PDA

View Full Version : German Shepherd Puppy

BAG
04-21-2006, 10:36 AM
I have a 10 week old German Shepherd puppy. I gave him his first Heartworm Preventive pill and he threw up after 6hrs. The Vet gave him another one.

He doesnt eat much either, at the maximum he eats 2 cups of food in the whole day. He drinks sufficient water though.

Is this normal?? Should I be worried for Parvo or Heartworm or anything???

pitc9
04-21-2006, 01:41 PM
You vet should have tested for all of those things. You should make sure to take him back to the vet if things don't change!

lvpets2002
04-21-2006, 02:07 PM
:) I agree with Angie = you need your Vet to answer your questions & have all the test done.. For sure take your baby back to the vet..

labmomma
04-23-2006, 08:55 AM
I'd get him to the vet and have him checked over thoroughly. Blood work should indicate any problems. What kind of puppy chow are you feeding him. My girlfriend has a year old shepherd that didn't eat much at all considering she's right at 100 pounds. My friend changed dog food and Heidi has an appetite for the first time. I hope all goes well for you and your puppy.
Donna

lv4dogs
04-24-2006, 09:05 AM
A heartworm test won't do any good until the dog is at least 6 months of age. Parvo test can be done but they usually aren't unless you suspect the dog has parvo.

Is this just one isolated case of vomiting or is it happening quite often?

I wouldn't worry too much if it was just this once. If it is happening often I'd get him right to the vets.

What type of food are you feeding? If it's a decent brand I wouldn't worry too much about that either, he's probably still adjusting and 2 cups of a decent food should be sufficient anyways for his size.

How has he been?