PDA

View Full Version : Say a little prayer ..

ozgrrl
04-30-2002, 10:00 PM
Well, what can I say? I only posted my very first message here a week ago and little did I know what was to happen by the end of that week!
I suppose I can start by saying that Derik (my hubby) and I had one of the very worst and saddest past 5 days that I can ever remember........ One of my very worst nightmares came true on Thursday 25th April and I have been beside myself with distress ever since. I cant remember the last time I cried so much..heres the story.....

On thursday afternoon at about 3 30pm...., our babies Clawd Raymond (he was pet of the day february 1st 2002) and Cobba "Stevie" got severely 'spooked' by a freak noise outside, and for the first time ever took off with fright and flew right out the open back door. (they were both due to be clipped!!)
Derik and I were panicking SO HARD and we were freaking out and looking and searching, running madly through our block of apartments and streets for them and searching the sky......only to watch sadly as they both got taken by the strong winds and drifted high up into the sky and out of our sight both heading in two separate directions.......
We were out until 8:30pm looking, searching, calling to them, crying and weeping, gawd it was (and still is!!) so hard, I am so upset and I am beside myself!!!
So we made up some posters on the computer straight away.....went around everywhere within a 5- 6 block distance and put them all up, I must've made 60-70 copies, enough until my ink ran out!!!! We were just, praying and just hoping that they were safe somewhere. We felt so lost!! I think we have done everything we can........there is a listing in the newspaper for all this week I put it in straight away. I called every humane society there is here and I even contacted all the radio stations about it all.....am I crazy? Probably!! But I dont care, I am just going to do anything I can.........

On friday midmorning when we were out placing up even more posters we got done at a local printing company....we got a 'break' with one of the birds (it was Clawd Raymond) and we got a call from the local 7/11 (funnily enough we were on our way to that very area before we headed out to buy a pair of binoculas) ....well apparently the day before (thursay arvo)a man had left his number at the shop on Thursday afternoon saying he found a green bird if anyone knew of it. The people at the shop didnt know of anyone at that time, but then by friday a lady walked into the shop (she was the manager) with one of our posters that we had put around the streets andthought she woulld like to put it at the shop for us (that in my eyes was a thoughtful / beautiful thing to do) well, the guy at the shop said..hey give them a call because a guy came in yesterday and said he found one!!! So, they called us on Friday around noon, and derik answered his cell..i could tell by his tears that he had some "good" news...so we went to the shop...but alas, the guy had LOST the number the guy left us!!! OOOoooohhhhh we were heartbroken again.
So, by then Derik said, "hey, lets ring up the newspaper again to see if anyone put in a "found" ad".....so we did and guess what? Someone had!! IT said a large parakeet found....so we called the number and guess what? ... the man had been kind enough to hand him to the humane society..thank goodness. And we had Clawd Raymond back in our arms on Friday night. His wings are now TOTALLY clipped!!!
More ....

ozgrrl
04-30-2002, 10:00 PM
continued......

But..... one of our little 'babies' is still out there lost and I am so upset. I just can't believe this has happened. And I guess it is really hard for some to understand the connection we had with our birds, but bird luvvers and animal luvvers will know how devastated we are!

I guess I shall just pray that someone has him safe and sound, then sees my plees for help on my posted signs. I am astounded at the amount of people who have called just to try to help out......I am very greatful!! But I will be so much better once I have Cobba here snuggling with me again. I just cannot function properly this week..I dont want to leave home, I just feel like I should be out looking more..i dunno......its just aweful. I feel absolutely helpless.......and sitting here litening to "Rayboy" waffling off makes me feel glad to have him home butl sad that it is almost as if he missed cobba too.....*sigh*

So, for all you who think that the impossible will never happen....please clip those wings as a "just in case". And say a litle prayer that Cobba makes it home safe soon....

ozgrrl
04-30-2002, 10:03 PM
Here is a little pic of the little sweetie!

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-30-2002, 10:08 PM
I am so sorry to hear about poor Cobba...:( . I will definatelly remember you and your family in my prayers.... and I will be praying that you will have some peace untill Cobba makes it home safe and sound.

zippy-kat
04-30-2002, 10:11 PM
My goodness {{hugs}}!!!

My old roomate lost her 'Scoobie' the exact same way.

Don't lose hope--don't ever lose hope! We've had stories on Pet Talk where the animal showed up MONTHS later. There is a chance the birdie will make his way back to you!

{{hugs}}
You are in my thoughts and prayers!

luckies4me
04-30-2002, 10:16 PM
Oh how sad!:( I am so sorry for you. I hope you get your birdy back. It is a very beautiful birsy. I will be praying for you.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-01-2002, 03:12 PM
I'm glad you got Clawd Raymond home safe. I remember his being Pet of the Day. I will keep you and your other baby in my prayers. I hope Cobba will be home safe and with you soon.:(

Logan
05-01-2002, 03:21 PM
Don't give up!! On a community I visit daily, I learned and read about a lady whose bird escaped, and she worried so much. But because of her efforts to make sure that every single pet store, person in the area knew about his escape, she eventually got him back. All because of a pet store employee who recognized the description of the bird when a man came in to buy a cage for a bird he found in the wild.....

