PDA

View Full Version : I Found A Picture Of Layla!!!

Suki Wingy
04-21-2006, 07:25 PM
Yes, that now brings the number of known photos of Layla to a whopping 6!!
I think this has got to be one of the best of her, the way I remember her. My mom just came back from a bike ride about 4 miles long and she's not even panting. From what I can tell, her toes were pretty loose and splayed but she had pretty ok conformation, surprising!
This is a cropped digital picture of it because I keep forgetting to bring it to school to scan, because that requires special caution and a padded purse shaped just right for pictures that never comes off me. I had a really good picture just like this but really clear and in color and I brought it to school to scan in 7th grade and lost it so now I'm paranoid.
http://longfellow.zoto.com/img/original/927b40a146c0931bad80ab09dcc0d119.jpg
judging from the jack o' lanern this was only about a month before we surrendered her.
I love and miss my girl, it's been 6 1/2 years since I've seen her. :(

Roxyluvsme13
04-21-2006, 07:28 PM
Aww, what really happened to Layla?
Anyways, she is a beautiful girl! :)

Suki Wingy
04-21-2006, 07:44 PM
Thanks. Layla got me hooked on dals and hopefully in about 10 years started a legacy of healthy, amazing dual purpose dals.
Here's from her Dogster:
We had Layla from late June to the day after Thanksgiving in November, 1999. She is a black and white Dalmatian, probably from a BYBer. Her left eye is brown, and her right eye is blue, which means she is odd-eyed! We got her at the Anti Cruelty Society in Chicago, where we had come to look for a new dog shortly after giving Clark back. She was so scared and huddled in the corner of her cage, which we now know is the first sign of a troubled dog. At that time, her being scared is what made us pick her, that and the people passing by her yelling things like " Hey look at that blind dog, I don't want IT!" But she wasn't blind, just odd-eyed, and maybe short of hearing, like a lot of Dals. A couple months after we brought her home, Layla's problems started showing. She was a fear biter and had horrible separation anxiety. She would lunge out and snap at everyone on the street because she was so afraid. I feel so bad for Layla, because the one thing she was so afraid of; being left somewhere, is what we did. =*( My parents of course made the final decsision.

I was 9 when we had her but stil...

Giselle
04-21-2006, 07:53 PM
Goodness, she was a pretty little thing. We all make mistakes from lack of knowledge and experience. Now that you have Nino and because you're older, you know how to control the behaviors that she was displaying. You shouldn't feel bad. You tried to give her a chance. As a matter of fact, I made plenty of terrible mistakes with Lucky, but that's an entirely different topic. Layla was a beauty and I'm sure things will be better the next time around. :)

Alysser
04-21-2006, 08:02 PM
:( What a pretty girl Layla was. I'm sorry you had to give her away.