PDA

View Full Version : A New Addition to the family.

rg_girlca
04-21-2006, 08:06 PM
YUP, that's right, I received another cat tonight. :D
To make a long story short, he is a ragdoll mix, 8 months old and named Dennis. :rolleyes: I am not crazy about that name, so I have re-named him.
The woman who first had him, is named Liz. She got him from a farm when he was about 6-8 weeks old. The past two months he has developed behavioral problems by pooping in the house. He was fixed last month and had his shots. He has been checked by a vet and he couldn't find anything wrong. He says it is behavorial. Sooooo Liz's hubby has had enough, (he doesn't like the cat anyways), and told Liz that she had 24 hours to find another home for him or he was going to take the cat in the car and drop him off in another neighbourhood. She knows my love for cats, so gave me a call.
I told her to bring Dennis over. I got some Feliway spray today in hopes that will do the trick. He has been here now for about an hour and a half, pooped and pp'd in the litter box, ate & drank, played with some toys and gave me a whole lot of lovins and big time PPPUUURRRSSSS!!!!
It was hard to get some good pictures as he wouldn't keep still. All in due time.

Okay, okay that is enough about Dennis. On with the pictures in the next post. :)

rg_girlca
04-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Okay folks, like I said, I was not crazy about the name Dennis.
Sooooooo I would like you to meet................................

..........................................NUGGET.. .......................................

In honor of Gary's beloved boy.

Note Gary's catnip mouse in front of him. Also note the little bandana that Liz put on him. :)
http://prettykatie.zoto.com/img/45/05448f48af5847e9cf0357cedfe638b9-.jpg

This is Nugget having a field day with the mouse.
http://prettykatie.zoto.com/img/45/746871450872e2ad34b9ac28b16f4325-.jpg

Time out to eat.
http://prettykatie.zoto.com/img/45/7834b97350568497ba3045a16ef74876-.jpg

prechrswife
04-21-2006, 08:14 PM
He is a beautiful cat! Congratulations! :)

rg_girlca
04-21-2006, 08:16 PM
Ohhhhhh "What is over there that I see"
http://prettykatie.zoto.com/img/45/14de4ff232e3b2c023e8a7c25ca60904-.jpg

Soon sweetie, soon you will get to meet some of the other boys. :D
http://prettykatie.zoto.com/img/45/65f8a4d80e92bfa9ad34a30b628691c2-.jpg

I will be bringing him to my vets to have some blood tests done, before I start with the introductions.

I hope you enjoyed our new addition, Nugget. :D

Prairie Purrs
04-21-2006, 08:17 PM
He's gorgeous! Those little painted toes are just adorable! :D

I'm willing to bet that his behavioral problems were triggered by the nasty hubby's dislike of him. :mad:

rg_girlca
04-21-2006, 08:21 PM
I'm willing to bet that his behavioral problems were triggered by the nasty hubby's dislike of him. :mad:

That's what I was thinking also, because apparently the hubby would kick the cat away from him or pick him up and throw him. :mad:
He never wanted another cat in the first place as they have one already plus a Great Dane.

One thing for sure, Nugget will NOT be kicked or thrown ever again.

AbbyMom
04-21-2006, 08:42 PM
He's beautiful! I'm so glad you're giving him a good home.

That's what I was thinking also, because apparently the hubby would kick the cat away from him or pick him up and throw him.

TIME FOR A NEW HUSBAND FOR LIZ!

Catty1
04-21-2006, 08:51 PM
You're right about the new husband, AbbyMom.

Liz should just take him to a FAR AWAY neighbourhood, blindfolded, and drop him off. Preferably where everyone else speaks fluent Martian.

What a beautiful little Nugget of gold! So happy he can still be so loving!

Catty1

rg_girlca
04-21-2006, 09:12 PM
I know exactly how you feel about the hubby people. I had a few choice names for him myself. :mad:

Thanks for your lovely comments on Nugget. :)

trayi52
04-21-2006, 09:49 PM
So glad to see Nugget has a home with you. He sure is a beautiful boy!

Your right, that hubby needed to be the one took to a very bad neighborhood and thrown from a car very hard while driving 70 or 80!

Welcome to Pet Talk, Nugget, and Welcome to your brand new wonderful, loving home at last!

Willie :)

G535
04-21-2006, 10:21 PM
He's gorgeous, hope your other guys like him too! :)

As for the hubby, what I think of people like him is not printable!

CatLuvrs
04-21-2006, 10:45 PM
That's what I was thinking also, because apparently the hubby would kick the cat away from him or pick him up and throw him. :mad:
He never wanted another cat in the first place as they have one already plus a Great Dane.

One thing for sure, Nugget will NOT be kicked or thrown ever again.

