04-22-2006, 08:24 PM
what are the dogs in your neighborhood?

owned dogs:
shih tzu-Pepe my grandma's puppy

shih tzu and husky shpherd mix-not sure of their names

4 lab/pit/boxer mix puppies. nameless, owner won't name them. :(

pit/boxer mix- mom to pups. Brownie

staffie mix-JUICY

2 male rotties- jack and shlit(stupid names)

great dane mix- goldie

heeler mix- brownie

dachshund- lolly my friend Billy's dog.

2 beagles- danny and greg

beagle- molly

stray dogs:
malamute/husky mix

boxer

lab/corgi mix(she just had pups :( )

golden retriever

several chow mixes.

Pembroke_Corgi
04-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Unfortunately, there aren't very many dogs my neighborhood. I see a boston terrier every once in a while, a lab mix named Trouble walks by our house every day, and there are 2 fox terriers and 2 labs down the street. Those are the only ones I know of. Luckily there aren't any strays here though! We have an excellent animal shelter and several rescue organizations in town.

Oh yes, on the next street there are several other people with corgis. :p One person has 2 (who they took to Wales with them) and one person has 3.

Alysser
04-22-2006, 08:46 PM
Owned dogs:
Greyhound-I dont know his name.
Lapso obso-Jasmine
2 others lapsos(I think)
Kelpie mix-RUSTY :)
Long-haired dachsund-Max
Lab mix-Coal
Boston terrier-Roxy
Vizla(I think)-don't know his name.
Golden mix-Rex
Shiz zu-Buddy
I think 2 Malteses
Bichon-Buddy
Golden-Sunny and another named Captain.
RB Rottie-Stinko was his name.
Dobbie/Shepherd mix-Cobie
Shiz zu-Kendal
Strays:
None thank god!

Karen
04-22-2006, 08:57 PM
No strays in my neighborhood! There are the two miniature poodles whose names I do not know (their owner isn't very freindly) but I hear them bark behind their fence on nice days.

Rocky: Great Dane/Lab mix (best guess)
Shina: (not sure how it is spelled) German Shepherd/Husky mix
Scooter: Westie, rescue and new to his home and our street
several Dachshunds - they live down in Dachshund corner (my name for it), and one of them gets walked around the streets
a Lovely but elderly Husky, don't know her name, she's mostly inside, especially now that she's so old.
Yorkie way down the street, rarely gets walked as far as our house.

There are many, many dogs that get walked down on Commonwealth Ave every day, I pet them if I'm out there, but I don't know their names or where they live, it's a pretty densely populated city. There are Goldens, and Poodles of three sizes, a Newfie, a Bernese Mountain Dog, a couple Beagles, Yorkies, Malteses, many kinds of Lab mixes - you name it, it's probably walked somewhere near here!

Tralee
04-22-2006, 09:06 PM
we have
aggressive heeler mix
ACD
Lab mix puppy
Golden
mini Schnauzer
Golden
2 they look like mini bulldogs i have only seen them once from a distance
lab mix
2 rodeshion ridgebacks
beagle
rotti
2 goldens
shephard
2 labs
i think a shephard mix have only seen it a few times
Most of those dogs are from the two development near me
no strays!

chocolatepuppy
04-22-2006, 09:06 PM
Next door:
DeDe-Sheltie mix
Scooter-Shih tzu mix
Frenchie-Shih tzu mix
Ziggy-Shih tzu
Lady-Shih tzu mix
Across the street:
Tara-Miniature Schnuazer
Up the road:
Greta-Dachsund mix
Behind us:
Taffy- shaggy mix
Down the road:
Shepherd /collie mix, can't remember her name :o
That's just dogs of our closest neighbors. :)

BitsyNaceyDog
04-22-2006, 09:11 PM
My neighbor has a cute little black shih-tzu. Down the road a bit there is a dog that looks like a chocolate lab mix. There are also a few boston terriers, a couple bassets, a dobie, and a couple poodles. I know there are more but that's all I can think of at the moment.

k9krazee
04-23-2006, 08:24 AM
I'll just name the dogs on our street ;) The people across the street have a little Chi/JRT mix named Harley...Down the road there is a pointer mix (?), a couple GSDs & a black lab, and then theres a Boston named Springer and a Rottie two doors down.

Thankfully we don't have any strays!

