PDA

View Full Version : New Puppy and Cat has given Birth to 2 kittens

Lori Jordan
04-23-2006, 10:02 AM
We went and got our puppy last night he is a Male we named him Storm aka Stormin Norman,and our Cat has given birth too 2 kittens i think there might be 1 more not sure will keep you posted!!!It's so exciting all these babies!!

k9krazee
04-23-2006, 10:29 AM
Congrats on your puppy, can't wait to see pictures. I really hope your going to get momma kitty spayed once the babies are weaned... :(

buttercup132
04-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Your cat was bred and you didnt even know about it...:rolleyes:

Congrads on your puppy post pictures soon

Lori Jordan
04-23-2006, 10:48 AM
I knew she was pregnant,just did not know when she would be giving birth,she is an outside cat and got out one time and here we are with babies!!!

BC_MoM
04-23-2006, 11:12 AM
I'm quite sick of everyone on this board judging people when they bring up the "b" word. You guys aren't going to change the world.. the rolly eyes were not called for, Alicia.

Congrats on Stormy! :D Can't wait for pics. What breed is he again?

Good luck finding great homes for those kittens! I'm sure you'll find them good ones. Can't wait for pictures of them, either. ;)

Kfamr
04-23-2006, 11:25 AM
Please get your kitty fixed.. for her health. Especially if she's an "outside cat."

Good luck with your new puppy and the kittens. Stormin Norman is an adorable name!

You guys aren't going to change the world..

That's quite a negative statement.
:rolleyes:

BC_MoM
04-23-2006, 11:58 AM
That's quite a negative statement.

:rolleyes: :p

Kfamr
04-23-2006, 12:02 PM
:rolleyes: :p

Okay, and the point of that was.....? :confused:

I am being serious. It is quite a negative statement to say that they aren't going to change the world. ANYONE can make a change in this world, anyone at all, including those of us who strive and strive to educate people on the effects their breeding has on today's shelter animals.

You may be "quite sick" of us "judging" people, but our hearts are open and fighting for the animals.

BC_MoM
04-23-2006, 12:04 PM
Okay, and the point of that was.....? :confused:

I am being serious. It is quite a negative statement to say that they aren't going to change the world. ANYONE can make a change in this world, anyone at all, including those of us who strive and strive to educate people on the effects their breeding has on today's shelter animals.

Think logically. We can hope we can change it, but to change the WHOLE world is not logical.

Maybe it's negative, but it's MY opinion and I can freely express it, Kay.

Kfamr
04-23-2006, 12:06 PM
Think logically. We can hope we can change it, but to change the WHOLE world is not logical.

I am thinking logically, 100%, thank you dear. To tell someone they cannot change the world is a lot different than saying they cannot change the WHOLE world. No one person can change the whole world, but one person CAN make change in the world.

No one at all said you cannot express your opinion, so I am unsure of where you pulled that out of.

Lori Jordan
04-23-2006, 12:24 PM
I am not not going to feel bad for my cat having Kittens im sorry,Im excited about it ,These kittens will find loving homes neighbors have come too see them and im not worried of them not having homes,and my other cat os pregnant too,and same goes for her.They are both indoor cats that got out big deal!I feel the same way about all these animals without homes,but im not going to stick myself in a corner because of it it happens....They are beautiful little kittens im not going to say that they do not belong in this world.

Kfamr
04-23-2006, 12:26 PM
I am not not going to feel bad for my cat having Kittens im sorry,Im excited about it ,These kittens will find loving homes neighbors have come too see them and im not worried of them not having homes,and my other cat os pregnant too,and same goes for her.They are both indoor cats that got out big deal!I feel the same way about all these animals without homes,but im not going to stick myself in a corner because of it it happens....They are beautiful little kittens im not going to say that they do not belong in this world.

Lori, I'm sorry if you've misunderstood me.

No one's telling you NOT to be excited or that the kittens don't belong in this world.

However, for the safety and health of the parents and the kittens, it is best that they are all fixed. There are many, many health benefits to having kitties fixed, just like dogs!

Lori Jordan
04-23-2006, 12:30 PM
And they will be fixed,if they were male cats they would of been in earlier,but with the females i had more time....and i do agree with all animals lacking homes...I just am glad i get to spend time with beautiful creatures!

Kfamr
04-23-2006, 12:33 PM
That's great they'll be fixed!

Now, I'm a sucker for kittens, so when you get your camera back you'll certainly have to share pictures over in Cat General!

Lori Jordan
04-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Id take some pics no but the 2nd one born is really weak and needs mommy!!!to nurse him back to health....ill get some pics after there eyes are open...not sure when i will have my camera back!

buttercup132
04-23-2006, 01:22 PM
Id take some pics no but the 2nd one born is really weak and needs mommy!!!to nurse him back to health....ill get some pics after there eyes are open...not sure when i will have my camera back!Lol you have so many pets maybe you should become a vet so you can fix them all:D :p
You best be getting your camera out now lol. I'm glad your girly is getting spayed. Are you keeping the or any babies?

luvofallhorses
04-23-2006, 01:40 PM
Congrats on your puppy, can't wait to see pictures. I really hope your going to get momma kitty spayed once the babies are weaned... :(

ditto. and get the babies fixed as well.

moosmom
04-23-2006, 01:40 PM
I'm quite sick of everyone on this board judging people when they bring up the "b" word. You guys aren't going to change the world.. the rolly eyes were not called for, Alicia.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just like Alicia. I'm not judging anyone here, believe me. But alot of people on PT feel very strongly about spaying/neutering. I'm glad that Lori is going to have the mama fixed once the kittens are weaned. Her cat getting out was an accident, hopefully not to be repeated.

Now, onto the good stuff...

PICTURES PLEASE!!! :p ;)

Lori Jordan
04-24-2006, 07:59 AM
ditto. and get the babies fixed as well.

That is rude dont be jumpy with me,dont know how people can make a precious little creature into something so bad....

cloverfdx
04-24-2006, 08:24 AM
Quite easily when there are 1000s of "precious babies" being killed everyday, because of oops litters :mad:.

Lori Jordan
04-24-2006, 08:49 AM
Ya know that is fine the way you feel,but in a time like this when precious babies are born it should not be turned into this,expecially when the 2 kittens that are born are already spoken for in there day of life.I'm so sick of when people have news like this that it gets turned into something bad!I am not going to feel bad of this...all the animals you have owned where have they came from?DId you treat the breeder like this?give them the second degree?Dont give it to me i dont deserve it i have done nothing wrong!

