PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have this problem?

caseysmom
04-24-2006, 08:44 PM
This is really gross, there are 3 women in the house, me and my two daughters. Bubba goes through the trash to find personal items, I am afraid he will harm himself. Remember the trajedy that happened to sevens dog...I miss her by the way...

Anyhow guess I better go get some garbage cans with lids?

Kfamr
04-24-2006, 08:46 PM
I know Amy has a problem with Sydney getting into the bathroom trash, so they put it up a lot of times.

Maybe you can keep the bathroom trash under the sink cabinet?

Thank gosh I don't have that problem. :eek: Good luck.

buttercup132
04-24-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm confused:confused:

I think I might know what you guys are talking about but I'm not sure I dont want to look like freak for thinking the wrong thing

Roxyluvsme13
04-24-2006, 08:51 PM
YES. Lily does the same thing, and she tears it all up...:rolleyes: What happened to seven's dog..?

.sarah
04-24-2006, 08:51 PM
I'm confused:confused:

I think I might know what you guys are talking about but I'm not sure I dont want to look like freak for thinking the wrong thingUsed tampons ...

Mandy used to be bad about that, but she doesn't do it anymore. We'd just sit the trash cans up higher.

Karen
04-24-2006, 08:52 PM
This is really gross, there are 3 women in the house, me and my two daughters. Bubba goes through the trash to find personal items, I am afraid he will harm himself. Remember the trajedy that happened to sevens dog...I miss her by the way...

Anyhow guess I better go get some garbage cans with lids?

Garbage can with a lid might not be sufficient if he's really persistent, but it's better than nothing. I agree - shutting the bathroom trashcan in a cabinet is a better idea.

buttercup132
04-24-2006, 08:52 PM
Ok thats what I was thinking
I'm interested to know what happened to seven's dogs too?:confused:

Alysser
04-24-2006, 08:53 PM
EW! Sorry, it's just really gross. Um, maybe keeping them out of reach or get lids? Sorry, I have no clue. I have never had problem.

luvofallhorses
04-24-2006, 09:01 PM
Buster does that.. :rolleyes:

sammy101
04-24-2006, 09:07 PM
Lucy used to have that problem,but she doesnt do it anymore.We make sure the bathroom doors are closed.

caseysmom
04-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Sorry I just got back to this, thanks for the ideas. Sevens dog ate a pad or tampon I can't remember, after about $3,000 worth of surgeory he still died. It was devastating and heartbreaking for her.

pnance
04-25-2006, 12:31 AM
My RB terrier Sandy did this, I solved it either by leaving the trash under the sink or keeping the bathroom door closed so he couldn't get in. Nikka will do it periodically, since I can't predict when I just keep the bathroom door closed.

BitsyNaceyDog
04-25-2006, 07:52 AM
Growing up I had a had a yorkie and he used to do that too. We usually put the garbage on the corner of the countertop to keep him out of it.

Now I have 2 bathrooms. The bathroom off my bedroom I keep the door closed to so the dogs can't get in. The other bathroom I don't use too often, the door stays open, but I just make sure I don't put anything in the garbage that the dogs may have interest in. Doing that I've never had a problem. I don't even know if the dogs would get into it.

Roxyluvsme13
04-25-2006, 08:37 AM
Sorry I just got back to this, thanks for the ideas. Sevens dog ate a pad or tampon I can't remember, after about $3,000 worth of surgeory he still died. It was devastating and heartbreaking for her.
That's so sad..:(. I just started throwing away the stuff in a different trashcan, since that's the only thing Lily bothers in the trash.

zoomer
04-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Yuck!!! My dogs don't have that problem and boy do I hope they never will :o

Pembroke_Corgi
04-25-2006, 05:22 PM
My dogs have never done this but I usually keep the bathroom door closed which solves any potential problem. Gosh I can't believe a dog died from that, that is so sad. :( Better keep your trash up!

caseysmom
04-25-2006, 05:24 PM
There are friends coming and going in our house, since bubba is very short and only 12 pounds I will try the kind of trash that the lid pops up, I will also make it a rule to keep the bathroom door shut.

BC_MoM
04-25-2006, 05:25 PM
Mickey ate one once... :o and puked it up a couple hours later. It was quite gross! Luckily he doesn't get into the garbage anymore, after being scolded enough.

And Molly doesn't eat things when she finds garbage of any sort, she just shreads it! :p

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 07:54 PM
I dont have that problem but,My dogs tend to steal all underwear in the house lol

Suki Wingy
04-25-2006, 08:13 PM
Luckily he only eats the kitchen trash! He knows what's edible and what's not. Maybe you can get one of those where you have to step on the pedal if he is too short to press it and get in the can.