PDA

View Full Version : Commercial!!!

critter crazy
04-25-2006, 08:45 AM
has anyone else seen this??? i was sitting here watching T.V. and saw this crazy commercial. It was for nail caps for cats!! what in the world!! you glue these plastic caps onto the cats nails so they cant scratch furniture or anything!! seems almost as bad as declawing. what happens if the cat gets out with these on???
here is the website i found!

http://www.softclaws.com/

catmandu
04-25-2006, 08:51 AM
They dont show in these commercials the fact that Your Average Cat is not exactly dancing with joy to have things put on his claws.
They should show the Angry Hissing Cats and The Guardians getting the bandages out.

critter crazy
04-25-2006, 08:53 AM
the woman in the commercial says they are very easy to put on!!!! yeah right!!!! i have a hard enough time just getting advatage flea stuff on my cats!! cant imagine trying to put something over her nails!! she would try to eat me!!!!! :eek:

lvpets2002
04-25-2006, 09:43 AM
:) Yup have seen those on TV & in magazines && dont believe in them.. I do not under no condition ever alter my babies abilities with any of their body parts ( no declawing - no toenail pads - & ect.) the only thing I do beleive in is Spaying & Neutering.. If you are going to have pets {cat or dog} in doors then deal with furniture & or what ever in a manner that does not hurt or discomfort your babies.. :eek: WOW I will get off my soap box now :o ..

critter crazy
04-25-2006, 09:51 AM
:) Yup have seen those on TV & in magazines && dont believe in them.. I do not under no condition ever alter my babies abilities with any of their body parts ( no declawing - no toenail pads - & ect.) the only thing I do beleive in is Spaying & Neutering.. If you are going to have pets {cat or dog} in doors then deal with furniture & or what ever in a manner that does not hurt or discomfort your babies.. :eek: WOW I will get off my soap box now :o ..

I completely agree!! if you are so worried about you realy nice furniture, well you shouldnt have cats or dogs!! i could care less if my cat scratches stuff. i can get new stuff. I had found a cat across the street from my house(I live in the boonies, and across the street is nothing but woods and field!) anyways, i found this big orange tiger cat, he was meowing and looked pretty thin, and had some fur loss. so i picked him up and brought him inside. I was checking him over nad found out he had no claws!! i couldnt believe it here was this poor cat running around outside and he had no claws!! poor baby!! so I kept him inside and took care of him , until the day he passed on(vet seems to think he was in his late teens) but what if i had not found him??? cats and dogs should only be altered as far as spaying an neutering!! they should not be declawed, de-barked or anything else.

BitsyNaceyDog
04-25-2006, 10:07 AM
I've never used them, but there are several other threads here that discuss them. I know a lot of people have had good luck with them.