Muddy4paws
04-24-2006, 09:15 AM
I cant wait to see photos of all of them.. :)

Personally I think its better off to stay away from the breeding topic because no matter what you will always have people aiming at you with their opinons and to be honest yes we know about the litters and animals in shelters so many people here have helped out with adopting and fostering and I know my next dog is more than likely going to be a adopted one but I seriously dont think we need it in every new animal thread because it takes away the actually subject of the thread and turns into the same debate about breeding ..

Lori has taken time to make sure these kitten have safe homes and I'm sure shes looking out for them 24/7 and giving them all the correct care they need so why not give her a break? I'm sure Lori will decide whats best for her animals and mistakes DO happen and I'm sure if the cat was done before that none of this would of happened but everything has turned out ok and they all have home so why dont we just leave the breeding subject?

Anyway Lori.. I cant wait to see photos :)

Lori Jordan
04-24-2006, 09:29 AM
That is just the thing,i have had no sleep nursing the one kitten the baby is lnot latching on to mom,so i am up all hours trying to nurse this baby back to health then get replys like that it make me wanna scream,if i didnt care about these babies id let them die!! But im the one lacking sleep trying to get this baby stronger!

.sarah
04-24-2006, 08:34 PM
They are both indoor cats that got out big deal!
You're right, it is a big deal. A huge deal, actually.

I am glad that you are taking such good care of these babies, I really am, but that is not the issue here. There are millions of shelter animals dying and you have just let your cats breed. As a person very involved in rescue and taking care of cats from "oops" litters every day, this really upsets me. Good for you for having homes lined up for the cats, but did you ever stop to think that these are families that could have adopted from a shelter and saved lives?

And in addition to taking away homes from rescue animals, you have also put stress on your girls by letting them have litters. Please spay and neuter all of your animals.

luvofallhorses
04-24-2006, 08:43 PM
That is rude dont be jumpy with me,dont know how people can make a precious little creature into something so bad....

I wasn't being jumpy!! :rolleyes: I said it nicely, there's no reason to say that I was being jumpy..

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 08:42 AM
Ok now im being told that im taking homes away! That is really pathetic on your part...How do you think your cats and dogs are born?Do we need to go back to kindergarden and be taught that if you cant say anything nice not to say anything at all? Seriously all the comments i have gotten have all been cutting me down!But that is normal around here it really is everytime there is good news like this it gets squashed in a seconds time So what should i do just throw the kitten away?Sounds like it from all you.It shouldnt be here right?Dont ever say to me that im taking homes away the people that get kittens obviously have no intentions on going to a shelter cause if they did they would rather go get an animal from there then from me right?
What about all the dogs here that have come from breeders?Should i give you the second degree.Storm came from a Breeder should it take him back now?What do you think i should do you have all the answers for it all.Any news i have now will not be shared i have had it! People need to grow up!

zoomer
04-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Sorry about the negative comments you got Lori, but really, no one was trying to be rude to you. What we mean is that there are plenty of little adorable kittens in the shelter that need a home, at least 5000 being put to sleep in shelters every single second. It is sad how your cat just went outside and got pregnant, you know? It is a good idea to spay her right after the kittens are weaned and found homes, that way she doesn't go out and get pregnant again. What if the father was some rabie infected, wild cat or something? What if that passed onto the kittens or even the mother? That wouldn't be so great would it? What if next time your cat needs a C-section? Would you be able to pay $500 for that? That's why it is a really good idea to get her spayed.

Congrats on your new puppy! He sounds like an adorable lil' baby! Love the name too! Can't wait for those pictures :D :D

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 02:26 PM
It really has no concern to any of them if i was abusing these animals or mistreating them in anyway then sure step in and yes i know what can happen i was breeding dogs and kittens longer than most in here have been alive i do not need to be told :rolleyes:

Cataholic
04-25-2006, 02:42 PM
If you read the posts carefully, as I like to do as you see people trip themselves up all the time, she said two startling things: fFirst, that the cat(s) were OUTSIDE cat(s)...so- unaltered outside cats. Great. Second, that her OTHER cat is pregnant, too. WOW. Double WOW. And, I guess I would throw in a third thingy- her MALES are unaltered, too. Triple WOW.

I will be the first to judge- you are an irresponsible pet owner. There, I said it. Unintentional breeding= irresponsible. There is a total lack of education on your part. Total.

Go to your local shelter. I can nearly bet my savings that DAILY kittens and puppies are being PTS.

THATis what I am sick to death of. :(

Cataholic
04-25-2006, 02:42 PM
yes i know what can happen i was breeding dogs and kittens longer than most in here have been alive i do not need to be told :rolleyes:

Good grief. Talk about an ignorant statement. :eek:

Kfamr
04-25-2006, 02:48 PM
Hehe, Joh, I shall give you a big hug when we see eachother in May. ;)

i was breeding dogs and kittens longer than most in here have been alive i do not need to be told :rolleyes:

I'm sorry... is that something you're supposed to be proud of or makes you superior than those younger than you? Nope!

Roxyluvsme13
04-25-2006, 02:51 PM
Accidents happen.

Can't wait for pics. :)

caseysmom
04-25-2006, 03:01 PM
I agree that this is very irresponsible...both females pregnant and males are not neutered, there is just no excuse sorry.

JenBKR
04-25-2006, 03:13 PM
I'm sorry... is that something you're supposed to be proud of or makes you superior than those younger than you? Nope!

That's exactly right, just because you have bred animals before doesn't necessarily make you a responsible breeder........

Roxyluvsme13
04-25-2006, 03:15 PM
That's exactly right, just because you have bred animals before doesn't necessarily make you a responsible breeder........
Have to agree there. Have your pets you've bred been top quality? Have you bred to better whatever breed? If not then you would be a backyard breeder :(.

caseysmom
04-25-2006, 03:15 PM
I am proud to say I am 45 and have never had a pregnant animal/pet. I am extremely proud of myself for this.

Vela
04-25-2006, 03:16 PM
Accidents happen.

Yes they do, but they don't have to happen and this happened only because of irresponsibility. IMO, if we are going to own pets it is our responsibility to have them fixed unless they are show animals, the breeding stock of responsible breeders, or have a health condition prohibiting being under anesthesia for spaying, etc. Otherwise, it is just irresponsbility nothing more and it saddens me to think of SO many animals each day living in cages at the shelters only to be put to sleep unloved and unhomed, because of irresponsibility. I haven't said anything up to now, have been tempted, but I feel badly none the less that the ideas of many that accidents happen but they CAN be prevented and so many wouldn't have to die. It's not the relatively few animals responsible breeders put out that causes the problems, it's the irresponsible owners who don't do the right thing to insure OOPS litters aren't born. Not picking on you Breanna, just used your statement as a base for what I wanted to say.

