle with cat's hair! :D Years ago it was easier, I had 2 black cats and since I mainly dress in darker colours for the office it wasn't that bad. Well now my 3 cover most colours of the cat hair spectrum so I never win. They also seem to know: if I put clothes on my bed when I get ready for work Prema will sit on the lighter coloured ones :p

Pam
05-02-2002, 07:02 AM
I am constantly brushing my two in an attempt to keep up with it. I think I could stuff a pillow with it in a week! :D A couple of years ago when my daughter was getting married and my son came downstairs in his black tux I told him "I hope you are prepared to stand until we leave for the church!" :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-02-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Pam
I am constantly brushing my two in an attempt to keep up with it. I think I could stuff a pillow with it in a week! :D

I try and brush Peanut every week. She normally likes it, until I start on her tummy, which undoubetdly needs it most. When she's finally had enough, I usually have a small ball of fur. Well one day I must hav gotten distracted, and when I came back she was batting at the ball of her fur, then started licking it. The licking didn't work so well since the fur wasn't still stuck to her, so she got a mouthful and it was funny watching her trying to get it off her tongue. I pulled most of it away so she wouldn't lick anymore. :rolleyes: Silly kitty. :rolleyes:

Logan
05-02-2002, 11:00 AM
I wear a lot of black, but I have a much bigger problem with Golden Retriever hair than I do cat hair! Butter isn't too much of a problem unless you sit where he has been sleeping, as my dad did :o , since he doesn't like to be held, I don't get too much hair on me! But my pants legs always have Golden Retriever hair on them!!!

Edwina's Secretary
05-02-2002, 01:57 PM
My husband brushes Edwina outside and just lets her freed fur blow in the wind. The squirrels like it (along with the stuffing from the chair cushions) for their nests.

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=showMyPhoto&albumID=24327346&photoID=25354070&security=xQBsVhoQWL

Former User
05-02-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Pam
I am constantly brushing my two in an attempt to keep up with it. I think I could stuff a pillow with it in a week! :D A couple of years ago when my daughter was getting married and my son came downstairs in his black tux I told him "I hope you are prepared to stand until we leave for the church!" :D :D

:D :D :D

Randi
05-02-2002, 03:46 PM
With the risk of being considered a complete looney, I will admit that I've kept Fister's brushed off fur, with the intention of making a pillow for his mother. :rolleyes: I keep it in a big paperbag. Unfortunately, his mother got very sick last Easter and had to be put down. She was living in our backyard and had her own house there, but I thought, in the winter when it gets really cold, she could do with a bit of her son's lovely soft and warm fur to lay on.

Fister loves to be brushed - even on the tummy! :D

Former User
05-03-2002, 02:13 AM
Awww Randi, I don't think you're looney because of what you were planning to do. That's so sweet of you to think of her. Too bad she's gone now, but she's warm at the Rainbow Bridge, keeping her son an eye. :)

Randi
05-03-2002, 06:08 AM
Thanks Niina! :D I may want to use it for the other male cat left in the yard - I took some pictures of him yesterday and will try to put them in today, only John is very busy on that machine. Mine hasn't got USB - so patience! ;)

gini
05-03-2002, 12:31 PM
Last night I was at my brother's home and he has a large German Shepherd - Jake. I was playing with my little niece on the floor and we were having fun sitting together on a little step that leads to the bedroom.

When I got up, my brother started to laugh because he said my butt looked like it was "growing hair." I had BLACK pants on, what else.

Maybe we should start a whole new line of clothing for pet owners.

Can't you hear me go into the store and ask for Orange Tabby slacks, please?

AmberLee
05-03-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by gini
... Orange Tabby slacks, please?

Hee, hee, hee!!! :D

Randi
05-03-2002, 02:16 PM
Can't you hear me go into the store and ask for Orange Tabby slacks, please?
          I can provide the material for those! :D :D

gini
05-03-2002, 02:40 PM
:) :) Between Fister and Rascal, we could probably come up with the entire outfit - slacks and a jacket:p :p

Randi
05-03-2002, 03:09 PM
:) :) Between Fister and Rascal, we could probably come up with the entire outfit - slacks and a jacket:p :p
          :D LOL! LOL! LOL!:D

lailamara
05-03-2002, 07:14 PM
Randi I can relate to your story. After my Theo and then a year later Zoe passed on I still felt their presence in little ways . Cat hair on clothes and furniture that never really came off completely. Cleaning out the lint trap in the washing machine it always had a wad of fuzzy stuff that was mostly cat hair. One day several months after Zoe had passed on I did the laundry and noticed no more cat hairs. Could of done a load of laundry with the tears I shed. Funny stuff that cat hair.