PDA

View Full Version : german shep pic/animation program

wolf_Q
05-01-2002, 03:58 PM
Ok I have this pic of a german shepard from a drawing I did. It was a design for a woodburning of a dog named Ayla. If you'd like to see the original pic (its in regular pencil) let me know. Anyway, I also have the drawing with the mouth almost closed, and I can make the tongue longer/shorter. I think it could make a cool animation. I've had a few animation programs, but they were all trial ones, so I don't have them now. Anyone know of a good animation program that can be downloaded for free that is not a trial, or an animation program that can be bought for not too much? Also if you know how to animate, how do you make it so the background is transparent? Anyway....guess this is a question for any of you graphic people....I know photoshop, but that's about it lol. :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/p5356f723d8d247104035833ab844e49e/fdc49be3.jpg

tatsxxx11
05-01-2002, 07:29 PM
What a great picture!! You did it??!! So many talented artists here! Sorry I can't help you with the animation program. I came across an excellent free one a while back, but can't remember the name! I know others here do know, though! Can't wait to see it when you're done:)

anna_66
05-02-2002, 07:37 AM
Sorry I can't help you Amy, but that is a great picture!

Ann
05-02-2002, 08:06 AM
Great drawing :)

As for your question; I personally use GIFAnimator to animate my stuff, and it's not a trial program and it is quite nice, you can specify how long you want each frame to be and if you want it to loop and so on. I forget where I downloaded it though, so if you want it I'll have to email it to you.

To make an image transparent it must be a GIF for starters (which is alright in this case since animated images must be GIFs anyways). You can make your image transperent in PhotoShop. Just click the little magic wand tool to make it simple and click the white area, then delete it all and you will see little b&w boxes under it, then you just click save for web and save it as a transparent GIF and then you put the frames together in GIFAnimator.

Hope that helped some :) Let me know if you want me to email the program to you and what your email address is! It's not a very big program, so don't worry.

Ann
05-02-2002, 08:16 AM
Ok, attached is the picture you posted with a transparent background. I didn't spend all that much time on it since I got rushed, but it'll give you an idea of how it'll look atleast.

Oh, and for those of you who will look at the picture and be clueless cause you won't see a difference; try putting the image on a black background, you'll see it then ;)

wolf_Q
05-14-2002, 04:43 PM
Thanks Ann! I don't think I ever got an email about your reply here...but I found the post wandering though old posts lol. I'd love it if you could send me that graphic program, it sounds great! My email is [email protected]

Ann
05-15-2002, 03:27 AM
Long time no see@this thread

Glad you found it :D

I'll go send the program right now!