Flatcoatluver
04-25-2006, 03:18 PM
wow!!! that so cool you have been breeding longer then I have been alive!!!! WOOOHOO!!!

HAve you even volunteered at a shelter and see all of the kittens being dumped? Have you ever seen a adult cat look up at you in the cage, because their are so may kittens and he doesn't have much of a chance of being adopted? Have you ever just sat and balled your eyes out because you have witnesed beautiful kittens being put to sleep because of opps litter? Have you ever even walked threw a shelter in may?

AND.. your comment to the puppy breeding thing!! T.j came from a responsible breeder and Zoey came from a not responsible breeder. Of corse I was too yuong to understand the breeding concept. ALL OF MY CATS WE HAVE EVERY HAD CAME FROM UNDER A HOUSE OR IN A BOX ON THE SIDE OF A DITCH (another opps litter)!!!! :mad:

My Peanuts
04-25-2006, 03:20 PM

It's those thoughts that prevent the world from being changed. It starts somewhere and if it didn't then you wouldn't be able to vote, African Americans would have their own schools, restaurants, drinking fountains etc. Change starts small, but it does start. I'm sorry you are so pessimistic. I really feel sorry for people like you. I'm not ripping on you, I really feel bad. You must lead a dark life.

Congrats on the puppy and kitties! As others have said good for you foe getting them spayed ASAP. :)

Roxyluvsme13
04-25-2006, 03:25 PM
Yes they do, but they don't have to happen and this happened only because of irresponsibility. IMO, if we are going to own pets it is our responsibility to have them fixed unless they are show animals, the breeding stock of responsible breeders, or have a health condition prohibiting being under anesthesia for spaying, etc. Otherwise, it is just irresponsbility nothing more and it saddens me to think of SO many animals each day living in cages at the shelters only to be put to sleep unloved and unhomed, because of irresponsibility. I haven't said anything up to now, have been tempted, but I feel badly none the less that the ideas of many that accidents happen but they CAN be prevented and so many wouldn't have to die. It's not the relatively few animals responsible breeders put out that causes the problems, it's the irresponsible owners who don't do the right thing to insure OOPS litters aren't born. Not picking on you Breanna, just used your statement as a base for what I wanted to say.
I take back my accidents happen after I read the whole thread again.
Roxy, beautiful, lovable, Roxy was one of those oops litters who ended up at the shelter, and then she was going to be put to sleep that day if we hadn't adopted her. Have you looked at all those beautiful cats sitting in shelters, that you know wont get homes, just because everyone wants a kitten?

My Peanuts
04-25-2006, 03:34 PM
Ok now im being told that im taking homes away! That is really pathetic on your part...How do you think your cats and dogs are born?Do we need to go back to kindergarden and be taught that if you cant say anything nice not to say anything at all?

I'm sorry I commented on this thread before reading the whole thing.

Here's some "kindergarten" math for you. 10 homes want kittens. You "breed" 10 kittens. Your kittens find homes. 10-10=0 ZERO! Zero is the # of kittens adopted from the shelter, which means 10 more get euthanized. :mad:

To be honest I'm glad you have been breeding longer than I've been alive and the younger people see that it's wrong. They can stop the chain that you are a strong link in.

dab_20
04-25-2006, 03:48 PM
I knew she was pregnant,just did not know when she would be giving birth,she is an outside cat and got out one time and here we are with babies!!!

I know your situation, my Oreo is pregnant, too. BUT, people are trying to educate you and you're taking it the wrong way. I also agree with most people on here, I am trying to educate my dad about it so we can get the kittens and Oreo spayed and nuetered. Try and understand where they're coming from, and if you can't? Just respect their opinion, you don't need to be devensive about it. I think enough has been said here and I won't add much more to it. It's your choice to take our advice or not. Good Luck with the mother and kittens.

I'm excited for you and your new dog!! We need pics ;)

Vela
04-25-2006, 03:52 PM
There is a nice little video in the Doghouse that might be of interest. But it only helps if people give a crap. ACCIDENTS ARE PREVENTABLE, and now their deaths are NOT. I'm not going to feel badly for thinking it's wrong. In my opinion it is wrong and completely irresponsible not to spay or neuter your pets. There is no good justification, period. And becuse of it, they suffer and die being unloved and alone! Accidnet don't HAVE to happen, if people would do the right thing for their animals. There are ever free or low cost spaying places, so even not having the money is no excuse at all. Sorry just makes me mad to see those who contribute to the problem not even care.

K9soul
04-25-2006, 03:52 PM
I believe people who go to BYB or run to look at oops puppies and kittens would go to a shelter if there were no oops litters to look for. Now if someone wants to show or do something specific they'd then go to a reputable breeder (hopefully), but that is different. They have a specific thing in mind they want to do with that breed of dog, where-as the people who just adopt an oops puppy or kitten from their neighbor or from a box in front of Wal-Mart, if none of those were available then they might go to the shelter and help save some pups or kittens who otherwise would be PTS.

I'm glad to hear the kitties will be fixed soon, and that the kittens have homes lined up. I do hope the kittens are also fixed so that there aren't anymore oops litters.

Edit: Just watched the video from DH (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=103570) God that is painful. But well done.

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 04:46 PM
There is a nice little video in the Doghouse that might be of interest. But it only helps if people give a crap. ACCIDENTS ARE PREVENTABLE, and now their deaths are NOT. I'm not going to feel badly for thinking it's wrong. In my opinion it is wrong and completely irresponsible not to spay or neuter your pets. There is no good justification, period. And becuse of it, they suffer and die being unloved and alone! Accidnet don't HAVE to happen, if people would do the right thing for their animals. There are ever free or low cost spaying places, so even not having the money is no excuse at all. Sorry just makes me mad to see those who contribute to the problem not even care.
So how were your dogs brought into this world?

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 04:53 PM
Ok i have had it!!!!Keep your reply's to yourself from here on out,You think your right do ya?You think you know it all?You must!I must be the only person in this world that had a batch of kittens...If your so into "shelters" why are most dogs in here purebred?I wonder what the breeders went through when you went to purchase your dogs also wonder how you treated me they say that this is such a great place to be hmm i wonder cause almost everything i have posted i have had my head ripped off so im done with making threads :mad:

dab_20
04-25-2006, 04:56 PM

That isn't the point she was making.

We are not bashing you. If you read your threads, and then other posts, you are the one who is yelling at us. I think you need to go back and reread the posts.

