PDA

View Full Version : As a parent... your opinion? *5 pics*

Kfamr
04-24-2006, 02:57 PM
For those parents out there if you were to ask someone to take pictures of your child (who wants to model) what would your opinion on these be?
None of these were posed by me. Meagan, my co-worker's little girl, wants to model - her mother wanted me to take some pictures of her to possibly show companies and such. As a parent, would you like these shots?

I personally -LOVE- them, however, she's not my child and I'm unsure of how she wanted her portrayed. These are only a few from our "shoot." I also included one of Truman, her brother, in my pool.

http://petevents.com/~simba/meagan1.jpg

http://petevents.com/~simba/meagan2.jpg

http://petevents.com/~simba/meagan3.jpg

http://petevents.com/~simba/meagan4.jpg

http://petevents.com/~simba/meagan5.jpg

*edit*
At first I really hated them, then loved them, now I'm not sure. LOL.. I need to make up my mind!
These aren't final, as we'll certainly be doing more shoots (they come over almost ever other day.)

caseysmom
04-24-2006, 03:05 PM
I love them! I swear you need to get into photography.

Husky_mom
04-24-2006, 03:08 PM
i too dont know what mom has on mind, but i personally think they are really good, they say kids and pets are the toughest to photoshoot and, well, neddless to say........you excel in pet shoots............in this case its about the subject maybe get more shoots so they get used to it and find their better angles, but this ones are really nice for fisrt try, way to go Kay!!

Muddy4paws
04-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Shes very pretty, Have you tried phoning an agency or looking online for what they look out for? I think her with one of your pups would be a nice shot for a photo.

lizbud
04-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Cute pictures. Do you really think a child that age knows what she
wants to be in her life? Just curious. ;)

Pam
04-24-2006, 05:03 PM

My thoughts too Liz. I worked with a gal who tried desperately to get her boys into modeling when they were toddlers. She took numerous treks to NYC and the boys were about the age of this little girl and seemed oblivious to the whole thing. It really was all about what the mom wanted. I like most of them Kay. The first one is my least favorite. She looks way too sad. I don't care for a lot of the ways kids are portrayed in ads these days. Too often they look angry or *with an attitude.* I guess it sells clothes or whatever. :rolleyes: I prefer the carefree look when it comes to photographing children. Their childhoods are too short as it is.

Kfamr
04-24-2006, 05:22 PM

Nope! Why she may not know what she wants to do long-term, she surely knows what she's doing when I take her pictures. She is a very smart little girl and is a big camera ham. She really enjoys being infront of the camera.

pam, she looks so "angry" because the sun was in her eyes.

critter crazy
04-24-2006, 05:26 PM
I realy like the third one with all of the flowers!!! but they are all good! :D :cool:

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-25-2006, 04:04 AM
To be honest, that first pic is my favorite!! I love that look in her eyes!

These are great pics, Kay!

ramanth
04-25-2006, 08:06 AM
I think the 3rd one would be an excellent one to show talent agents if I were a parent. :)

Anita Cholaine
04-25-2006, 08:27 AM
They are all really good, but my favourites are the first one and third one... She looks so cute and innocent in them, although she looks kind of angry in the first one...
Nice photographs!!:)

JenBKR
04-25-2006, 09:01 AM
I like most of them Kay. The first one is my least favorite. She looks way too sad. I don't care for a lot of the ways kids are portrayed in ads these days. Too often they look angry or *with an attitude.* I guess it sells clothes or whatever. :rolleyes: I prefer the carefree look when it comes to photographing children. Their childhoods are too short as it is.

I totally agree, kids portrayed in ads are made to look like they have attitudes - and part of the problem is that they are being made to look too much like adults, which some sickos like too much (sorry, I volunteer at a domestic abuse/sexual assualt center so this topic gets me a bit fired up).

I do think that you did a good job, and I always think your pictures come out so beautifully.

Cataholic
04-25-2006, 09:01 AM
Kay, your photos are beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. You are gifted.

But, I must echo Pam and Liz's comments. I have serious issues (what's new, eh?) with children/teenagers (esp. females) modelling. Of all the strengths we have as a people, beauty shouldn't be the one that is the one we focus on. :(

cyber-sibes
04-25-2006, 10:52 AM
oNe thing they look for is the ability to project "attitude" - I love that first one!

I showed pics of my two to a "talent scout" years ago, and the shots they liked were the ones of my older son scowling & pouting! Two of my friend's daughers have been in fashion ads for a large deptartment store- and again, they want someone who can project attitude and personality. "Cute" isn't always the top thing they look for.

Good luck, Kay, maybe this is the start of your professional career? you really are a talented photographer!