O that is so mean. My ex hubby threw our kitten into a field and he was an butt. No more of him though.....Poor nugget our Max is Maxamillion Nugget McKinney :cool:

shais_mom
04-21-2006, 10:52 PM
what a CUTIE!
Love the new Name -
Hugs to you for rescuing him!

Sevaede
04-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Okay folks, like I said, I was not crazy about the name Dennis.
Sooooooo I would like you to meet................................

..........................................NUGGET.. .......................................

In honor of Gary's beloved boy.

Note Gary's catnip mouse in front of him. Also note the little bandana that Liz put on him. :)
http://prettykatie.zoto.com/img/45/05448f48af5847e9cf0357cedfe638b9-.jpg

This is Nugget having a field day with the mouse.
http://prettykatie.zoto.com/img/45/746871450872e2ad34b9ac28b16f4325-.jpg

Time out to eat.
http://prettykatie.zoto.com/img/45/7834b97350568497ba3045a16ef74876-.jpg

AWW! Thank you for adopting him and giving him the love he deserves!

You know, there really should be a law on things so sickeningly cute. ;)

luvofallhorses
04-21-2006, 11:22 PM
what a sweetheart! :) Congrats!! :D

jazzcat
04-21-2006, 11:30 PM
Lorraine! :eek: :eek: Your heart is just soooo big! How sweet of you to take in this poor, handsome guy. I love name Nugget, much better than Dennis. Maybe that was why he was pooping inapporiately, LOL! :D

Congrats on the newest member! I hope the introductions go smoothly. Please have the camera standing by.

krazyaboutkatz
04-22-2006, 01:32 AM
Congrats on your new addition Lorraine!!!:D He's adorable and I love his name too.:) I'm so glad that your friend knew where to find him a new loving forever home. I'm also glad that he's far away from your friend's terrible husband.

I hope that the introductions go smoothly and that Nugget has a very happy and healthy life ahead of him. I look forward to hearing more about him and seeing many more pictures of him:)

Killearn Kitties
04-22-2006, 03:53 AM
Well that was a surprise! You are a cat magnet! :D Nugget is gorgeous!
I love the picture of your boys at the door!

jenluckenbach
04-22-2006, 05:18 AM
NUGGET

How wonderful to have you as a new addition to pet talk. :D You are beautiful (and big!?) Those little brown polka dots on your white toes is A-DOR-ABLE!

I am so happy for you Lorraine. Nothing more special than a new family member. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}

OH! And I just love those curious faces looking into the room at Nugget.

Sonia59
04-22-2006, 05:37 AM
Nugget, you are gorgeous and I love your new name! :D Welcome on PT and in your new family! :) :)

DJFyrewolf36
04-22-2006, 05:56 AM
Awww!! What a cutie you are Nugget!! I cant beleive that someone could be mean to you!

I'm so glad you could give this cutie a home! Its stories like this that makes me darn glad I married a guy who loves kitties!

catnapper
04-22-2006, 07:18 AM
Wow, I almost fell out of my char this morning!

A new kitty for Lorraine?!?! How utterly exciting and wonderful. I'm sure the boys will love their new brother. And I'm sure he'll just flourish in a home where he doesn't have to fear being physically hurt ever again.

The rewards of offering your home to him will be plentiful as you have this marvelous cat to love and cherish for many years to come.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-22-2006, 08:15 AM
When I first saw the title of the thread, I thought of how everyone always fools us with titles so I thought "Hmmm...wonder if her son is getting married or something?" Never really thinking you would have gotten another kitty!

He is absolutely ADORABLE, and I, too, love his little painted toesies. :D I also love the picture with the other boys watching outside the window to see what the newbie is doing. :D :D

Congratulations on your new home, Nugget! And Lorraine, thanks again for having such a big heart. :D

QueenScoopalot
04-22-2006, 08:42 AM
He's soooo handsome Lorraine! :eek: I'm glad you got him away from that jacka** husband before he did something we'd all want to kill him for. Nugget is a fitting name for that Snuggy Nug! :) ;) :D

kb2yjx
04-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Wishes for much happiness with your NUGGET!!! Gary will be so happy that you named him after a dear Porchie!!! Many happy years!!!

rosethecopycat
04-22-2006, 09:41 AM
Look at those OREO toes!

I'm sure he can overcome his inappropriate elimination problems.
Keep him in a small room, alone, so he can develop good habits and don't rush it.

He's going to be a great boy!