Roxyluvsme13
04-25-2006, 04:57 PM
Ok i have had it!!!!Keep your reply's to yourself from here on out,You think your right do ya?You think you know it all?You must!I must be the only person in this world that had a batch of kittens...If your so into "shelters" why are most dogs in here purebred?I wonder what the breeders went through when you went to purchase your dogs also wonder how you treated me they say that this is such a great place to be hmm i wonder cause almost everything i have posted i have had my head ripped off so im done with making threads :mad:
Don't get mad. We're just trying to help. I got yelled at and got this whole speech on shelter dogs when I decided to get a purebred Pom from a breeder, because Roxy lives on a chain, and because I had just lost Tink. I understand how it feels to be yelled at, but they're just trying to inform. Well, at least *I* am.

Kfamr
04-25-2006, 05:03 PM

NEWS FLASH! You can get pure bred dogs at shelters and breed specific rescues. Not EVERY purebred comes from a breeder. Also, there is a different between you and a responsible breeder, for instance, Luvofgold00! She is a very, very responsible breeder.

Quite possibly a forum isn't the place for you... you seem to have issues with accepting opinions and differing morals.

K9soul
04-25-2006, 05:04 PM
I just wanted to point out that many dogs from shelters are purebred and when people talk about shelters and rescues that includes breed-specific rescues too. My golden retriever is a rescue. Just for clarification. Blowing up at people really doesn't do any good, it just gets yourself so upset that you can't see any sense in what some people may be saying, you shut yourself off to learning or considering different viewpoints. With that said, I wish you the best.

edit: I was posting the same time as Kay was.

Vela
04-25-2006, 05:06 PM

Well if you must know, one was a rescue and one was from a reputable breeder who was trying to better the breed. There is a big difference between that and what happened here. I am as entitled to my opinons as you are to yours. Reputable breeders only do so to better the breed and don't go around just letting their animals breed because they don't bother to get them fixed. If you don't like getting others opinions then don't make posts, if you are going to make them be prepared to get opinons that go along with yours and those who go against yours, since we all have differing ones. There is nothing wrong with responsible breeding, but that is not what you did and you know it. There are kids on here who are not in charge of whether their pets get spayed or not and that's totally diffierent, it's not up to them. But you are an adult who can make that choice and if you aren't going to get them spayed, then it is up to you to be repsonsible enough not tolet them produce any more animals that we are already killing in the thousands each day. Like it or not that's the truth of it.

caseysmom
04-25-2006, 05:09 PM
I have learned a bunch from pettalk and glad all the folks on here educated me. I did rescue casey but bubba I bought from an ad in the paper, from what I have learned here I would not do that again. I searched and searched the local shelters for a small dog and gave up.

We are never too old to learn from others, I have learned a lot from people half my age and I am not too proud to admit that. Sorry we hurt your feelings or you feel attacked.

BC_MoM
04-25-2006, 05:15 PM
I know in some cases it is best to underestimate the best of people, especially in situations like these.

But what's wrong with having faith every one in a while that people will do the right thing?

I'm sure Lori will appropriately place the kittens. How about having faith in a fellow PTer?

caseysmom
04-25-2006, 05:16 PM
BCmom I don't think that is the issue, those homes could place some kittens doomed for death in the shelters.

Roxyluvsme13
04-25-2006, 05:17 PM
BCmom I don't think that is the issue, those homes could place some kittens doomed for death in the shelters.
But if these kittens wouldn't have had homes they would have ended up in shelters, too, most likely, and would, like other kittens, be doomed for death.

BC_MoM
04-25-2006, 05:20 PM

You're not understanding what I'm saying.

I'm sure Lori will appropriately place the kittens.

Reread that again. I didn't say she's going to give them to the first home that asks for a kitten just like that.. :rolleyes:

.sarah
04-25-2006, 05:22 PM
I have four dogs, three are purebred. Can you tell which one is a rescue? Bet you can't. I volunteer frequently and work for my humane society. We have 13 dogs right now, 7 are purebred. There are also lots of purebred dogs at our shelter.

Please quit playing the guilt card. Some of us have made mistakes, but we have learned and we are trying to educate people so they won't do the same. This thread has stayed informative if you exclude your own defensive, finger-pointing posts. We are not bashing you, we are trying to help you. Please calm down and really read these posts. What's done is done, your cats will be/have given birth and we can't change that. What we are trying to change is you ever having any more "oops" litters. If you want to go about breeding responsibly, then I and most other Pet Talkers will most certainly support you, but if you are not willing to spend thousands of dollars to show you have a top-notch cat/dog, then spay your animals and let them lead healthy lives.

Vela
04-25-2006, 05:24 PM
Don't get me wrong, I am glad the kittens have homes, I am glad she was responsible about that and is hopefully getting her cats fixed. It is often hard not to post in haste when someone starts yelling in their posts and having an uncaring attitude that this could have and should have been avoided and that's it's just fine to let our pets breed without a though to preventing it. I admit I replied in haste in one of my posts but neither of the others was meant to be anatgonistic, but the replies became so and I should have kept my calm. It get such an overwhelming sadness when I see things like that video and realize that they are all dying, and being dumped in the garbage!, just because people won't fix their pets. It's different if someone says, oh man I meant to get my cat fixed but she went into heat and got pregnant before I could get to it, and actually feels bad about it, but when it seems like the person is just like yeah whatever, who cares, it's frustrating. And it's a very emotion driven topic for all but when the OP gets antagonitstic it's hard for others not to. I know I didn't feel that way until the OP acted like she knew it all and was smarter than everyone and it was just fine and dandy. I am done posting in this thread, I wish good luck to the moms and babies and hope they don't end up with any more litters.

My Peanuts
04-25-2006, 05:26 PM
I know in some cases it is best to underestimate the best of people, especially in situations like these.

But what's wrong with having faith every one in a while that people will do the right thing?

I'm sure Lori will appropriately place the kittens. How about having faith in a fellow PTer?

I do have faith that she will place them. That part isn't the problem. The problem is bringing more animals into an already crowded world.

I am not against breeders. Good reputable breeders, that is, that breed ONLY to better the breed that they love.

BTW, Harley is most likely a purebred JRT and he came from a shelter.

Riptide
04-25-2006, 05:32 PM
Aww, congrats Lori! Can't wait to see pictures! :D

I'm gonna voice my opinion, too, but I'll try not to start anything, lol.

