PDA

View Full Version : Another possible dog food contamination- NUTRO...

LuvGold00
04-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Does anyone know anything about this, I feed this food to ALL my dogs....

http://www.chatgoldens.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8016

Kfamr
04-22-2006, 09:17 PM
Seems to be a isolated case to me.

My dogs are fed 1/4th Nutro and are fine.

sammy101
04-22-2006, 09:21 PM
i read this on another board and i agree with Kay,it sounds like an isolated case.
Mine eat it and their fine.

lv4dogs
04-24-2006, 08:56 AM
Seems like an issolated case. I can't find any mroe info about it yet and if it was a large epidemic you would of certainly heard about it by now you would think.

I feed my dogs Nutro NC, but a different formula, but they are all fine.

jennawing
04-24-2006, 09:13 AM
I agree- my dogs eat Nutro- and believe me- Natalie gets sick at the least little thing she eats that she shouldn't- has been to the vet several times for bloating- if there were anything wrong with our food, she'd be in hospital by now. Again. I personally found that letter quite liibelous and propagandous. The way they spend so much time talking about the Nutro agent and how clandestine they were acting- it is not very believable. On the rat terrier forum I first read it on- we all pretty much agreed it was a hoax- something designed to intentionally slander Nutro. There is no way that Nutro- if there were a problem- would not be forthcoming about it- considering the fine example Diamond set recently. In short, don't believe everything you read.

JenBKR
04-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Boy I hope it's just an isolated case, I feel Nutro too!

Cincy'sMom
04-24-2006, 09:07 PM
I recently started feeding Cincy 1/2 Nutro Lite. No problems here. Definately will keep an eye out to be sure that it doens't turn into a bigger issue.

LuvGold00
04-24-2006, 09:15 PM
I emailed Nutro over the weekend, this is what I got in response:

Dear Kara:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your concerns about our products.

There is no evidence to suggest that Nutro’s Natural Choice Lamb Meal & Rice Adult Dog Food is the source of any illness in dogs as has been suggested on some internet sites.

Nutro Products, Inc. thoroughly tests all of our products. Our Quality Services Department runs extensive testing on every lot of every product made. Similar testing is performed on all raw materials.

Testing on the production lot of Natural Choice Lamb Meal and Rice Adult Dog Food that was fed to the dogs referred to on the internet postings indicated that this lot met all standards & specifications with no evidence of any spoilage, pathogenic micro-organisms, or mycotoxin contamination. Chemical analyses were normal and met specifications. Kennel feeding of samples from this lot indicated typical consumption and no abnormal reactions in any of the dogs fed.

Thousands of dogs are fed Natural Choice Lamb Meal & Rice Adult in the U.S. everyday, and we are not aware of any instances of any pets having suffered an illness as described by these recent internet postings as a result of having been fed Natural Choice products.

Sincerely,

Victoria Gutierrez

Consumer Services Department

800-833-5330

.sarah
04-24-2006, 09:17 PM
Would you mind if I reposted that e-mail on another forum?

Kfamr
04-24-2006, 09:18 PM
I was sent this info over IM, I don't have any specific links to support this, however.

Supposedly they are recalling the following, not for specific contamination, but to be "safe" because of the Diamond food recall.

5 - 30 lb bags - Nutro Natural Choice Puppy
5 - 30 lb bags - Nutro Natural Choice Lite
5 - 35 lb bags - Ultra Puppy
15 - 35 lbs bags - Ultra Weight

Supposedly only the Tennesee plant was recalled.

I'm not 100% sure about this information, so please don't quote me.

Nutro Customer Service (800) 833-5330

LuvGold00
04-24-2006, 09:22 PM
Would you mind if I reposted that e-mail on another forum?

Sure can, just remove my name please.

.sarah
04-24-2006, 09:24 PM
Sure, no problem. And thanks!