:D

Barbara
04-22-2006, 09:44 AM
Nugget is a gorgeous and wonderful boy.
Of course I also thought that he had his way of showing hubby what he thought of him ;)

catmandu
04-22-2006, 09:46 AM
Nugget Angel is so pleased taht he has a Little Cta named after him,thathes going around the Mandarin Buffet making a Party Bag up for You and Your Cats.
I cannot express how touched I am ,by your Kind Thoughts and Thank You Very Much.
This means more to me than I can say.
We are so pleased to see Nugget playing with the Mouse.
I think that Your Nugget is One Gorgeous Cat.
And I know that My Nugget will love being His Guardian Cat Angel.
Merci Beaucoups from The Found Cats,Porchies and Myself.

rg_girlca
04-22-2006, 01:46 PM
I knew this would please you Gary. When Liz brought Dennis to me, I took one look at him and thought, "Nugget". This beautiful boy will have the perfect Guardian Angel to look after him. One of Gary's Angels. Can't get much better than that. :D

Your right, that hubby needed to be the one took to a very bad neighborhood and thrown from a car very hard while driving 70 or 80!

:eek: Dear sweet, caring, loveable Willie. I never knew you had it in you girl. ;)

Rosethecopycat, Nugget is in a small room and knock on wood, he hasn't missed the litterbox yet. :) The intro's will be done slowly. It would be different if he had to meet 1 or 2 cats, but to meet 5, is going to be a big step for him. Oh I hope, I hope, this will work out.

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments on Nugget. :D

tricollie4me
04-22-2006, 01:50 PM
He's such a beauty! I hope everything goes well for him as he meets his sib-kitties.

orangemm
04-22-2006, 02:06 PM
Bless you for rescuing this gorgeous guy! What a beautiful boy he is, and I agree "Dennis" was not the name for him. And that *&^%$#@! so-called man was probably the crux of the problem.

Nugget, sweetie, you are in a good and happy place, safe from harmful people. You don't ever have to worry again!

Keep us posted as to his first days and progress.

(He was probably scared to go into the litterbox, poor thing)

I wish I had such pretty fingers and toes!!! :D

moosmom
04-22-2006, 02:43 PM
What a beautiful boy he is!! Your friend's husband is a jerk! :mad: All your friend had to do was isolate him in a room by himself with a litterbox, food and water. He would've gotten the idea. Glad you came to his rescue. Your friend needs a backbone.

catmandu
04-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Thank You Lorraine for naming taht Wonderful Kitty after me.
I wish taht I had you as My Meowmie.
I would have never had to spend a night in the Cold,and I would have known where my Next Meal was coming from.
The Porch was nice,and I appreciated the Food and Shelter.
I am Happy knowing that Nugget will never know that awful feeling.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture964.jpg
And I will be the Best Guardian Angel
EVER!
Thank You Again
Nugget Angel

Jayna78
04-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Nugget is adorable! What a shame that the first few months of his life were not as happy as he deserved them to be. It's a shame some people treat animals that way. I know Nugget will be happy in his new home! He already looks like he's been there the whole time. :)

orangemm
04-23-2006, 07:27 AM
So, how is Nugget doing today? Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

smokey the elder
04-23-2006, 08:00 AM
Aww, Nugget, aren't you the cutie patootie? I just want to kiss those toesies! xoxoxo

RedHedd
04-23-2006, 10:25 AM
God bless you for taking that cutie in. Nugget is a wonderful name for him. Ooh those TOES! I could gobble them up, they're SO cute! Do keep us posted and let us know how the introductions go. More pictures! :)

rg_girlca
04-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Thank you Gary's Nugget for being the Guardian Angel to watch over my Nugget. He is going to need you on Monday when he has his blood tests.

Nugget is doing well and you can see an update on him here;
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=103457

momcat
04-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Well, hello there Nugget, and welcome to PT. You sure are one gorgeous kitty! There's nothing for you to worry about ever again. Your new furever family will love you and care for you more than you ever dreamed possible. Not only that, they will protect you and keep you safe... nobody will ever hurt you again! I hope to see more pictures and hear more about you very soon. Scritchies and tummy rubs just for you, Nugget!

PS: Can we round up a few large football players who will be willing to use "hubby" for place kicking practice?

lisalee
04-23-2006, 06:07 PM
Bless you for adopting this beautiful boy and saving his life. Nugget is just so handsome! He looks like a real sweetheart and I would just love to to give him a big hug. :)

orangemm
04-24-2006, 04:15 AM
Looks like somebody ;) needs a new siggy!

Don Juan's mom
04-24-2006, 10:25 AM
He's beautiful! I'm so glad you're giving him a good home.

TIME FOR A NEW HUSBAND FOR LIZ!

I'm not that Liz, but my I once had a hellacious fight with my boyfriend, and he went after Don Juan (who was too fast for him :D ). You will notice that I have Don Juan, but the boyfriend is out of the picture.