As said before, accidents do indeed happen. True, it may have been a better choice to get the cats spayed earlier on, but the fact is that they werent this time. -shrugs- The cats got out, and the pregancies were by accident. Guys, chances are that most of you have had an experience with a pet getting out of the gate, etc, by pure accident. Take Glacier and her dog, Delta, for example. Delta was missing, it was a huge deal, because she loves Delta. Did PT not support Glacier and Delta through their troubles? It is no different here. Please stop attacking Lori for an accident. Instead, we should be supporting her and offering our advice and knowledge (in a KIND way) so she can successfully raise the wonderful kittens, and hopefully prevent an accident like this from happening again ^^

You have my support all the way ^^

Roxyluvsme13
04-25-2006, 05:33 PM

As said before, accidents do indeed happen. True, it may have been a better choice to get the cats spayed earlier on, but the fact is that they werent this time. -shrugs- The cats got out, and the pregancies were by accident. Guys, chances are that most of you have had an experience with a pet getting out of the gate, etc, by pure accident. Take Glacier and her dog, Delta, for example. Delta was missing, it was a huge deal, because she loves Delta. Did PT not support Glacier and Delta through their troubles? It is no different here. Please stop attacking Lori for an accident. Instead, we should be supporting her and offering our advice and knowledge (in a KIND way) so she can successfully raise the wonderful kittens, and hopefully prevent an accident like this from happening again ^^

I agree with you 110% :).

Flatcoatluver
04-25-2006, 05:36 PM
In another forum I belong to somebody told be that 1 out of 4 dogs in a shelter are purebred. I just love all of the opps purebred litters we get every year too!!!

K9soul
04-25-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm tired of seeing Glacier/Tamara brought up in these controversial threads as an example when one has nothing to do with the other. It seems to happen constantly and it's always Glacier brought into these things, why? :confused: I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think it is rude. She has had nothing to do with this thread and shouldn't be mentioned and made into an analogy.

Riptide
04-25-2006, 05:38 PM
I was using her as an example simply because her and Delta's situation relates to this one pretty well. The whole getting out thing, I mean.

caseysmom
04-25-2006, 05:39 PM
I agree k9soul and I almost posted the same response.

Vela
04-25-2006, 05:39 PM
UGH I didn't want to post but Glacier and Delta were compeltely different and that didn't cause more unnecessary animals brought into the world so comparing the two is totally different and I see no reason to have brought that up at all. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. She has stated she doesn't want advice and knowledge, since she's been breeding longer than most of us have been alive...some people don't want advice or information if it doesn't go along with what they want to hear.

Riptide
04-25-2006, 05:40 PM
Did you not read my reply? I was relating them only to the fact that Delta got out by accident, and PT supported them. I was not trying to be rude in any way, and I certainly wasnt saying that they brought "unwanted" animals into the world :confused:

And the reason Lori doesnt want to hear it is that so many people have just started attacking her for something that is out of her control right now.

My Peanuts
04-25-2006, 05:42 PM

This is well said, but I see this as a pet lover and animal lover board. We say what we say for the love of the animals that don't know any better, but we should. Many of us have our opinions because we have seen and heard stories of the horrific things that happen to animals due to over population.

Yes there are times when an oops litter can happen and can be acceptable in my opinion. For example my dog Jimmy couldn’t get fixed because he had heartworm (he has since been fixed and HW negative) All the other dogs in my house are fixed and no dog has ever jumped our fence. I watched Jimmy to make sure he never got out. After all that if he got out and got a someone pregnant somehow, I’d hope I’d have support here. This didn’t happen, but it could have if I let my guard down even one time. I didn’t.

Flatcoatluver
04-25-2006, 05:42 PM
yes but you should NOT bring Delta in this thread. IT'S two differnent things and two different animals. We arn't mad about her cats gettting out, are we?

My Peanuts
04-25-2006, 05:43 PM
I'm tired of seeing Glacier/Tamara brought up in these controversial threads as an example when one has nothing to do with the other. It seems to happen constantly and it's always Glacier brought into these things, why? :confused: I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think it is rude. She has had nothing to do with this thread and shouldn't be mentioned and made into an analogy.

I agree. Totally different situation.

My Peanuts
04-25-2006, 05:44 PM
And the reason Lori doesnt want to hear it is that so many people have just started attacking her for something that is out of her control right now.

We aren't having a problem with her caring for them. "Out of her control right now" I have a problem with the "right now" part. It was in her control.

Flatcoatluver
04-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Yes there are times when an oops litter can happen and can be acceptable in my opinion. For example my dog Jimmy couldn’t get fixed because he had heartworm (he has since been fixed and HW negative) All the other dogs in my house are fixed and no dog has ever jumped our fence. I watched Jimmy to make sure he never got out. After all that if he got out and got a someone pregnant somehow, I’d hope I’d have support here. This didn’t happen, but it could have if I let my guard down even one time. I didn’t.
you would get the support because you CAN'T neuter Jimmy. She could have spayed her cats but didn't to it in time

Riptide
04-25-2006, 05:47 PM
No, she didnt spay them in time, but you'll have to live with that fact. I still see no reason for being rude to her.

My Peanuts
04-25-2006, 05:49 PM
I'd also like to add that when these topics come up I don't hate the person, I hate the situation.

My Peanuts
04-25-2006, 05:52 PM
No, she didnt spay them in time, but you'll have to live with that fact. I still see no reason for being rude to her.

My comments, as well as probably everyone else, are because of my love for animals. If this happened and she came on here and was upset with herself or with the situation (not the kittens) then I'd support and defend her. This isn't a legitimate "oops litter." Yes it was an accident, but there is no remorse.

K9soul
04-25-2006, 05:55 PM
I don't believe anyone is upset that the cats got out. Many of us have had a cat or dog get out and it's scary but it happens sometimes. What has people upset is that they were not spayed, and seems to feel that if she wants to breed cats and dogs no one should question her on it. When people brought up spaying the cats and kittens, she got upset and defensive, stating she's been breeding cats and dogs longer than many here have been born. That is what triggered a lot of people to become emotional and upset about it.

That's why I felt there is no need to bring Delta into this, it has zero bearing on the argument/conflict that is going on here since it's not about the cats getting out. Plus I am VERY sure Tamara is tired of seeing her name brought in as a comparison, it's been done before in other threads which I know you weren't here then, but I just feel bad to see it happen again.

I guess what it comes down to is she wants to be happy and excited about the kittens and the new lives.. and that is natural but I think people just want her to realize what a serious issue it is too, and when trying to tell her that, she immediately takes it as a personal attack and gets upset. Then others get offended and upset by her responses, and it turns into a vicious cycle.

CagneyDog
04-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Sure, mistakes happen, we're human. However, if you truly are the avid animal lover you make yourself out to be wouldn't you KNOW that spaying and neutering is crucial and very important? (and that your cats shouldnt be outside period, but thats a whole different debate). It isn't about the home you are finding them, or the care you are providing right now. This stuff is all things that are being handled after the slip you made. Bottom line is, a combination of lack of knowledge and ignorance just made you make a very irresponsible choice. Own up to it. Part of being responsible after the fact is admitting you're wrong!

