PDA

View Full Version : My Bij got a special car ride today!

tricollie4me
04-20-2006, 09:34 PM
Bijou typically doesn't do well in the car...despite my longing to have a doggie that loves car rides, Bijou usually vomits, drools buckets and paces like mad whilst in the car. She likes the experience well enough, the motion just doesn't seem to agree with her.

Today, I had to pick up my kids from school but I pottied Bijou first...while my little toddlers were getting settled into the van for the trip to the school, I thought "why not?" and asked Bijou to go bye-bye with us. She jumped right in and off we went.

She drooled only a little, and only on the way home, but boy, did she have a blast. She loved seeing all the kids come out of the school (happy whine!) and spun in circles when her boys got into their seats and buckled up. My kids were tickled to see her too, it's not something we get to do very often because of her tendency to, well, ahem...not do very well in the car!

But today was awesome, and I hope she's beginning to grow out of her motion sickness...I've always dreamed of jumping in the car with my pup and taking a nice long drive....fingers crossed, we'll get there (today was just 1/2 a mile!) :D

zoomer
04-20-2006, 09:36 PM
That's great! :) Bij is such an adorable girl.

k9krazee
04-20-2006, 09:41 PM
Woohoo!! Good job Bijou!

Ginger's Mom
04-21-2006, 05:37 AM
I am glad to hear that the trip went so well. Ginger always had the same problem with car trips. She did grow out of getting sick, but she still drools a lot and whines after a few miles. I do take her on long trips and she does alright, but it is not something she really enjoys.

Pawsitive Thinking
04-21-2006, 05:44 AM
If she's anything like Tobey she will get there in the end! He used to vomit on a 5 minute car journey but last summer he travelled all the way back from Dorset (about 6 hours in total) without a single problem!!! We did give him some scullcap and valerian tablets to start off with and they seemed to do the trick (another useful tip from a PTer I seem to recall)

http://www.dorwest.co.uk/herbal_medicines.htm