Liz

icedtea
04-24-2006, 08:23 PM
mum says 1 of the reasons she liked my dad was becoz he loved animals. I am so glad that your new kitty is out of his old house. Did you say there's another cat living at your kitty's old house, btter watch out for it!

rg_girlca
04-24-2006, 09:27 PM
Looks like somebody ;) needs a new siggy!

LOL!!! Yes, that is true. I will have to capture a decent picture of Nugget first in order for that to happen. If he keeps still long enough. :rolleyes:

Momcat, :eek: I didn't know you had it in you. ;)

Icetea, they have had the other cat for years and he is mostly an outside cat and the hubby likes him.

Thank you all for your lovely comments on Nugget. :)

zippy-kat
04-24-2006, 11:39 PM
http://prettykatie.zoto.com/img/45/65f8a4d80e92bfa9ad34a30b628691c2-.jpg

Ok, so I'm a little late to the thread but CONGRATS to the new furkid on landing in one of the best homes possible! :D

And that photo just cracks me up! lol

dukedogsmom
04-25-2006, 02:21 AM
He's adorable! Do you think he might be a Snowhshoe? Sort of reminds me of them. What a cutie. I hope he feels better soon.

Laura's Babies
04-26-2006, 10:02 PM
I go away for 4 little weeks and missed this BIG announcement? WOW! This is great! Wonderful! He is one lucky kitty boy to have lucked up and got in your house and what a stunning handsome boy Nugget IS! WOW! I am in awe of your luck of having him land in your lap so easy. Lucky YOU, lucky Nugget!

I was also going to say I bet the hubby was mistreating him and that was the reason for him forming that bad habit, it is the only way Nugget had to express his misery. Who ever that Bas**** was, he better be glad he wasn't my husband.. He would have been thrown out and the cat would be replacing him in my bed!

rg_girlca
04-26-2006, 10:08 PM
He is quite the doll, isn't he. Such a love bug.

Thanks for all your lovely comments.

DDM, I thought also that he had Snowshoe in him, but who knows.

One vet said he is a mix of Ragdoll & Birman and another one said Ragdoll & Chocolate Point. :rolleyes:

Laura's Babies
04-26-2006, 11:27 PM
Whatever he is, he is a mighty handsome HUNKA HUNKA BOY!

petslover
04-30-2006, 08:01 PM
I am glad that you directed to me to this thread. He is GORGEOUS! I just love his paws. how cute! He looks soo cuddly. He is so lucky to have you.

animal_rescue
04-30-2006, 08:26 PM
Aww he is absolutely adorable!!

christa
05-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Very handsome guy! I love his little toes!

kittycats_delight
11-18-2006, 05:46 AM
Sorry for bumping up this thread but Lorraine was kind enough to forward me the link on Nugget and I had to reply now seeing as I missed it while I was gone. Nugget is a doll and those eyes ohhhh those eyes. I am so glad you got a peacekeeper back in your home Lorraine I believe Nugget was a special delivery via Katie. That Katie knew her brothers needed someone to get them back into their rightful place and Nugget was the right kitty for the job. What a smart girl huh?

I think Liz's hubby needs a swift kick and I am not saying where to either. I am soooo glad my hubby is an aminal freak like me and if my Vixen wasn't felv+ then the house would be full. I know several times we have seen cats outside here (as all cats live outside here it is rare to see an indoor cat at all whether it is purebred or not) and both he and I have to restrain ourselves as we want them inside with us where they would be treated like the regal creatures they are. ooops sorry again I kinda got side tracked there.

Back on the topic Nugget is purrfect and you are a lucky lady to be owned by such a beautiful clan of kitties. :D

Killearn Kitties
11-18-2006, 07:05 AM
Oh, what a dissapointment. When I saw this thread, I thought it concerned Sweetpea and P-Pod! :D :D :D

Jayna78
11-18-2006, 04:45 PM
That's so great that you were able to give that sweet, beautiful boy a home. Love his markings - he reminds me of my sweet Claudia! :) He's so adorable and deserving of a good home.

catmandu
11-18-2006, 06:51 PM
And Nugget Angel and The Pet Angels are visting Lorraine and Cats on the 22nd, and Nugget Angel has something special in mind for his namesake.
Something delicous that Nugget will LOVE!
And so will everyone at the Soiree'.

Craftlady
11-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Congradulations on the new addition to the family :)

catcrazylady
11-19-2006, 10:23 AM
Lorraine at the rate your going you will be caught up with me very soon! ;) :D

He is absolutely stunning! What a gorgeous, handsome, hunk of cat! Its such a shame about his background but what a blessing he got when he found you. My guess is that his behavior problems stem from a very unhappy home life. Poor baby. Isn't it amazing though how loving these abused animals are? They are so non judgmental and are willing to love and trust again.

I love the shot of the "boys" looking in on the newcomer. Too cute! :D