PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Peppur please!

zoomer
04-25-2006, 10:35 AM
Peppur, my 2 year old hamster was doing horrible last night. He was shaking and couldn't move, he felt really skinny like he hadn't eaten, too. Right when I took him out for him to excersize I knew something was wrong with him. I ran upstairs and set him down on the couch. He tried moving but wobbled and shook. I started crying and my mom and dad came in. My sister ran up and helped me with him. My sister and I started hand feeding him apples, lettuce, celery, and corn, and some bits of of his regular food. We put a towel around him because he was shivering. He fell asleep with his head in her hands, we thought for sure he was dead and I layed my head on the couch and cried and cried, but then he started wiggling his nose. Soon my mom forced me to go to bed, my sister stayed up and fed him. I cut up a sock and put the cuts into his bed, taking out his old one, which he poops in! I also put a cloth in his bed to keep him extra warm. I made an extra bed with a cloth in it too. This morning I checked on him, he was still slightly wobbling and having trouble cleaning himself. I put some food in his bowl and he wobbled along up there, stuffing his cheeks. He had some trouble getting up to his house but not too much trouble or else I would've helped him. He seems to be doing better but not that great. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers!

zoomer
04-25-2006, 07:52 PM
My mom took him to the vet today and they have him some water through and I.V., he is doing great now! Looks like he was just dehyderated. Good thing it was nothing bad!

Zippy
04-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Oh that's great news :D .Feel better Peppur. :)

zoomer
04-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Oh that's great news :D .Feel better Peppur. :)

Thank you :) He is doing much better, I am going slow with him. Not taking him out of his cage yet.... maybe tonight or tommorow evening.

Zippy
04-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Please keep us updated.Happy Peppur is feeling better

zoomer
04-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Peppur is doing a lot better, his ears are not flat on his head anymore but he now gets really freaked out by any sounds or quick movements, which, didn't happen before. He doesn't move quite as fast as he used to but he looks just fine!

Zippy
04-30-2006, 07:01 PM
Peppur happy you are feeling better.

lovethatpug
04-30-2006, 07:12 PM
Oh, im so happy peppur is feeling better! :D

Rio&Nickysmommy
04-30-2006, 07:36 PM
Prayer for Peppur.. Its hard when our little ones are sick. Sending get well and stay well prayers.
Rio&Nickysmommy