PDA

View Full Version : Do You Sing To Your Dog(s)?

elizabethann
04-21-2006, 03:33 PM
Okay, I'm bored. Do any of you sing to your dog(s)? Here is the song I sing to Fenway:

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
You make me happy, when sky's are gray.
You'll never know dear, how much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away.

:D

Lori Jordan
04-21-2006, 03:36 PM
Funny you mention that i sing that to Lacy all the time but sing "Please don't take my Lacy away" its cute she cuddles everytime i sing it to her.

elizabethann
04-21-2006, 03:39 PM
Funny you mention that i sing that to Lacy all the time but sing "Please don't take my Lacy away" its cute she cuddles everytime i sing it to her.

AAAAAAWWW...that's so sweet. Fenway just looks away. Perhaps it's my singing he doesn't like? :eek: :D

senorita02
04-21-2006, 03:56 PM
I sing to my dogs all day long, i make up songs though and/or use a real song and just add there names in , they love it! LOL

Dixieland Dancer
04-21-2006, 03:58 PM
I sing that same song to both of mine along with a variety of others. In the winter it's Dusty the snowman (my own word version) since he loves the cold! Dixie usually gets "She's a Dixie Dawgie Doodle" to Yankee doodle. I love to sing to the dogs.... they look at me like I'm weird and they love me anyway! LOL

Roxyluvsme13
04-21-2006, 04:01 PM
Oh gosh.:rolleyes: YES I sing to them. I used to sing the cat to sleep with the lion king theme, and I sing to Lily and Roxy all the time. Roxy always likes my singing, even though I sound horrible!

pitc9
04-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Okay, I'm bored. Do any of you sing to your dog(s)? Here is the song I sing to Fenway:

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
You make me happy, when sky's are gray.
You'll never know dear, how much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away.

:D

I sing the same song!!! :D

Muddy4paws
04-21-2006, 04:15 PM
My mum sings to my dogs all the time.. I think the weirdest one would be "you sexy thing" :D :p but you didnt hear that :p Im sure my lab gets embarrased, she puts her head down and looks up at you as if shes getting shy its so sweet :)

IRescue452
04-21-2006, 05:28 PM
Not really, I only say Auty Pauty in a sing song manner when I'm trying to coax her to do something she doesn't want to. I sing the easter song "Sonny the bunny" to my cat. I used to sing that to him all the time when I was like 5 and I still do sometimes to get his attention.

chocolatecoffee
04-21-2006, 06:04 PM
ALL of the time! I sing, "You are my Sunshine" to Panna mostly since her name was apparently Sunshine before we go her (besides the fact she didn't respond to it, we thought that she might be deaf initially :p), so I think it's extra cute. I sing lullabies to all three of them at night and sometimes I'll just randomly dance with them and sing (Panna hates to dance with her feet on the floor, but when I pick her up she puts one paw on each shoulder and just looks at me with those beautiful eyes).

Yep, definitely normal :D.

Misty_Pearl
04-21-2006, 06:24 PM
Pearl gets the old song
Pearl, Pearl, Pearl;
You are a lovely girl....
(instead of Don't you marry Lester Flatt) Don't you play with that darn cat,
(instead of He won't hold you on his lap) Cause your ears she will bat,
(instead of Come and be Mrs. Earl Scruggs) Come and play with Java, Java Jo...

Java by the way is her best friend - a dog I puppysit from time to time.

She also gets the old song
Froggie went a courtin and he did ride- uh huh, uh huh
Froggie went a courtin and he did ride with sword and pistol by his side - uh huh, uh huh
He went up to ms. mousies door etc....

My pappy (grandpa) sung these old songs all the time and they kind of got passed down to me...

Vette
04-21-2006, 07:52 PM
Um... nope i dont sing to my dog.
i sometimes sing in the shower though. 'sometimes'
its rate though becasue i know i cant carry a note to save my life. LOL

Suki Wingy
04-21-2006, 07:53 PM
yes, they get random blurts of whatever is in my head with words replaced with Niņo, Oslo, goodboy, poopface, faceyface, etc.

lute
04-21-2006, 08:20 PM
oh yeah! i'm a singer!

Beanie's song is "hey beanie yer so fine! yer so fine you blow my mind! hey beanie, hey beanie!" :o

Gracie's is "GRAAAAAAACIE! you are my purdy girly GRAAAAAAACIE!"

:o

Sevaede
04-21-2006, 09:32 PM
Oh yeah! :D It's a mixture of made up songs and songs whose words I've replaced with my own set. :D

trayi52
04-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Huh, well, if I sang to my dogs, they would probably both run away from home, never to return! So to keep peace with my two Chihuahuas (and Cats) I'll just hum.

Willie :D

wolfsoul
04-21-2006, 10:12 PM
I sing alot of different songs to Visa, but I sing this one most:

La la lu

La la lu

Oh, my little star sweeper

I'll sweep the stardust for you

La la lu

La la lu

Little soft fluffy sleeper

Here comes a pink cloud for you

La la lu

La la lu

Little wandering angel

Fold up your wings, close your eyes

La la lu

La la lu

La la lu

And may love be your keeper

La la lu

La la lu

La la lu

Pembroke_Corgi
04-22-2006, 08:08 AM
Awww, I love everyone's songs for their pets. :)

Eric makes up songs for the pets all the time, it's really funny. Sometimes he will use a song on the radio or one we know and make the words about the pets. Like, the Gwen Stefani song, "If I Were a Rich Girl," he made into "If I were a Rich Corg," haha it was so funny, I can't remember exactly how he changed all the words but it was cute. :)

I sometimes do that too, "You are my Sunshine," I change too "You are my Corgi" or "You are my Delski." (One of Adele's nicknames). Likewise with "Hit the Road, Jack," it's "Hit the road, Corg" or "Hit the road, Dell." :p