PDA

View Full Version : Look at what I built the pups today!

binka_nugget
04-23-2006, 12:52 AM
(Excuse the mess in the basement.. we never really unpacked after we moved LOL)
http://oh-my-dog.net/images/dogs/jump1.jpg

:D :D :D I made two jumps for the boys today. They came out to $17.65 each! They each have four connectors at the official heights for the AAC. If I ever get to compete with them, Kaedyn would be jumping at where the bottom bar is sitting, and Kai would be jumping at where the top one is.

I can't wait to take the jumps and weaves to the field to try them out! :D

LuvGold00
04-23-2006, 01:21 AM
I wish I was handy enough to make jumps! A friend of mine makes them for herself, she's probably going to make me some. MUCH cheaper than buying them!

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-23-2006, 01:33 AM
It looks great! I'm sure the boys will love it :)

Sevaede
04-23-2006, 01:43 AM
(Excuse the mess in the basement.. we never really unpacked after we moved LOL)
http://oh-my-dog.net/images/dogs/jump1.jpg

:D :D :D I made two jumps for the boys today. They came out to $17.65 each! They each have four connectors at the official heights for the AAC. If I ever get to compete with them, Kaedyn would be jumping at where the bottom bar is sitting, and Kai would be jumping at where the top one is.

I can't wait to take the jumps and weaves to the field to try them out! :D

What did you make them with? Or are they one of those Some Assembly Required deals? I would like to do agility, one day! :D

binka_nugget
04-23-2006, 02:01 AM
What did you make them with? Or are they one of those Some Assembly Required deals? I would like to do agility, one day! :D

For one jump, all you need are:

-2 10 foot pieces of PVC
-10 T-joints
-6 End caps

That's it! It's a bit tricky figuring out where to cut the two 10 footers.. but aside from that, it's SO easy to make!

Sevaede
04-23-2006, 02:12 AM
For one jump, all you need are:

-2 10 foot pieces of PVC
-10 T-joints
-6 End caps

That's it! It's a bit tricky figuring out where to cut the two 10 footers.. but aside from that, it's SO easy to make!

Oh wow, thanks! :D Hubby and I have to go to Home Depot so I will check out the prices and see if he will build it (or, at least, help. I am not very handy :( ). :D Well, when the time comes. I don't know if a Chihuahua would be very good at agility. :D

buttercup132
04-23-2006, 09:00 AM
Those are cool much MUCH cheaper then buying them at the petstore.

Nice tree house t.v show by the way LOL:p

Alysser
04-23-2006, 09:06 AM
Aww, it looks like a great jump and Im sure the pups love it! What did you make it out of because it very well made?

binka_nugget
04-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Aww, it looks like a great jump and Im sure the pups love it! What did you make it out of because it very well made?

I posted what I used up above. It's all PVC that can be found at your local home depot, rona, etc. :)

Kfamr
04-23-2006, 12:23 PM
That looks great! I've been meaning to make one for my pups (rather bugging my dad to make one!)

lv4dogs
04-24-2006, 08:48 AM
What a great job you did! They are easy and cheap to make aren't they! I used to make them when I was training in agility with my ex's husky, Mylo. I also made a few sets to sell, jumps, weaves, tables and hoops.
I'm sure I'll be making some here in the near future. :p