Please keep looking for you little baby.. maybe you will get him home soon.. I do pray that you will. He is adorable.

As a new bird owner myself, I am hurting for you, just knowing how painful this whole situation must be. Please keep up your faith and don't stop looking....you never know. :)

AmberLee
05-01-2002, 03:32 PM
Fingers and paws crossed here. :( Don't give up hope!

Heather Wallace
05-02-2002, 06:23 AM
Please keep us updated on any news you get. Our htoughts are with you both.:(

Gio
05-02-2002, 06:41 AM
What a horrible experience. I will pray that you and your husband will be reunited with sweet Cobba soon. Please don't give up hope and keep us posted if you can.

ozgrrl
05-02-2002, 10:35 PM
Thank you!!

Even though the little baby has not made it home yet, I will never give up hope. We continue searching forhim every day.

Having a wonderfully supportive group like this helps to make it a 'little' easier.....a big {{{hug}}} to you all.
I shall keep you updated and let you know as soon as I have him back in my arms again.

And to Cobba ... "hang in there little cheeky ... I miss you":(

anna_66
05-03-2002, 07:53 AM
{{{{{{Hugs}}}}} You'll be in our prayers

sammi
05-03-2002, 03:28 PM
I will say a prayer for your baby that he gets home. Don't give up hope yet.

tatsxxx11
05-03-2002, 06:08 PM
Prayers that little Cobba will find his way home very soon!:( What a beautiful little birdie. This is so very sad. Please know that there are many, many animal lovers here who share your sadness and your hope!! Don't give up!!!! Be safe little Cobba until you are home again.

sasvermont
05-03-2002, 06:18 PM
I send to you, a special thought that your sweet birdie will return to you quickly. I am sure you will be anxious until he returns. I once lost a cat for months - then she showed up on a sidewalk, half alive. We managed to revive her and she lived to be 21. She had a tag on, but must have stayed to herself, only coming out when she was near the end. She was my first cat - escaped out a window, over a roof and down. My story had a good ending, as I hope yours will too!

Prayers and luck.

SAS

Sam's My Baby
05-04-2002, 01:34 PM
Im so sorry to hear that you lost your birdie:( I am sure he will turn up somwhere. My thoughts and prayers are with you always.

rg_girlca
05-05-2002, 12:25 PM
Oh ozgrrl, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your beautiful Cobba.

Sam's My Baby
05-08-2002, 05:33 PM
Any new news about him?:( :confused:

purrley
05-09-2002, 07:20 AM
Have you found Cobba yet. Your story is so heart breaking, I can imagine the anxiety and stress you must be having knowing you're sweet baby is out there somewhere unprotected. My prayers and good thoughts are with you in finding your sweet birdie.

tatsxxx11
05-10-2002, 02:36 PM
Yes, please let us know if you've had any news on Cobba:(

ozgrrl
05-12-2002, 04:34 PM
:(

Nothing as yet...I wish I did!

Sorry for not keeping you all up to date, I guess I have been busy catching up with all the things I totally ignored ever since that bad day happened.

I have a sneaking suspision that my baby is being held by someone. There is a poster that is up on a local well known street corner and I keep finding it pulled down!!! I put it up and no sooner have I done that, by night I check it....and it is torn down (How do I know? Because I found the remains of the posters in a bush nearby)
It is very frustrating, and I cannot say it is just some heartless litle punks who are doing this, bu it is in the very area I suspected he might be in. So I just keep calling out his name every time I walk by the 50 apartment block!

The other night I had a message on my answering machine that said...."I think I found your bird!!"....and that was it!! No more. Just the phone being placed back on the hook. Just that one message. If it is a prank, then that has to be bad karma to that person! Such a nasty trick....

Meanwhile, Clawd Raymond is a litle upset....he is happy and chatters away, but he has not yet recovered. I think he is upset at the loss of Cobba, as he keeps checking over towards his cage....so sad:(

But, once again....your concern and posts help me to never give in!!!

Thanx to all....
Gina

cavialova
05-12-2002, 08:02 PM
aww how mean of someone to prank call about that! good luck:( i sure hope he finds his way home. Cobba is so beautiful.:))

rg_girlca
05-12-2002, 11:08 PM
Oh ozgrrl, i was hopeing you would have some good news for us by now. So sorry to hear you haven't, but please don't give up hope just yet. When one of my cats went missing, after a month i gave up hope of ever seeing him again. Believe me when i say this,but after 48 days of him being missing, he turned up back home.
They were putting in new sewers around our area and we think he was lost in there. He came back in a very bad condition but we were able to nurse him back to health. That was about 12 years ago and he has since passed on.
So please don't give in just yet, you just never know.
My prayers are still with you and your beautiful featherbaby Cobba.
I also pray that you don't get any more of those stupid crank calls.
Try not to let them upset you, just pin it down to, like you said, street punks.
Take care

Gio
05-13-2002, 03:58 AM
Still keeping my fingers crossed for you all.