PDA

View Full Version : !!!Disterbing!!!

Lori Jordan
04-22-2006, 10:02 AM
I took Maggy and Lacy in for there yearly shots today i got there and the Vets office was a mess card blocking the drivway people fighting,As im walking up the driveway i see this women mid 20's covered in blood.I thought oh no what happend,i was waiting outside along with a few others who had appointments come to find out her Shepherd mix 9 month old pup was hit by a truck he cut his mouth pretty bad and all legs were broken,I dont know if he will make it.I hope he does so young anyways i had to walk by him as i was sent to the room beside the one he was in his lifesless little body on that table made tears come to my eyes,Such a shame,i was talking to my vet and he had said they were walking the dog off leash and apparently did not know he was a car chaser,the vet was a little upset also.This really makes you see things though and how careful you have to be with our babies,i went through that with Bandit and seeing his lifeless body on the table has scared me the rest of my like,when i think of Bandit i remember that horrible day before anything good.This just goes to show it is so important to Leash or beloved ones!!!!!

CathyBogart
04-22-2006, 11:26 AM
That's so sad. :( Poor pup...I hope he is okay and that his owners take this lesson to heart.

Mike and I were chased by an enormous dog while on a motorcycle yesterday, and I was so furious with the dog's owners for not having it leashed. Not only could the dog be killed, but if he caught up to us while we weren't going fast and knocked the bike over WE could be killed also. :(

ashleycat
04-22-2006, 11:57 AM
poor doggy and owners. You can't fully trust an unleashed dog. Hubby let Charlie out once and I got scared he was going to run off an I'd never find him. He didn't get far tg.

zoomer
04-22-2006, 12:12 PM
That is very sad :( I sure hope the dog is all right it would really suck to have a puppy die :(

Lori Jordan
04-22-2006, 12:21 PM
Sometimes it takes these tragedies to happen for people to realize how bad things can get loosing a dog to old age and a illness is one thing but for something tragic like this i think is a bit harder i lost many dogs to old age and lasy year loosing Bandit to a hit and run was so much Harder,i hope the little guy is ok too....I'll keep you posted!

lute
04-22-2006, 02:11 PM
poor thing! i hope he makes it! :( i don't understand why people let their dogs off leash that close to a busy road! :mad: too bad some people have to learn the hard way....and an animal has to suffer because of it. :mad: :(

bckrazy
04-22-2006, 03:13 PM
That's so sad :(... the puppy's owners were obviously ignorant, but I'm sure they're beating themselves up now for their carelessness. I hope he makes it, poor little guy. It's amazing how quickly a dog can dart in front of a passing car, even a dog that has been trustworthy for years! It's obvious that walking near roads off leash in is NO way worth risking your dogs life.

I saw a neighbors 2 very obedient GSD's run across the street and get hit by a car when they were being walked off-leash, right in front of me. ;/ The suburbs and the city are just very unsafe places for any unleashed dog.

Vette
04-22-2006, 04:39 PM
The suburbs and the city are just very unsafe places for any unleashed dog.

Any place where theres a road is unsafe...
we found that out the hardway...... we live out in boone docks 15 miles away from town. and little to no traffic on the road back then,, and still my dog got hit by a car. i was pretty little at the time and it was really hard because i didnt understand why my dog wouldnt 'wake up'. luckily our house cant be seen from the road so none of us seen it happen.

beeniesmom
04-22-2006, 07:42 PM
Disturbing:
Don't really know what happened. The text you wrote in is so small.... I can't see it.

k9krazee
04-22-2006, 07:45 PM
Thats very sad :(

WarahGirl1995
04-22-2006, 07:58 PM
poor thing, i hate to think they could have provented this from just putting on a leash