PDA

View Full Version : Axle escaped again

king2005
04-21-2006, 12:19 PM
I woke up this morning & did my usual. I then went to wash up in the bathroom & stepped on Axles hard Spiky tail!! I almost screamed as I wasn't 100% awake yet hehehe

So ya, that explains why the fishroom door was open, when I swore I closed it (there is no latch, it just closes). I think I'm going to just set up a pen in the fishroom & buy the smaller pond. that will give him a 120gal of water (he doesn't swim anymore, he likes walking to much) & I nice place to run about when I'm not home. so I'm going to go & buy that 150.00 used vat this weekend! & build the pen!

Rose is letting me use Cyrus' old dog kennel as a pen for when he out front basking.. It means I don't have to chase him all over as the front is SUPER tiny!!

Muddy4paws
04-21-2006, 06:18 PM
What is Axel? sorry if that sounds weird but I was just curious, Im glad hes safe and ok now though :)

dab_20
04-21-2006, 06:53 PM
What is Axel? sorry if that sounds weird but I was just curious, Im glad hes safe and ok now though :)

I'm pretty sure he's the turtle/tortise in king2005's sig.

I think that would scare the crap out of me if I just woke up! lol... I sure bet he'll be happy with that new pen!

king2005
04-21-2006, 07:01 PM
Axle is a 30 pound common snapping turtle. I think hes loose again, as I heard a loud thud hehe silly boy!

Muddy4paws
04-24-2006, 09:28 AM
Is this really stupid of me for not knowing that a turtle had a tail? I guess I've never see one up close before! :o :confused:

king2005
04-24-2006, 10:33 AM
Is this really stupid of me for not knowing that a turtle had a tail? I guess I've never see one up close before! :o :confused:

All turtle have tails.. some just have super tiny tails, so they are easy to miss. Snappers have massive tails.