PDA

View Full Version : Cata and dogs

Kitty4life
04-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Which is the better way to get a dog to get used with a new kitten two months old???and will it take a bunch of time??

luvofallhorses
04-25-2006, 11:18 AM
It depends how much time it will take. Just be patient and introduce them slowly to each other.
My dog Buster and my cat Miagi grew up together and they get along..they still play with each other. :) Good luck! :) btw how old is your dog?

Kitty4life
04-26-2006, 07:19 AM
my dog is about 9 but he never had problems with the others cat that i had last year...Now with this kitten the thing is a little bit different, the cat is scared like hell of the dog but the dog is a complete angel and doesn't do anything to the cat.what to do to let the cat know that the dog won't do anything to him??

mruffruff
04-26-2006, 07:38 AM
Is your dog making any advances toward the cat? If he tries to sniff or follow the cat, the cat will be afraid. If the dog is just ignoring the cat, it will just take time for the cat to realize the dog isn't a threat.

Also, the cat may be telling the dog that he is in charge now, by hissing at the dog. If the cat is just running away, let him and don't let the dog follow.

My ex-stray cat, Mac, moved in about 6 months ago and promptly told all three dogs to back off! He wasn't too sure of the dogs, but now rules them all.

Kitty4life
04-26-2006, 01:28 PM
yeah the dog will like to smell the cat but the cat won't let him so he start hissing.

luvofallhorses
04-26-2006, 01:29 PM
yeah the dog will like to smell the cat but the cat won't let him so he start hissing.

I would just give them time to get used to each other. :)

Kitty4life
04-29-2006, 08:17 AM
ok..yeah it seems like they are getting better thanks for everyhting

zoomer
04-29-2006, 12:01 PM
Hold tight onto the dog or puppy and let the cat pass by. Let the cat do it's thing. You will need to do this everytime the cat is around and your dog will get used to him or her...:)