PDA

View Full Version : How do I deal with these rude people?

DJFyrewolf36
04-22-2006, 08:56 PM
Someone is being very rude and mean and shooting my dog Shiloh with those soft air pellet things. I haven't SEEN anyone actually shoot at him but the last couple of days when I let him out to go potty, he'll start to bark (he isnt a nusence barker, he only sounds off for a reason) and I go outside to find my yard littered with little yellow airgun pelets. I'm starting to get slightly angry. I don't know who is doing it (although I suspect its the same neighbors we've been having problems with, but it could be the doorbell ditchers we've been dealing with reciently too)

As I haven't seen anyone do anything, I'm hesitant to call the police as they arent going to patrol extra just because someone is being retarded with a toy (well air guns are NOT toys IMO but the cops seem to think so since they dont shoot "deadly" rounds). I'm almost tempted to set up a security watch system so maybe I can catch an image of someone doing something.

What else can I do? I don't want to deny poor Shiloh his outside time (he's a german shepard mix and requires a good bit of exercise) but at the same time I don't want him getting hurt. He's never outside when we aren't home, and I think Im going to have to supervise him more carefully when he is out. Grrrr some idiots!! Why shoot at a poor old dog?

Catty1
04-22-2006, 09:43 PM
Try calling your local Humane or SPCA - any animal care acts they are in charge of enforcing, I would think.

Catty1

Alysser
04-22-2006, 09:49 PM
I think setting up a security system is a wonderful idea. That way you can see who is shooting the air soft pellets and get the Animal Control to take care of it.

Kfamr
04-22-2006, 10:08 PM
This is horrible! :( I wish you luck..

In the meantime... I had no clue you had a dog!? I haven't seen anything about him on PT ever! Info?? Pics??

DJFyrewolf36
04-22-2006, 10:53 PM
This is horrible! :( I wish you luck..

In the meantime... I had no clue you had a dog!? I haven't seen anything about him on PT ever! Info?? Pics??

Yep and I'll have pix up of him tomorow! I havent had much time to post since I've been fostering my MIL's kitties and such. Shiloh to begin with was my hubbys dog (had him from a puppy, hes about 11 now) and when John and his mom had to move, his mom took him due to the fact that the girl he was with couldn't have any more dogs on her property (IMO she shouldnt have dogs at all but thats another story). For about 5 yrs, MIL kept Shiloh as John didn't live in place that would accept a large dog (as I said before, he's a shepard mix) but now since we live in a place with a large (and I thought SAFE) yard, MIL thought it best that John kept him. Shiloh has really improved physically since he came here, as he has a lot more space to exercsie here.

moosmom
04-22-2006, 11:03 PM
I'd supervise Shiloh when he's out in the yard. Keep an eye out for your neighbors and the doorbell ditchers too. I think if you make yourself "seen" the problem might just go away. If it doesn't, I'd call animal control. Shiloh is in his own yard and isn't hurting anyone. That's disgusting if they're allowed to get away with it.