PDA

View Full Version : Eight below

Pawsitive Thinking
04-24-2006, 09:17 AM
anyone seen this/going to see it?

http://www.disney.co.uk/DisneyMovies/eightbelow/

finn's mom
04-24-2006, 09:18 AM
I saw it. There is a thread or two already on it...I think one in Dog General. And, I know it was mentioned in the movie thread...great movie, though. Did you see it?

Pawsitive Thinking
04-24-2006, 09:27 AM
Haven't yet. How many boxes of tissues will I need? :(

finn's mom
04-24-2006, 09:43 AM
Haven't yet. How many boxes of tissues will I need? :(

There are sad parts, of course. Any tale of survival will have those. But, I think overall I cried tears of relief and joy, I cry at beautiful things. ;) But, I'd take some tissue, one box should do.

slick
04-24-2006, 02:19 PM
But, I'd take some tissue, one box should do.
Oh dear, if it's one box for you it will most definitely be two boxes for me. I'm still planning on see it at some point.

RedHedd
04-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Oh dear, if it's one box for you it will most definitely be two boxes for me. I'm still planning on see it at some point. Me too. Is it out on DVD yet?

cyber-sibes
04-25-2006, 11:26 AM
:( i am so upset - I missed it locally, and now I'll have to wait till it's out on DVD. it showed here during the month I worked my tail off on my thesis and worked nights at work, and now it's gone. I hope it comes out soon, and I plan to have at least one box of tissues handy.

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-25-2006, 12:10 PM
I wonder if that movie is out in Belgium already?? I would LOVE to see it!! He he, one of the dogs' names is MAYA :) :)

cyber-sibes
05-01-2006, 06:19 AM
Yay! Had lunch with friends in Toledo yesterday, they said it's still playing at the dollar theater - going to see it Wednesday!

finn's mom
05-01-2006, 08:14 AM
Oh dear, if it's one box for you it will most definitely be two boxes for me. I'm still planning on see it at some point.

hahaha, you don't know me that well. ;) i'm a huge crybaby. i cry at hallmark commercials. you'll have to let us know what you think of the film when you do see it, though.

Laura's Babies
05-01-2006, 08:26 AM
I am waiting for the DVD... I just can't do the theaters, those screens are to big for my tired, wore out ole eyes.

dab_20
05-01-2006, 08:27 AM
I thought it was a really great movie!! I did cry a little bit. I saw it in February sometime. I'm sure you'll really enjoy it. :)

Mad Mags Moo
05-01-2006, 03:41 PM
Want to see that but got no one to go with!!!! :(

cyber-sibes
05-04-2006, 07:34 AM
finally saw it last night. Man, I love huskies! I liked it, it didn't seem like a "Disney movie" at all. I didn't use nearly as many kleenex as I thought , it's not that sad, just realistic. But I sure am glad the ending was happy and not totally tragic. Nonetheless, it is a much happier outcome than the actual incident it is based on.

anna_66
05-04-2006, 10:28 AM
I didn't use nearly as many kleenex as I thought , it's not that sad, just realistic.
Oh Pat, I cried like a baby! Doesn't matter to me if it's realistic or just sad...but then again I cried when I watched King Kong the other day:rolleyes::o

BC_MoM
05-04-2006, 11:55 AM
I think I cried throughout the entire movie! It was horrible! (The crying thing.. not the movie)

I think the movie was excellent, but I still would have liked to have seen a different company produce it, so that the story could have been closer to real.