Ginger's Mom
04-23-2006, 08:29 AM
We have quite a few dogs in our neighborhood, and Ginger likes to give kisses to most of them. :)
Her favorite friends:
Sammy (Pomeranian)
Hudson (Bearded Collie/Wheaten Terrier Mix)
Max (Miniature Dachshund)
Alex (Miniature Schnauzer)
Tigger (Miniature Poodle-16 years old)
Covey (Schipperke or maybe Buhund mix ?)
Josh (Chihuahua)
Penny (Pug)

Other neighborhood dogs
Pudgy (Boston Terrier)
Cappuccino (Miniature Poodle)
Corkie (Corgi mix)
Peppy (Jack Russell Terrier)
Guiness (?-but he is a big good-looking boy)
Molly (Springer Spaniel)
Four Miniature Pinschers (Penny, Tuppance, Kari, Lucky)
Tootsie (Great Pyrenes - Ginger is terrified of her, but she really is a sweetie)
Goldie (Golden Retriever - another one Ginger is afraid of :rolleyes: )
And several other dogs that bark at us from inside their homes, but whom we have never met outside.

IRescue452
04-23-2006, 11:10 AM
There aren't many left that we know of.
There's Skippy the mini schnauzer, and I hear they got another dog.
A cute little poodle mix, I forgot his name.
Keisha the dalmation, who is becoming much more socialized since they started bringing her to the dog park.
The two saint bernards being bred by their owners, Cecil is the male.
Champ, the lab mix.
Molly, the skye terrier pain in the butt who is never supervised as she wonders the neighborhood.
Then there's a million and one aggressive labradors tied up in back yards. A pathetic looking shepherd tied to a barrel as his dog house. The lab shepherd mix, Jezebel, who jumped the fence to attack Autumn and already has another bite case, she got her extension cord "leash" caught so she couldn't reach Autumn. A white shepherd puppy who lives on a 3 foot leash on the front porch of a house.
There have been improvements though- an old aggressive keeshond mix who live its entire life on a chain has either died or the people gave it up, and a shorthaired pointer that lived outside is now an inside dog.

BC_MoM
04-23-2006, 11:14 AM
On my street:
Rough Collie
Maltese
Pug
Daschund
Golden Retriever
Golden Retriever x Border Collie
Doberman
Labrador & a Border Collie
2 Yorkies
Labrador
& an old English Shepherd

..... and then my two. :p

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-23-2006, 01:53 PM
3 Dalmatians
1 Golden Retriever
2 huge male Rottweilers (very unfriendly with awful owners)
5 Dobermans (2 reds, 2 blacks, 1 blue)
tons of Bichon/Shih-tzu mixes
tons of Pitbulls & Am.Staffs
3 Labradors (2 yellow, 1 black)
2 English Setters
1 Dachshund
tons of mutts

There are probably more, but those are the ones I've seen.

Suki Wingy
04-23-2006, 02:01 PM
No strays. That I know the house they live in:
2 beagles- don't know names
1 poodle mix- Jenny
1 red sibe- Luna
2 shar pei- Stitch and ??
2 viszla- Toby and Lady
2 mutts- ??
1 lab- ?
1 pembroke welsh corgi- ?
2 bullmastiffs-?
1 american bulldog- ?
1 dobe- Copenhaggen "Cope"
1 Border Collie- ?
1 foxhound mix- ?
And that I regularly see around the park
1 black bi sheltie
3 porties
2 irish terriers
2 irish setters
1 old english sheepdog (Winston is Niņo's friend, they play at the park quite a bit)
1 golden
1 shiba
2 soft coated wheatan terrier
2 poodles
2 mutts
2 great pyrenese
1 english setter
2 shelties
a few GSPs
lots of labs
I think there's more

animal_rescue
04-23-2006, 02:42 PM
Ok the dogs by my house are:
7 pit bulls(probably more)
1 golden retriever/newfoundland mix(lives on a chain, never gets walked :()
2 german shepherds
2 pit bull/shih tzu mixes
1 sheltie mix
2 beagles(one I think is a mix)
2 rottweilers
2 labs(one is missing though, I hope he gets found soon!)
1 corgi
1 Italian Greyhound
1 Italian Greyhound/Chihuahua mix
1 Chihuahua
1 Tibetan Mastiff(I believe that's what it is)
1 Shih Tzu/Poodle mix

and that's all I know.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
04-23-2006, 02:58 PM
Hmmm.... Let me see....

Untrained Pit Bulls
Untrained Rottweilers

I live in Surrey and almost everyone has an aggressive Rottie or Pitty. It is sad, since most of them are chained up outside. :(

sandragonfly
04-23-2006, 06:39 PM
quoted by animalrescue
1 golden retriever/newfoundland mix, (lives on a chain, never gets walked..)

:eek: :mad: :( ..did do anything? poor dog!

in my neighborhood.. I just moved here a month and half ago, only met two and saw two just right across from me - four total.

simba - (thirteen years old black/brown barky dachshund)
daphne - (six months old black/brown happy, happy rottie/x, just like tango's morgan & kfamr's kiara)

and two (one black & one brown) friendly rotties.

if/for strays, I'll make sure there will be none on/around my street.