Are you joking? People can change the world whether it be for better or for worst. For example, the terrorist attack on 9/11. That certainly changed the world negativily. A more positive example would be Nelson Mandela and his fight for rights.
I know you're young, but I'd expect a more educated opinion than that :confused:
In away, I'm almost feel bad that you have such a twisted opinion. If everyone had that opinion we would have 0 hope for the generations to come.

Riptide
04-25-2006, 05:58 PM
We can get her to realize how serious this is without getting overly defensive and somewhat rude...

Flatcoatluver
04-25-2006, 05:59 PM
ok I have on more input. MY STORY~
My parents have breeded dogs ever since they first got married (responsibly) As much as we enjoyed having puppies a litter a year. We would spent a lot of money on each litter, we did it responsibly. So I am not just one young girl that has had loads of expeirence with shelter animals but I have also had breeding experiences. I am comparing dog breeding to cat breeding. But we loved animals and seeing all of the unresponsible breeders and shelter animals. Are rb Tera (english setter) was the last girl we breeded. But we had a lot of dogs. We controlled them and cared for them when they came in heat. We had a TALL fence and watched them very carefully.

Vela
04-25-2006, 06:01 PM
Many of us didn't even post until she became exceptionally rude and condescending, if you take a look back.

Alysser
04-25-2006, 06:21 PM
Vela is correct. No one was rude to Lori. We simply voiced our opinions on the topic. Need I remind you? This is a public forum with people. People have different opinions. We are giving her friendly advice and in no way,shape,or form were we "rude" to her. In my experience, when someone has a different opinion from another indivuidaul(sp?) they automatically think that the other person is being rude because they are agianst it. That's exactly what's happening here.

Lori, are you proud of breeding dogs and cats eresponisibly? That's not something people want to hear here. How did our dogs come into the world has nothing to do with this so please don't think it's a good comeback. RESPONSIBLE breeders created some of our dogs. As for the mutts, people rescued them from the shelter because they are an "OOPS" litter. I see no point in being proud of this. Personally, I don't care if you bred animals before I was born because you are creating more and more animals while others die. I will never never ever breed a dog. It's irresponsible unless done properly. I don't see why you are so proud of this.

dogzr#1
04-25-2006, 06:34 PM
Well many people on this board, including myself, are against people having 'oops' litters. We think that all people should get their pet fixed to prevent having 'oops' litters and we support shelters for that very reason. Just think- Because you failed to get your cat spayed two kittens were brought into this world. That means two kittens in a shelter are going to be put to sleep. I don't 'hate' people who breed any animal, but it takes great experience, money, and the animal has to have many tests done to show that it is a prime example of the breed. Just because you bred dogs for many years doesn't mean that you know how to do it correctly. What if when you were breeding, you did it irresponsibly and you thought it was correct when it really wasn't? Well, I just have to say that although the cat was irresponsibly bred, I wish you luck in raising the kittens. ~~~Just my opinion.

Also, most of the arguments on here come about because two sides with different opinions try to defend their opinion, thinking that it is right.

Flatcoatluver
04-25-2006, 06:39 PM
I hope you have tooken the kittens to the vet to make sure they don't have feline luekima(sp) and other problems, since you don't even know what the father is.

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 06:59 PM
NEWS FLASH! You can get pure bred dogs at shelters and breed specific rescues. Not EVERY purebred comes from a breeder. Also, there is a different between you and a responsible breeder, for instance, Luvofgold00! She is a very, very responsible breeder.

Quite possibly a forum isn't the place for you... you seem to have issues with accepting opinions and differing morals.

I dont breed cats!News Flash!

Alysser
04-25-2006, 07:01 PM
She wasn't talking about cats. She was talking about dogs, as before you said "I have been breeding cats and dogs since before you were born."

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 07:18 PM
Don't get me wrong, I am glad the kittens have homes, I am glad she was responsible about that and is hopefully getting her cats fixed. It is often hard not to post in haste when someone starts yelling in their posts and having an uncaring attitude that this could have and should have been avoided and that's it's just fine to let our pets breed without a though to preventing it. I admit I replied in haste in one of my posts but neither of the others was meant to be anatgonistic, but the replies became so and I should have kept my calm. It get such an overwhelming sadness when I see things like that video and realize that they are all dying, and being dumped in the garbage!, just because people won't fix their pets. It's different if someone says, oh man I meant to get my cat fixed but she went into heat and got pregnant before I could get to it, and actually feels bad about it, but when it seems like the person is just like yeah whatever, who cares, it's frustrating. And it's a very emotion driven topic for all but when the OP gets antagonitstic it's hard for others not to. I know I didn't feel that way until the OP acted like she knew it all and was smarter than everyone and it was just fine and dandy. I am done posting in this thread, I wish good luck to the moms and babies and hope they don't end up with any more litters.

Not once did i act like a know it all not once i have kittens bottom line and as too taking homes away from others have you looked at a local paper?and have seen all the ads of "Free Kittens".Does that mean that those kittens dont deserve homes?not at all one thing that needs to be put on the table is these kittens are not to blame on why they came into this world and there is one left the other passed away last night i took him into the vets his foot was swollen and purple from Cally biting the kitten and he passed on the table i do not have a dont care attitude at all.If i didnt care id just leave the kitten to die,also the kitten did not latch on he was having problems so i went into the vets got the suplement to feed it i was the one that got no sleep trying to get this kitten back to have strength to survive but no one sees that yes i know she should have been fixed i realize that but there has been hardly any support now if you were on my end you would feel the same way,and i know you's would.It hurts what hurts the most is being told its all my fault,its my fault she chewed a hole in the screen and got out :rolleyes: .What has botherd me the most some people want shelter pets some dont and you and i cannot help that,but it does not mean that the kitten who is surving does not deserve a home and too be loved id have every single animal in a shelter if i could,Some of you forget i fosterd dogs for a couple years until my health got into the way of things,I do care and i do not to be put out as heartless i'm far from that!

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/JamieLori/Picture007.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/JamieLori/Picture006.jpg

Kfamr
04-25-2006, 07:20 PM
DO NOT - I REPEAT- DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT bring Tamara OR Delta into this conversation. That is uncalled for and Tamara has been brought into TOO many freaking threads like this where her story doesn't even come CLOSE to the irresponsible actions that have happened here.

DO NOT.

Tamara has been hurt far too many times while being brought up in threads like this and I for one do not appreciate it and I know she doesn't either. She is far too responsible in the care of her animals to even begin having any relation to this thread. I for one hope she misses this thread by chance as I don't like seeing her hurt.

Kfamr
04-25-2006, 07:20 PM

Stop contradicting yourself lady.

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 07:24 PM
yes but you should NOT bring Delta in this thread. IT'S two differnent things and two different animals. We arn't mad about her cats gettting out, are we?
Why do u need other peoples opinions and guidance to be mad at something this is just the thing its like a train one person gets upset then everyone gets upset do you not have your own mind to make choices with?

