PDA

View Full Version : eye surgeon

davidpizzica
04-23-2006, 05:02 AM
Tomorrow I get to see the eye surgeon. I'll be SO happy to get rid of this #$&^%^$ cataract! Maybe I won't have as many typos on PT! I HATE seeing with one eye.

finn's mom
04-23-2006, 07:39 AM
What a relief that will be for you! Are you just going in for a consultation tomorrow? And, hey, by the way, my name's Kari. ;) I read a lot, but, don't post much anymore, so, I wasn't sure if you would even know who I am!

davidpizzica
04-23-2006, 01:21 PM
What a relief that will be for you! Are you just going in for a consultation tomorrow? And, hey, by the way, my name's Kari. ;) I read a lot, but, don't post much anymore, so, I wasn't sure if you would even know who I am!
It's for a consultation tomorrow and the surgeon will look at my eye further. I'm sure he'll want to operate. Kari, of course I remember you! I remember you as guster-girl when I first came on.

critter crazy
04-23-2006, 01:41 PM
well good luck to you david!!! hope all goes well!! :)

carole
04-23-2006, 03:54 PM
Bro you know i am thinking of you and hoping the consult goes well, yes mate you will be so much better off when you have that eye all fixed up,good luck my dear friend.

davidpizzica
04-23-2006, 04:08 PM
Bro you know i am thinking of you and hoping the consult goes well, yes mate you will be so much better off when you have that eye all fixed up,good luck my dear friend.
Oh Sis, I really thank you for all of your support amd the support of the rest of my family here at PT! I think everything will go well, but I guess I can't help thinking about it a little. I'm just happy that it isn't a complication of diabetes. When I get out of surgey, I'll be singing, "I can see clearly now. . ."

Karen
04-23-2006, 04:48 PM
As long as you aren't singing too loud! And no heavy lifting for x? weeks afterwards, I forget how many it was, but I know you'll follow doctor's orders, as eyesight is VERY important, so you can see your kitties and Pet Talk, too! ;)

A young diabetic friend of mine (age 18) just had one eye operated on for Diabetic Retinopathy, and has to wait a bit to get the other one done. I thought of you, and am glad you "just" have a cataract! You'll of course be in our prayers!

Rachel
04-23-2006, 06:14 PM
Good luck, David. Think of the surgery as a solution to your problem. I think you'll be amazed at the difference it will make for you.

davidpizzica
04-23-2006, 07:56 PM
As long as you aren't singing too loud! And no heavy lifting for x? weeks afterwards, I forget how many it was, but I know you'll follow doctor's orders, as eyesight is VERY important, so you can see your kitties and Pet Talk, too! ;)

A young diabetic friend of mine (age 18) just had one eye operated on for Diabetic Retinopathy, and has to wait a bit to get the other one done. I thought of you, and am glad you "just" have a cataract! You'll of course be in our prayers!
Karen, I'll have to mention the "no heavy lifting" part to my boss! He'll love that part! Karen, I'll sing it in my rich tenor voice.

JenBKR
04-24-2006, 08:30 AM
(((hugs))) David, so glad that it's almost taken care of! Good luck!

Pawsitive Thinking
04-24-2006, 08:39 AM
Hope all goes well for you!!

davidpizzica
04-24-2006, 09:14 AM
(((hugs))) David, so glad that it's almost taken care of! Good luck!
Jen, I just came back from the eye surgeon. My surgery is scheduled for June 12 on rte. 48 at the surgery hospital behind Max & Erma's, going towards Forbes reginal. I figure you might where that is. I'll make a thread and tell everyone else. CAN'T WAIT!!

JenBKR
04-24-2006, 09:20 AM
Yep I know exactly where that is - woohoo soon you'll be able to see!

davidpizzica
04-24-2006, 09:25 AM
Yep I know exactly where that is - woohoo soon you'll be able to see!
Jen, it seems like every medical proceedure I've had done has been done somewhere in Monroeville! It's kinda weird!