PDA

View Full Version : most terrible breeder website!

lute
04-25-2006, 08:20 PM
what is the most terrible breeder's website you've ever seen? i know ya'll have seen a lot, but what is the worst of the WORST?

i know this is a weird topic, but i wanted someing original.

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 08:23 PM
I cant remeber the name of the website it boggled me it was of Australian Shepherds the dogs were filthy and did not look like,the one Aussie had a coat like a poodle,and these dogs were apparently registered dont know how but i have seen more outragious things than that!

Alysser
04-25-2006, 08:33 PM
That puppy wizard thing? I can't remember the name.

Kfamr
04-25-2006, 08:33 PM
You forgot a link?

animal_rescue
04-25-2006, 08:48 PM
wizardofclaws.com

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Just a question where is the bad part of this sight celebrities have bought from them now i just seen the first page?is there a pacific catagory too look at or is it just because they have tons of breeds?

Karen
04-25-2006, 09:03 PM
Hey, uh, don't post actual links - we don't want to give these people any traffic from Pet Talk that might profit them! put spaces or asterisks in so folks can type it in if they want, but we do not link directly to an evil site, okay?

Alysser
04-25-2006, 09:06 PM
Good idea Karen! That is what it was.

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Maltese what is wrong?is it the variety of breeds they have,like a puppy mill?

Alysser
04-25-2006, 09:08 PM
I hate this "teacup" maltese crap. They are totally ruining the breed standard. :mad:

Alysser
04-25-2006, 09:10 PM
Maltese what is wrong?is it the variety of breeds they have,like a puppy mill?

Yes, like a puppy mill. Not only that but these dogs are poorly bred and they are selling the pups over the internet, which is a terrible thing to do.

animal_rescue
04-25-2006, 09:10 PM
Well for one(and this is personal for me) take a look at the dobermans! They are horrible HORRIBLE breed standard. A breeder for one should not sell puppies over the internet and never meet the owners. A breeder should not breed for money. And that is exactly what their doing. Those dobermans looked the exact OPPOSITE of breed standard. No I don't hate them for that either, Maggie isn't exactly breed standard either, but you should breed because you want to better not for money. Those dogs aren't going to be shown and I highly doubt they have background show lines. Their just stock in store and that's all the store owner/breeder sees them as.

Alysser
04-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Have you seen the Italian Greyhounds? :mad: OMG! That doesn't even look like one. It looks like a chi.

bckrazy
04-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Lori Jordan - teen celebs are not a good reference, IMHO :p! Most of them absolutely view dogs as the newest accessory to take cute pictures with and dump later... Paris Hilton comes to mind. This breeder is bad because they are a puppy mill, simply put. They produce massive amounts of puppies indiscriminately, and they breed whatever "designer" mixes are in style at the moment. No mention of health testing or screened buyers - and you know they don't know the first thing about exhibiting their dogs in shows or activities, nor do they care. There are also reports of them being arrested/fined for cruelty, bad conditions, etc. It does not take a lot of thought to see that all they care about is money, and that translates to a complete lack of concern for their dogs, puppies, and for any of the homeless dogs in this country.

There are so many horrible breeders, the popularity of the internet is a God-send to them, too. :( A massive directory of dispicable breeders is Puppyfind!

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 09:16 PM
Im going to go look now!

Alysser
04-25-2006, 09:17 PM
Another breed they ruin is Great danes. The second dog has a pug nose! That is NOT a standard for Great danes. :mad: Ugh look at this:
http://wizard ofclaws.c om/Large breeds/greatdane.htm

luvofallhorses
04-25-2006, 09:17 PM
Hey, uh, don't post actual links - we don't want to give these people any traffic from Pet Talk that might profit them! put spaces or asterisks in so folks can type it in if they want, but we do not link directly to an evil site, okay?

you took the words right out of my mouth!

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 09:18 PM
where do i look i can find the breeds you are talking about?

Alysser
04-25-2006, 09:20 PM
http://wizardof claws.com/other breedsm aster.htm
Here. It has spaces. :)

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 09:22 PM
Ok the golden retriever and the labradoodle look the same the boxer and rott's look wrong what a big website they have

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 09:23 PM
the standard poodle looks like 2 completely different dogs.

IRescue452
04-26-2006, 07:58 AM
They have a cocker spaniel, looks more like a poodle, that is 95% white. That is definately against the breed standard (not that I personally care about colour in the standard but a breeder would not sell this dog as the pick of the litter). It has blue eyes. It looks sickly.

lute
04-26-2006, 03:23 PM
OMG! that's TERRIBLE!! :mad:
the boxers just look ill!
those poor great danes! :mad: what TERRIBLE bred dogs!
the golden retrievers look ill too!
the GSD are FAAAAR from the breed standard!
the IG looks like a chihuahuhua!
i'm not even gonna go to the "designer breeds"! i keep hearing more and more about them! i'm soooo tired of hearing about these mixed breeds!
OMG! i've heard it all! a TEACUP corgi!

i can't believe people think these are quality dogs!