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 07:25 PM
Stop contradicting yourself lady.
?And what is your reasoning for being rude

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 07:30 PM
I don't believe anyone is upset that the cats got out. Many of us have had a cat or dog get out and it's scary but it happens sometimes. What has people upset is that they were not spayed, and seems to feel that if she wants to breed cats and dogs no one should question her on it. When people brought up spaying the cats and kittens, she got upset and defensive, stating she's been breeding cats and dogs longer than many here have been born. That is what triggered a lot of people to become emotional and upset about it.

That's why I felt there is no need to bring Delta into this, it has zero bearing on the argument/conflict that is going on here since it's not about the cats getting out. Plus I am VERY sure Tamara is tired of seeing her name brought in as a comparison, it's been done before in other threads which I know you weren't here then, but I just feel bad to see it happen again.

I guess what it comes down to is she wants to be happy and excited about the kittens and the new lives.. and that is natural but I think people just want her to realize what a serious issue it is too, and when trying to tell her that, she immediately takes it as a personal attack and gets upset. Then others get offended and upset by her responses, and it turns into a vicious cycle.
As tp breeding cats i wrote that wrong i have never bred cats just German Shepherds,so i apologize for the mix up!And in all everyone gets deffensive when they are getting a finger pointed at and in all of these posts the kittens were unexpected and i do not like them being called an Ooops they are defensless and should not have to pay for why they were born and i do not look as them as a mistake they are too sweet and innocent to have that title put on them.

luvofallhorses
04-25-2006, 07:30 PM

Alysser
04-25-2006, 07:34 PM
?And what is your reasoning for being rude
Because you are being rude. We never ever ever stated that those kittens don't deserve a home. I am in complete agreement with Kay, Tamara and Delta should not be brought into this thread. There is no reason at all for it. i don't see how a dog running away and a cat having kittens is the same :confused: .

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Many of us didn't even post until she became exceptionally rude and condescending, if you take a look back.
Ok how would you feel and im not being rude im being defensive im fighting for myself,I'm not a bad person the way i am being put out to be ,and that is wrong as to my cats getting out the ate through my screen and these windows have been open for 3 years so yes it a big deal im aware of distemper and all the rest that comes along but instead of calling me names and telling me to go back and read posts why dont you?You have not been an angel by anymeans.As too all the rest that has been said i only started being rude when i was being charged at bottom line.And i do not take pride on acting like i have but being attacked is not a nice thing expesially when i have been nothing but nice on all other posts that people have been looking for some guidence and help....

Alysser
04-25-2006, 07:38 PM
i do not look as them as a mistake they are too sweet and innocent to have that title put on them.
That's what many people think before they breed they're cats. They think just because they are cute and innocent people will want them. They don't realize they are adding to the populations of animals in shelters. Did you ever think of the father? Sure, the mom may be the nicest cat in the world. But the father could be the nastiest cat in town. He could have diseases, behavoiral issues,ect. and these kittens may have to pay with their lives for the disease.

cmayer31
Every now and then a thread comes along that touches a lot of people just the right way and this is one of those.

Lori, I'm glad that you are excited that the cats have had kittens. The picture is very cute, and I'm terribly sorry to hear that one of them has passed over the bridge. It's exciting when new life comes into the world and I understand your excitment that there are new babies on the way. It is good to hear that you plan to have the cats spayed and that is the best thing to do in my opinion.

I think the big picture is that it happened, and nothing is going to change that fact now. However, where most of the people on this board are coming from is that it "could" have been avoided... true. The bigger picture is that now the cats will be spayed and it will not happen again, and that is all that can be expected at this point in time, right now. There is a huge population of pets both mixed and purebred and that population needs help in the form of adoptions and rescues; not to be amplified by accidental litters. The only way to prevent accidental litters is through spaying and neutering, and that is all that I personally ask is to help the population by spaying and neutering before the next oops. I don't think anyone meant to be offensive, I just think that the nature of this thread leads to a bit more defensive/emotional threads.

I do expect to see more pictures of course, of the kitties and the new canine addition.

Lori Jordan

Its ok for everyone else to express there feelings and be rude though?right?

Vela
04-25-2006, 07:41 PM
Your kittens are an oops unless you planned and thought out this pregnancy and intentionally bred your cats. I don't see where you are getting the whole thing about anyboy not wanting the kittens to live now that they are born and to find good homes and that they don't deserve to live. Calling it an oops pregnancy is in no way giving them a title. Nobody said you should just leave them to die now that they are born, the entire problem people were/are having is the fact that your cats were never spayed and ended up pregnant, which adds to the overpopulation problem.

"It really has no concern to any of them if i was abusing these animals or mistreating them in anyway then sure step in and yes i know what can happen i was breeding dogs and kittens longer than most in here have been alive i do not need to be told."

This comment is what made most people upset, unless I'm mistaken, and made it sound like you figure you know everything there is to know and don't need to ever learn anything else. That's how is comes across. While that may not be how you meant it, that's how it sounds. Just to clarify why it seemed to get people upset. Anyway good luck to you and the reminaing kitten and the kittens of the other cat and I hope they don't have any more babies. There are plenty enough to go around already.

BTW I never claimed to be an angel, nor did I tell you to go back and read any posts, I was talking to someone else. I am also as entitled to my opinion as you are yours and I think it was wrong not to spay your cats. I'm not going to change my opinion because you don't like it, sorry. And breeding your dog in the past has absolutely nothing to do with your cats being pregnant now because they weren't spayed. Sorry you don't like my opinion of it, but I didn't ask you to agree with me, I just responded to a post on a public forum. If you get so upset with people posting and talking about what you post, then I don't know why you post it. You have to be willing to hear things you both like and dislike, we all do.

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 07:41 PM
Vela is correct. No one was rude to Lori. We simply voiced our opinions on the topic. Need I remind you? This is a public forum with people. People have different opinions. We are giving her friendly advice and in no way,shape,or form were we "rude" to her. In my experience, when someone has a different opinion from another indivuidaul(sp?) they automatically think that the other person is being rude because they are agianst it. That's exactly what's happening here.

Lori, are you proud of breeding dogs and cats eresponisibly? That's not something people want to hear here. How did our dogs come into the world has nothing to do with this so please don't think it's a good comeback. RESPONSIBLE breeders created some of our dogs. As for the mutts, people rescued them from the shelter because they are an "OOPS" litter. I see no point in being proud of this. Personally, I don't care if you bred animals before I was born because you are creating more and more animals while others die. I will never never ever breed a dog. It's irresponsible unless done properly. I don't see why you are so proud of this.