Glacier
04-23-2006, 06:43 PM
Husky crosses, husky crosses and husky crosses...and a few more husky crosses! :p

Occasionally, I see a Golden Retriever out on the trails(with his person) and a JRT. I try to avoid the JRT as much as possible. My dogs are not good with little dogs. One neighbor has a rottie. Other than that, nothing but Alaskan Huskies around here!

bckrazy
04-23-2006, 07:51 PM
In my Dad's nieghborhood, just one our block, there is 2 super-duper-yappy Yorkies named Ally and Jack, a Cairn girl named Mystic, 2 very old yellow Labs, a 10 year-old Border Collie/Lab named Puck, a Basset named Bowzer (my buddy Michael's dog, he's precious ^^), a Pug named Rudy, a Silky named Max (also yappy, and constantly escapes out of the backyard... probably to get away from their 5 bratty kids :p), a Border Collie puppy named Layla, a Bichon named Suzy who is always inside the house and getting walks and a Golden named ??? who is always outside and never getting walks :(, a Golden girl named Gracie and her Pom brother Max, an ACD/GSD named Misty who is hanging out in the front yard all day - and in a dog run at night :(, and 2 other Yellow Labs, 3 blacks, and 1 Chocolate who I don't know the names of mostly because Gonzo is not a Lab-fan. Our closest neighbors have 2 black/tan Minpins named Jax and Lucy, they're cute!

I really like having a lot of dogs around, none of them are chained or deprived of food/water/shelter, and there have been no litters around at all, to my knowledge. I do dislike people that have small dogs who are kept inside, and big dogs who they keep outside all the time... which I think is horrible! I really dislike a few neighbors that have dogs that are outside alone all day and bark semi-constantly, a lot of them have come to me asking what kind of bark collar I use for Gonzo... I'm like "err, I just train him and exercise him, and spend time with him and he doesn't bark." 9 out of 10 people also allow their dogs to roam up and down the street while they're outside, because they are too lazy to walk them. Most of the people that do walk their dogs walk them outside, which also kills me! We do live in a really quiet suburban town, but there are plenty of cars. Some of my neighbors are really cool, though, and most aren't too bad.

cali
04-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Brandy-golden retriever
Molly-lab mix(the owners say she is a pure lab but her hair is longer then a goldens lol)
??????-pomeranian, she is owned my a little orientel woman, I have seen her maybe once ever so I have no idea what the dogs name is

and my new neighbores recenly got a dog, looks like a lab/shepherd, guessing about 8-9 months old, I have not formerly met her yet, only seen her outside and her family walking her, she is the cutest dog on the planet though! and I am usally biased toward my own dogs!

BCollie_Kelly
04-23-2006, 08:15 PM
Not many dogs here, as we live on a street with about 6 houses... but;

Red merle aussie; don't know its name yet, they just moved here
black lab; Tina
husky/lab mix; Koda
lab/hound mix; Zina
rat terrier; don't know his name

and then there's our three;
border collie; Riley
border collie; Rebel
rough collie; Lex

k9krazee
04-23-2006, 09:38 PM
and then there's our three;
rough collie; Lex

:eek:

You have a rough collie :confused:

BCollie_Kelly
04-23-2006, 09:45 PM
well I don't, he's my moms dog. I'll post a picture thread of him in a second ;) :)

k9krazee
04-23-2006, 09:49 PM
:D Kewl! :D

animal_rescue
04-23-2006, 10:30 PM
quoted by animalrescue
1 golden retriever/newfoundland mix, (lives on a chain, never gets walked..)

:eek: :mad: :( ..did do anything? poor dog!

Well he gets the animal control called on him at minimim once a month(we've only called once and that was when she had a nasty ear infection). But all they do is give him warnings and make him take her to the vet. I don't see how that helps because she's still miserable on that chain. :(

GiantSchnauzer
04-23-2006, 10:48 PM
There aren't really that many dogs in this neigborhood.

2 Malamutes
1 Dobie
1 Dachshund
1 Mutt
1 Shih Tzu

Lori Jordan
04-24-2006, 08:06 AM
It;s funny the only dogs around here are mostly black and yellow labs,and my neighbor down the road has two dobbie's.

lv4dogs
04-24-2006, 08:10 AM
I don't have any stray dogs n my neighborhood (stray cats are another story though :( )
There are:
4-5 lab mixes
Aussie
husky mix
greyhound mix
springer spaniel
2 beagles
poodle (possibly mix)
spitz mix
3 rotts
husky
2 shep mixes