Roxyluvsme13
04-26-2006, 03:29 PM
OH NO. Don't even get me started on this site! Look at the poor POMS!
http://wizardof claws. com/pom eranian. htm
THOSE ARE NOT BREED STANDARD POMS! :mad::(
ETA:Look at THIS
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR TOY BREED PUPPIES

As you know you have just purchased one of the smallest of the small. If you have purchased one of the extra-tiny or teacup babies, they are just like premature babies. They are so fragile and so vulnerable that only constant, love and thorough care will enable them to live. This is the original contract to purchase the above described puppy. Furthermore, by your signature below, you are aware and accept all the terms and conditions herein set forth. Moreover this addendum will help the buyer of the above mentioned puppy to better care for their newly purchased pet. We guarantee on hereditary defects, proven by a licensed veterinarian, prevent the animal from living a normal life as a companion pet. The puppy is registered with one of the following registries. Continental Kennel Club, American Kennel Club, APR or ACA and other quality registers. All puppies have "open registration" no contracts. You can have your own litters, it's your dog.

We will mail registration papers within 120 days of purchase.

1. The Buyer understands that the puppy being purchased is an extremely fragile breed. Furthermore, the buyer understands additional care will be needed to insure the health and well being of said puppy. Without proper care this breed can suffer from Hypoglycemia, dehydration, etc.

2. Feeding instructions. The puppy is eating: EUKANUBA - SMALL BITE PUPPY FORMULA DRY FOOD PEDIGREE PUPPY CANNED FOOD AND COTTAGE CHEESE

Feeding Instructions: Mix both dry and moist food and add one tablespoon of Cottage cheese. In about 90 days start feeding dry food only.

Make sure puppy has food and water all of the time close to him/her.

Nutrical:It's a tube that looks like toothpaste. Give twice a day after meals, or in between meals. Finger nail portion only. (This is just for extra calories). Please don't give too much, it can make then sick.

PLEASE make sure that the puppy gets rest. Don't let him/her play too long for the first two weeks. Let them play for 15 minutes and then carry them or put them to sleep. Minimize their activity level so their blood sugar levels do not drop. Leave them alone so they can eat. If puppy ever looks lethargic, give 3 teaspoonfuls of honey or maple syrup and call me immediately 1-954-885-6600

3. We recommends that Buyer DOES NOT depart from this routine for at least one week from purchase.

4. Puppies are easily stressed by excessive holding. Buyer should limit holding the puppy to 15 minutes per hour.

5. Keep puppy a clean, dry, and warm place to sleep. Provide a heating pad, but keep the cord away from the puppy.

6. In the event of death of puppy, Buyer (at Buyer's expense) must provide to Wizard of Claws a letter stating cause of death from attending Vet. Along with a copy of the autopsy report and/or tissue studies conducted to determine the cause of death.

7. In the event of death to the puppy, due to dehydration, starvation, malnutrition, or any other conditions related to the fragile nature of the puppy, Buyer agrees that no refund of purchase price or exchange of puppy will be forthcoming. Additionally, Buyer agrees to hold us harmless for such. You should have the following in your home at all times in case of an emergency.

1) Pedialyte ( clear) 2) Nutrical 3) Chicken or Turkey and Rice Baby Food 4) Syringe 12 cc 5) Karo Syrup

If for any reason your puppy looks lethargic please do the following. a) Give your puppy two tablespoon of Karo Syrup and ten minutes after give 12 cc of baby food. Then 20 minutes later give 12 cc of baby food again. Try to have the puppy drink some water or Pedialyte. Call us immediately. b ) Then continue every 4 hours, (even at night) to feed 24cc of baby food and nutrical after. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO READ

If puppy ever looks lethargic, give 3 teaspoonfuls of honey or maple syrup and call me immediately. 954-885-6600 and 10 minutes after hand feed the puppy with Chicken Baby Food . Call me immediately.

Puppy registration papers will be mailed in about 120 days.

Hypoglycemia

Overview - Hypoglycemia - a (low blood sugar) is a concern in toy breed puppies. Ideally puppies should have 3 to 4 small meals throughout the day in order to maintain a normal sugar level. Stress, playing hard, or not eating for 6 to 12 hours can be enough to induce a hypoglycemia incident.

