PDA

View Full Version : Oh man, I LOVE Feline Pine.

Sevaede
04-22-2006, 09:02 PM
It is much more awesome than any of the other litters that we've tried. Has anyone else tried it? How do you like it? It seems like it gets rid of the doody smells a LOT faster, too.

Craftlady
04-22-2006, 09:44 PM
I used a bag once just to try it several years back. It was nice but found it to pricy to use on a regular basis.

slick
04-22-2006, 09:47 PM
I think it's the same thing but up here it's called Feline Fresh and it comes in regular or clumping. I've completely switched to the clumping and I won't use anything else right now. The price is OK for me because I only have one kitty so I don't go through very much. It does track more than clay litters but I can deal with that. I love the fact that I can scoop and flush. It's awesome. :)

Sevaede
04-22-2006, 09:49 PM
I used a bag once just to try it several years back. It was nice but found it to pricy to use on a regular basis.

Yeah, it is a bit pricy (especially for our budget) but it works out well for us. :D

Sevaede
04-22-2006, 09:56 PM
I think it's the same thing but up here it's called Feline Fresh and it comes in regular or clumping. I've completely switched to the clumping and I won't use anything else right now. The price is OK for me because I only have one kitty so I don't go through very much. It does track more than clay litters but I can deal with that. I love the fact that I can scoop and flush. It's awesome. :)

Wow, really? I don't think I've seen the different varieties. Here, it just looks like pellet stove pellets and breaks down when your companion uses the bathroom. We want to get one of those litter boxes with the mats that grab the litter off of the feet. Yes, scoop and flush is very awesome.

kuhio98
04-22-2006, 10:26 PM
We love it too. Since it is so pricey, we put a couple of cups in the bottom of the litter pan and use cheapo clay litter for the rest. The Feline Pine sure absorbs the urine and keeps the smell to a minimum.

Corinna
04-22-2006, 10:31 PM
I use it on my rabbit cage on the tray under the wire. it really does get rid of the rabbit urine smell.

moosmom
04-22-2006, 10:53 PM
I have been using Feline Pine for over 5 years now and love it. It doesn't have silica dust the way clumping litters do and doesn't hurt your cat's lungs. It's anywhere from $8.99 to $13.99 for a big bag of Feline Pine.

Sevaede
04-22-2006, 11:54 PM
We love it too. Since it so pricey, we put a couple of cups in the bottom of the litter pan and use cheapo clay litter for the rest. The Feline Pine sure absorbs the urine and keeps the smell to a minimum.

Isis took to the FP right away but Soni did not so we are still using a bit of clay litter on top, as well. I hear you about the absorption and minimal smell! :D Before I had cats, I never knew something so rotten and stinky could come out of something so sweet, cute, and cuddly. :D

Sevaede
04-22-2006, 11:55 PM
I use it on my rabbit cage on the tray under the wire. it really does get rid of the rabbit urine smell.

I know! *hugs FP* :D

Sevaede
04-22-2006, 11:58 PM
I have been using Feline Pine for over 5 years now and love it. It doesn't have silica dust the way clumping litters do and doesn't hurt your cat's lungs. It's anywhere from $8.99 to $13.99 for a big bag of Feline Pine.

I was pretty excited to try it out after I heard about all the things (no silica dust, minimal smell). I must say, it has lived up to everything so far. It was super easy to get the kittens to start using it. We get the little bags (about four dollars and thirty seven cents including tax) and hubby insists on using the whole bag but we haven't been using it long enough to see if that's really necessary... (considering we still have to put a bit of clay on top because the boy cat is not as apt to use it, yet)

Glacier
04-23-2006, 02:15 AM
I use something similar. I suspect it's identical actually and just packaged differently. I buy pellets for wood burning pellet stoves for 5 bucks for 40 pounds at the local hardware store. I can't find any difference except for the label on the bag and the price tag!

moosmom
04-23-2006, 07:44 AM
Glacier,

I've used wood stove pellets before and they work, but don't last as long as Feline Pine when it comes to the odor. The stove pellets are super cheap so even if you just dump the box once it's dirty, you're still saving money.

Wenisrubber,

You only need one inch of litter. When I clean the litterboxes, I use my finger as a guide to how much to put in the box. If the thickness of the litter in the box is equal to the first digit of my finger, then that's about an inch.

catmandu
04-23-2006, 06:34 PM
I havenever seen that in Canada.
I will have to see if I can find this at Petcetera.

Sevaede
04-23-2006, 07:49 PM
I use something similar. I suspect it's identical actually and just packaged differently. I buy pellets for wood burning pellet stoves for 5 bucks for 40 pounds at the local hardware store. I can't find any difference except for the label on the bag and the price tag!

Oh wow, do those work just as well? If they are pine pellets that break down into sawdust, then yep! Pretty much the same! :D

Sevaede
04-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Glacier,

I've used wood stove pellets before and they work, but don't last as long as Feline Pine when it comes to the odor. The stove pellets are super cheap so even if you just dump the box once it's dirty, you're still saving money.

Wenisrubber,

You only need one inch of litter. When I clean the litterboxes, I use my finger as a guide to how much to put in the box. If the thickness of the litter in the box is equal to the first digit of my finger, then that's about an inch.

Heh, I know. I read that on the back of the bag and he was like, "Nooo! Just go ahead and dump the whole thing in!" The litter box gets full before it is even semi dirty. Ah, he can scoop it then! :D

Sevaede
04-23-2006, 07:53 PM
I havenever seen that in Canada.
I will have to see if I can find this at Petcetera.

http://www.totoro.com.hk/images/allpet2.jpg