PDA

View Full Version : Prayers For Molly, Please *pic added*

BC_MoM
04-20-2006, 06:52 PM
Molly hasn't peed since last night. She's been licking lately, but we only really noticed it today. We checked around her peehole and it was very red around it, and inside.

We called the vet and he said it would be better to take her in tonight than wait until tomorrow, because he may have to drain her bladder if something is wrong.

We explained that she was her normal self.. eating, drinking, running around,.. just all around Miss Molly!

He took her temperature and she has a little bit of a fever. When he checked her out, he found puss. He decided we would do a urinalysis and he found blood in the urine. He found there is lots of bacteria and white blood cells in her uteris.

He says he bets half his salary that it is some kind of (allergic) reaction to the sutures used during her spaying at the Humane Society at the end of February. He said this infection has probably been going on for a while, but we haven't noticed it, as most people don't see it until around 6 weeks after the surgery.

He gave us some CLAVAMOX pills to give her for 10 days. If it isn't cleared up in 10 days, we'll have to go back for an X-ray.

So please pray for Molly that everything clears up fine within the next few days. :)

Edit: Here's a picture I took of the M&M's.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/Aquarius89/tiredmm.jpg

dab_20
04-20-2006, 07:12 PM
Poor Molly! :( Prayers that her infection clears up soon coming your way. Give her hugs for me.

k9krazee
04-20-2006, 07:13 PM
Aww, we will definately keep Molly in our thoughts!!

zoomer
04-20-2006, 08:29 PM
Poor Molly baby :( She will be in my thoughts, I don't pray much anymore but in this condition I really think it is nessacary, so she will be in my prayers. I can't imagine what she is going through. Give Molly a big hug for me and tell her I love her. Good luck and I hope Molly will be all right.

bckrazy
04-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Aw, Molly! Get better soon baby ;x... your family must be so worried.

That pic is really cute of Molly and Mickey. ^_^ I hope she feels back to normal with her meds!

animal_rescue
04-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Awww poor baby I know that doesn't feel good one bit! Prayers on the way!

Pembroke_Corgi
04-20-2006, 08:36 PM
I hope Molly is feeling better soon and that it clears up right away.

luvofallhorses
04-20-2006, 10:22 PM
aw..:( poor Miss Molly! I will pray that she'll be better soon. Give the pretty girl a hug for me! :)

cyber-sibes
04-20-2006, 11:22 PM
Aw, get better soon, Molly!

cloverfdx
04-21-2006, 01:06 AM
Oh dear poor Molly :(, heres hoping she feels better soon.

He decided we would do a urinalysis and he found blood in the urine. He found there is lots of bacteria and white blood cells in her uteris.
Here in Aus usually everything (Uteris, tubes etc) are removed when they desex and animal. Is that not the case over your way?

Crazy-Cat-Lover
04-21-2006, 01:18 AM
Here in Aus usually everything (Uteris, tubes etc) are removed when they desex and animal. Is that not the case over your way?

Same here in BC - I thought all vets removed everything when they did a spay? I hope Molly feels better soon.

Ginger's Mom
04-21-2006, 05:49 AM
Hope Molly is feeling better soon.

BC_MoM
04-21-2006, 08:08 AM
Same here in BC - I thought all vets removed everything when they did a spay? I hope Molly feels better soon.

I'm not sure.. I'm not good with the biology of animals. He just drew us a diagram of where they cut/tied up something in the uteris?

Pawsitive Thinking
04-21-2006, 08:16 AM
Hope you feel better soon Molly

pnance
04-21-2006, 03:52 PM
Hope Molly is feeling better soon. Savannah had something similiar right after her spay. The antiobiotics cleared it up without a problem.

Dixieland Dancer
04-21-2006, 03:55 PM
I hope Molly is feeling better soon.