Signs - Suddenly become lethargic, seem weak, begin shaking or seem cold, or stumble, may be experiencing hypoglycemia. Sometimes puppies with low blood sugar are also depressed, and do not have much appetite.

Treatment -Your pet may be suffering from hypoglycemia, initially treat it by giving it Nutrical, or a half-teaspoon of maple syrup or honey. Then feed 5 minutes after chicken baby food 12 cc that's almost a half a jar. Continue to do this every 4 hours and call us 954-885-6600

Prevention - The best way to handle Hypoglycemia is through prevention. Make sure your pup is not over stimulated. It may be necessary to virtually place food in puppy's mouth to get them to eat.

What if the puppy starts coughing?

Don't panic! Like a common cold, canine cough (dog flu) will run it's course.Robitussin - DM cough suppressant (child dosage) will reduce coughing. (1/4 teaspoonful per 5 pounds, three times daily. Although the coughing is annoying, it usually does not develop into anything more serious. However, if the coughing persists or worsens, you should contact us.If the puppy sounds very congested as well. Like humans, dogs can catch the flue, or a cold, anywhere! Tracheobronchitis is sometimes called:Canine Cough, Kennel Cough, Canine Cold, or the Dog Flu.To many, the term, "kennel cough" means that this disease can only be contacted from a kennel. However, exposure to Kennel cough most often occurs at dog shows, kennels, groomers, or any place there are a number of dogs. Kennel cough is a contagious diseaseaffecting the respiratory system of dogs.It is influenced by various environmental factors and is usually produced by a viral agent.

Congratulations on your new family member from Wizardofclaws. Here are some tips to make the transition from our home to yours.

Your puppy may be nervous (the puppy is no long experience familiar sights and sounds), this unsettling feeling will pass shortly. Nervousness or change of diet may cause diarrhea. If it last longer than two days, place call us.Not eating for the first hours can happen.

Bright red blood in the stool. Generally this is a case of Coccidia. The blood may also be due to a broken blood vessel when a puppy defecates. Whether the blood is due to coccidia or the puppy straining, its advisable to give us a call.

Worms in the puppy's stool. There are many types of worms that you puppy may have.The most common types are:

1. Tapeworms:Look like small grains of rice.
2.Round worms:Looks like a strand of spaghetti

Should you see worms in your puppys stool, don't be alarmed.At the first vet visit the stool should be examined and if worms are present, they will be treated.

Kennel Cough (Tracheal Bronchitis) Symptoms of kennel cough are a dry hacking cough, and shortness of breath. Kennel cough is quite common, almost as common as the human cold.It is caused by a combination of stress and temperature variation. Although the cough many sound threatening, it is treatable.Note:Kennel Cough can remain in the puppy's system any where from five days to several weeks.

Hypoglycemia can occur in small breeds.It is preventable as long as the puppy is fed every 4 to 5 hours. Hypoglycemia occurs when a puppy stresses (shipping, over exertion, missing a meal, or a combination of all three).Should your puppy become hypoglycemic, a quick dose of Nutrical, Karo syrup or honey to bring the blood sugar levels up.You must then feed the puppy (force feed if necessary) and call us immediately.

Alysser
04-26-2006, 07:37 PM
OMG! They won't even show you the pics of some dogs. I think I have a clue why! :mad:

Tralee
04-26-2006, 08:20 PM
There are many websites to stop wizard of claws
http://www.stopwizardofclaws.com/

Tralee
04-26-2006, 08:22 PM
http://www.gentle giantsrescue.com/

They aren't a breeder but i wouldn't call them a rescue.
There is also many websites to stop gentle giants rescue.

Giselle
04-26-2006, 09:11 PM
http://www.gentle giantsrescue.com/

They aren't a breeder but i wouldn't call them a rescue.
There is also many websites to stop gentle giants rescue.
I hope this thread educates people to avoid buying from these websites instead of perpetuating their popularity... :rolleyes:

But at any rate, I have much dirt on GGR, and it was claimed that they bred their dogs to create "unique" mixes to advertise as dogs rescued from puppy mills/irresponsible breeders. Indeed, they are not rescues. GGR is an operation just as filthy and despicable as WOC. I was given information that GGR took the intact Borzois from a very unpopular and unscrupulous breeder who bred solely for color and used those "misfit" dogs as breeding machines. Unforunately, people are not as used to seeing large sighthounds being abused by backyard breeders/puppy millers so they automatically assume GGR is a legitimate rescue. It is not, and I hope prospective adopters reading this thread will rethink their decision.

buttercup132
04-26-2006, 09:22 PM
You should see their Yorkies:rolleyes: