PDA

View Full Version : Aghha Corgi Puppy!

bckrazy
04-21-2006, 01:37 AM
My Corgi breeder sent me updated pics... OMFG, this has to be my favorite! =P She has a tummy just like Tucker! As you can tell, I'm just a little bit excited to get her.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/gonzoo/girly.jpg

Also... I just thought I'd stick this in here. My friend sent me this picture she had of a BC in rescue, who MUST be Gonzo's sibling! It's scary! Can you tell which is Gonzo? :p

buttercup132
04-21-2006, 06:36 AM
OMG AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Did she send anymore pictures for you to share with us?:D

Pembroke_Corgi
04-21-2006, 06:59 AM
She is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!! You are very lucky!! :D Do you have any more pictures???

I can't tell which one is Gonzo, I'm going to say the dog on the left? They do look a lot alike!

Daisy and Delilah
04-21-2006, 07:48 AM
Where is our cuteness overload warning??? ;) Could she be more adorable? I sent her picture to my kids so they can have a happy start to their day :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-21-2006, 08:28 AM
She's adorable!

The second attachment pic is definitely Gonzo :)

Pawsitive Thinking
04-21-2006, 08:34 AM
what a beauty

zoomer
04-21-2006, 10:44 AM
OMG he has to be the cuutttttttteeeeesssttt corgi pup I've ever seen!!

bckrazy
04-21-2006, 11:51 AM
Here are 2 more pics :) She's the one on the left, in the group shot! She has two blue eyes! They said she's a possible show puppy, so who knows what will happen with that.

About the Gonzo & lookalike, Gonzo is obviously the one in the flowers. ^^ But, seriously, it's scary! I showed my Mom and she didn't believe it was not Gonzo... it'd be really funny if I adopted that guy.

Husky_mom
04-21-2006, 12:00 PM
awww!!! so cute gal..........love her to pieces

i couldnt decide so i voted on the one with the flowers so my instinct was right LOL but they DO look a LOT alike!!

pwezzz more puppy pics!!

Lori Jordan
04-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Very Sweet!

dappledoxie
04-21-2006, 01:05 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwr she is sooooooooooooo cute!!! I can't wait to see more pictures of her she is just darling!!!

Giselle
04-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Oh good gawds, she's SO adorable!!!!! I can't wait to meet her!!!! Giselle definitely knew the second attachment was her Gonzy ;) What's her name going to be?

equinelover23
04-21-2006, 02:02 PM
O_O

Look at her! Aw, my goodness! She looks so squishy. :p And those stubby little legs are just the cutest. I will now be anxiously awaiting the day you get her, so we can see more pictures. :) By the way; those guys look like twins! :eek: I figured Gonzo was the one with the flowers... just because there were flowers. :rolleyes: But really, I couldn't tell the difference!

k9krazee
04-21-2006, 02:03 PM
She is ADORABLE!!!! :D :D How excititng!!

Suki Wingy
04-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Oh my god how adorable! I did NOT know you were getting a puppy!

bckrazy
04-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Thanks for all of the nice replies! :D

Trust me, I can't wait to see her either!!! I haven't decided on a name, I'd rather get to know her first. I have my options narrowed down to just 50 or so... hehe.

Giselle, of course you know which one is Gonzo! But their markings are like exact, down to the nose marking. I'd really like to meet him or just ask about his personality, I might e-mail a lady who fosters for BCRNC.

wolfsoul
04-21-2006, 07:45 PM
Aww, what a cutie! I can't wait until you get her!

Alysser
04-21-2006, 08:26 PM
OMFG! :eek: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! OMG! :eek:

Roxyluvsme13
04-21-2006, 09:50 PM
She's so cute!!!!!! :D I love her!! I may have to steal her when she gets home ;).

lute
04-21-2006, 09:56 PM
oh my gosh!!!! CUTENESS!!! waiting for a puppy is torture isn't it! :D

trayi52
04-21-2006, 10:10 PM
OMG!! What a little cute baby!!! How I would love to get my hands on her! I bet you can't wait until you can bring her home with you!

Willie :)

bckrazy
04-22-2006, 03:19 PM
thanks, again! ;0)

Yes, torture is a good word for the waiting! Gonzo had Flyball practice today, and he was wrestling with the little Cardi girl on our team (Mary)... it warmed my heart. Mary is super-talkative, too! Hopefully my girl won't be THAT loud... it's endearing, though. We have 2 other Cardi's on the team and I never hear a peep out of them, except at tournies.

RobiLee
04-22-2006, 03:46 PM
Ohhh, she is soooo cute! I don't blame you one bit for being excited. I know I sure would be. I can't wait for you to get her so we can see lots more pics of her.

bckrazy
04-25-2006, 09:05 PM
I have really, really bad news.

The breeder e-mailed me yesterday, to tell me that the co-owner who reserved first pick has switched her pick from the black male to my girl, the blue female. :( They said we could have the black male, but his personality is very dominant and they don't think he would suit us (mostly because of Gonzo). They offered to reserve first pick from their next litter, but it won't be until fall-winter... so I'm contacting a few breeders they recommended and I am really looking into rescue moreso.

We're so sad about this news, it's almost like she died. I was SO looking forward to meeting her and seeing her with Gonzo. I already ordered her crate, x-pen and I just bought her this really cute blue and yellow daisy harness on Monday - it will be depressing to take all of it back.

On the upside, my Mom set up a meeting with a Corgi x ACD puppy in rescue on Thursday. On the downside, some one is coming in from out of state to visit her tomorrow and could end up adopting her. >_<

Pembroke_Corgi
04-25-2006, 09:11 PM
That's so sad. I'm really sorry to hear that it won't work out. :( Are there any corgi rescues in your area?

Pembroke_Corgi
04-25-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm not sure exactly where you live in California, but the Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club has a listing of national rescues, and 2 are in CA:
http://www.pembrokecorgi.org/rescue.html

And the Cardigan webpage:
http://www.cardiganrescue.org/

I'm sure there are more, too. So sorry to hear about your news, I know I would be very upset as well.

bckrazy
04-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Thank you, Jill. It's a huge huge let-down, but at least she's going to a nice home where she will be shown.

I actually contacted Cardi rescue early this year, and asked them to contact me if any younger dogs become available in California. We really want a pup that is less than a year old, because of the activities we'd like to do with him/her, and all of the Corgis they've said are available have been 4-5+ years old. thankfully, there are not very many Corgis in rescue/shelters in my area, so it's been difficult to find a PB Corgi that is young, and has the temperament that we need. I would totally go for a Corgi/herding breed mix, I think it'd be a wonderful mix with an ACD or BC, for us.

flamepony12
04-25-2006, 09:36 PM
I saw this thread and got super excited, and then saw your post.. I'm really sorry! :( She was so cute. I really hope you find a baby just like her that'll suit you!

I have some good off-topic news though.. Someone from NorCal's coming to look at Merlin soon, and if he was to go to them, we'd be visiting him there once in a while... and my mom said it would be a possibility to come visit you while we're up there. :)

BOBS DAD
04-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Wow, that is not coool... I was following your thread, and then - ka-boom. Maybe he will change his mind again. He sure was a cutie. BUT you will find another cute guy who needs you!!!

cyber-sibes
04-25-2006, 10:59 PM
Sorry to hear that she's going to someone else, she sure is a cute little thing!
I remembered Gonzy's pics in the flowers from last year, but otherwise I couldn't tell - they sure do look alike! ...Are you thinking about adopting this BC?

bckrazy
04-26-2006, 12:53 AM
:) Thanks for the nice replies, they really do make me feel better. All of my friends were REALLY looking forward to meeting her, too. Pawcific actually contacted a breeder that is closeby to them and they might have a blue girl for us! Either one of their 2 blues, or a very very cute tri girl with lots of white. I'm really hoping this won't fall through... it's hard to be excited when I had gotten so attached to seeing my girl. Their website is ~ http://www.shadowalk.com

I'm still partial to rescue, and I'll keep looking. I really wanted a pup from a reputable breeder, for once, ;) but rescue is always the best IMO.

Devon, that's awesome! I hope Merlin has found a loving home where you can visit him. Where are they located, exactly? It'd be really cool to meet you ^^

Cybersibes, I was actually thinking of how funny it would be to adopt him. I found out his foster parents are adopting him! If he is Gonzo's relative and is anything like him, I don't blame them! LOL

Giselle
04-26-2006, 09:22 PM
Ooh la la! A brother in law, perhaps? LOL :D

Erica, I'm so sorry about the Corgi pup. It must be so hard, but from the way you were describing her, it sounded like she was a *dream*. No wonder the other person wanted her so badly! For some reason, our first choices never seem to come through. I originally wanted a dog from another adoption group before I chose Giselle. In fact, I originally wanted Lucky's brother. Things always seem to have a way of turning out the right way, whether we know it or not :p

Best wishes on finding that special pup! Perhaps it was a good thing you couldn't bring that particular puppy home... I'll keep my eyes on my local rescues for you :)

bckrazy
04-26-2006, 10:14 PM
thanks, Sophie. I know you were excited to meet her too! I'm pretty sure, by this summer, we will have a new addition either way. =)

A lot of people keep saying (on here and irl) this must mean she wasn't meant to be with us, so I feel that must be right, as sad as that is.

flamepony12
04-26-2006, 10:29 PM
Devon, that's awesome! I hope Merlin has found a loving home where you can visit him. Where are they located, exactly? It'd be really cool to meet you ^^

Well, they haven't come to look yet, so we don't know if they're buying him, but it's a possibility!

dappledoxie
04-27-2006, 09:25 AM
I am so sorry :( I know you must be so sad right now :( I wish you the very best, maybe she'll change her mind?

bckrazy
04-27-2006, 04:09 PM
=( thanks, dapple. I know you would've liked seeing her too, as you are obviously a corgi-lover. Unfortunately, I don't think they will change their mind, unless she turns out pet quality. The breeder is keeping her for a few months to condition/train her for showing... urgh. I'm still waiting to hear more from the other breeder, and the corgi/acd we were interested in was adopted from out of state! They made us wait to see her, since some one was coming today from NV to meet her, and they adopted her. I'm really bummed that they didn't even let us see her or even consider us, at least they could've actually done a house check with us because we're local! Ughaa I feel like puppies keep getting stolen from me.

caseysmom
04-27-2006, 04:13 PM
Erica I am sorry about this, I didn't realize the pup had fallen through. But you know there are many dogs needing homes in rescue and I am positive you will find the right one.

I don't remember if gonzo was a puppy or not but after bubba I will never do the puppy thing again! I will rescue 2 year olds and up for my own sanity.

new mom to a veiled
04-27-2006, 04:26 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about the puppy....Keep your spirits up, the right one will find you!!!!!