Well i was not an erasponsible dog breeder thanks for that though my dogs are in the Police forces all over the world some are retired now and yes i do take pride in that,who wouldn't.

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Your kittens are an oops unless you planned and thought out this pregnancy and intentionally bred your cats. I don't see where you are getting the whole thing about anyboy not wanting the kittens to live now that they are born and to find good homes and that they don't deserve to live. Calling it an oops pregnancy is in no way giving them a title. Nobody said you should just leave them to die now that they are born, the entire problem people were/are having is the fact that your cats were never spayed and ended up pregnant, which adds to the overpopulation problem.

"It really has no concern to any of them if i was abusing these animals or mistreating them in anyway then sure step in and yes i know what can happen i was breeding dogs and kittens longer than most in here have been alive i do not need to be told."

This comment is what made most people upset, unless I'm mistaken, and made it sound like you figure you know everything there is to know and don't need to ever learn anything else. That's how is comes across. While that may not be how you meant it, that's how it sounds. Just to clarify why it seemed to get people upset. Anyway good luck to you and the reminaing kitten and the kittens of the other cat and I hope they don't have any more babies. There are plenty enough to go around already.
Ok you said your part whether they are oops are not the Baby should not be called names.I take effence to that but being called a enresponible breeder.how many people have had many unexpected littlers ,and that does not make them a bad person in the least.Everyone has there opinions and it has been expressed but you all here "most"are saying that im rude and all the rest why hasnt any of the rest owned up to being rude! I am expecting another litter and by the look of the kitten it looks to be my next door neighbors cat and he is fine up to date shots she came over and agreed it had to of been her cat.But that does not mean i can cut her down a size,it happend there is nothing i can take back or change all there is left to do is deal with it,and make sure these cats have the best lifes they can possibly can!that is all we can do.But saying the things that have been said are degrading to me and i have done nothing but been nice to all other problems and situations that have come up in the months i have been here why cant i get that in return?

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 07:50 PM
As to the dog breeding i was told i was irresponsible so now being able to have an opinion i responded to it,

Vela
04-25-2006, 07:55 PM
I owned up to being rude earlier and I apologized for it. I made some posts based strictly on emotion and not thinking through what I was saying. It came after watching the video of the dogs in the garbage can and it upset me. Most of my posts, however, were not bashing but only voicing my opinion of WHY I thought it was irresponsible and why it bothered me. While I admit I posted in haste and not very nicely in a couple of my posts, it does not change my opinion of spaying and neutering. I am glad to hear they will be fixed in the future, it will be better for them and for you. Nobody dislikes the kittens, and everyone wants to see them go to a good home but it still upsets people to see babies born when there are so many dying and nothing is going to make anyone feel differently about that. I also know that nobody here wants to see anything bad happen to the kittens at this point so please stop thinking that anyone has said that. Calling them an oops is not calling them names, it's simply referring to the unplanned pregnancy, and is much easier to type out than "unplanned pregnancy" so there is no need to take offence to that. I also want to emphasize that being irresponsible in regards to something, like not spyaing your pets, or whatever, does not mean someone is a bad person and nobody implied you were a bad person. In my opinion it IS irresponsible not to fix them, but that doesn't mean everyone hates you or thinks you are a bad person, it means people thought that not fixing your cats was not a responsible thing to do.

Alysser
04-25-2006, 07:56 PM
The way you stated it was very ignorant. For one, you never said anything about the dogs and from the way you let your cats get pregnant people assumed you were irresponsible. We never called YOU rude. We called your posts rude. And by the way, in no way was Krista being rude. She said to spay and neuter your animals and I don't see anything in that statement that is rude and/or offensive.

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 07:57 PM
All my dogs are retired or curently in Police forces all over the world

CagneyDog
04-25-2006, 08:06 PM
This is a joke.

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 08:10 PM
The way you stated it was very ignorant. For one, you never said anything about the dogs and from the way you let your cats get pregnant people assumed you were irresponsible. We never called YOU rude. We called your posts rude. And by the way, in no way was Krista being rude. She said to spay and neuter your animals and I don't see anything in that statement that is rude and/or offensive.
Ok lets fiinish this right now! Yes my cats got out! i realize that BUT i did not say ok go out and get pregnant!!!!!!One chewed through a screen i did not know they were out until i was outside doing some gardening and i Cally came running to me and brought her back inside they cats have there own little den in the basement And when i say basement i dont mean a grungy old basement it is our living area our living room is down there(Just so people do not think i keep them in a basement).
Anyhow i went looking for Alex and she was no where to be found i figured they must have snuck out when the door was open from us coming in and out,I was coming home from work when i noticed Alex sitting on my front porch and i was relieved living out here in the country anything can happen there is so many different animals that is why i fenced my back yard i have had Coyotes deer everything anyways i did not notice that day but a week or two had passed and they were getting chubby.
So now i have had one litter,2nd ones are on there way,and i am not happy that this has happend but im not going to take it out on the baby,I will be getting them fixed YES!But that still does not change the fact that i have kittens.Accidents happen and yes this could of been prevented but they have never spent a day outside as to the batch of kittens i had last year it was a cat that showed up on my doorstep and a week later had 5 kittens all have been placed in homes As to the mother cat she has found a loving home with my sister in law and is doing great!
I cannot change what has happend but some support would be great i have not been in the best of moods the baby that died last night has been really hard on me i tried all i could and i feel horrible that i could not save the little one!

luvofallhorses
04-25-2006, 08:12 PM
All my dogs are retired or curently in Police forces all over the world

oh, really? :confused:

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 08:13 PM
oh, really? :confused:
And what does that mean?

luvofallhorses
04-25-2006, 08:15 PM
it means what I said..;)

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 08:16 PM
So are you calling me a liar?

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 08:17 PM
Ya know all the crap i have put up with all that have problems with me just block me do us all a favor i dont need snappy remarks like that i tried to explain myself and more negativity my way for get it im too old too sit here and argue highschool had been over for me for years!

luvofallhorses
04-25-2006, 08:19 PM
no, I didn't say YOU were a liar! it's just kinda hard to believe that is all..

luvofallhorses
04-25-2006, 08:20 PM
and if you really want people to stop replying to this thread.. just delete it or ask Karen or Paul to please close it. :)

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 08:20 PM
How is it hard to believe answer that please im sorry having a hard time with that remark and also some dogs have gone to military bases!believe what you want u are just trying to pick a fight and im not going to that level ;)

Lori Jordan
04-25-2006, 08:21 PM
that is totaly up to them they also can see what has been said

luvofallhorses
04-25-2006, 08:22 PM
u are just trying to pick a fight

umm..no..