PDA

View Full Version : Question

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 08:29 PM
I have seen lots of our posts that are on the internet???is all these forums supposed to be there?

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 08:34 PM
type your names in your profile and everything comes up!

Karen
04-25-2006, 08:41 PM
What do you mean? Are you using a search engine? Which one? This whole site is part of the Internet ...

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 08:45 PM
Google,google your name and your profile comes up i just dont like the email address being posted you never know with the internet.

lute
04-25-2006, 08:48 PM
yer e-mail is viewable to all once you put in ANYWHERE on the internet.

Karen
04-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Well, I did the Google search, and it does have you but also several other Lori Jordans and their email addresses, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 08:52 PM
Im just saying the spam part with it being there we could all get lots of unwanted emails.

BitsyNaceyDog
04-25-2006, 08:52 PM
I think what she's saying is if I do a google (or another search engine) search for "KBlaix" posts I made here on PT will come up. I think she's asking if that's normal.

If that's what you're asking the answer is yes, it's normal. Google searches the internet for what you tell it to search for and since PT is part of the internet if you search for your username it will find your posts.

EDIT- we posted at the same time... I think you can hide your email address in your profile.

Karen
04-25-2006, 08:55 PM
Spam, sadly, is part of life as a user of the Internet. I use the email program Eudora, and it has an excellent spam filtering system, I only have to delete less than probably 30 a day by hand, and most of them are in an Asian character set, so easily recognizable as spam, or as something I wouldn't know how to read even if it wasn't spam.

I moved this down to the Town Hall, as that is where it belongs, not Dog General.

Miss Z
04-26-2006, 04:22 AM
I think you can hide your email address in your profile.

Yes, you can. I have mine hidden;)

Karen
04-26-2006, 07:25 AM
... I think you can hide your email address in your profile.

You can hide it from other Pet Talk folks, and it is not displayed anyway in the view users see of anyon's profile, but keep in mind that Google and other search engines regularly catalog sites, so if you once had it not hidden, they likely have that cached.

sandragonfly
04-26-2006, 02:00 PM
:eek: :eek: oh no.. I thought I am hidden here well.

look what I found..

cute ark card (http://www.ediblesinc.com/order.phtml?step=1_customize&occasion_id=44&product_id=680) made by another gina. :D

Miss Z
04-26-2006, 02:44 PM
:eek: :eek: oh no.. I thought I am hidden here well.

look what I found..

cute ark card (http://www.ediblesinc.com/order.phtml?step=1_customize&occasion_id=44&product_id=680) made by another gina. :D

Yeah, someone's even written a book about me!!!! Really, stealing my information!!!!

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/c/angela-carter/miss-z-dark-young-lady.htm

:p :p :p

king2005
05-08-2006, 12:21 PM
go to google images & there are LOADS of PT pics there.. they even have many from my old websites & the other forums I belong too... its annoying, but its good too casue I don't have access to my websites from work, but google images stores thumbnails, so I can show those off lol!!

Pawsitive Thinking
06-01-2006, 06:57 AM
I "googled" me and came up with Elizabethann's profile!! I think I'll be her instead, she seems much nicer ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-02-2006, 03:53 AM
Just type "lutlobeau" in Google, and you will be amazed what inormation you will get about me :rolleyes: