PDA

View Full Version : Update on my sweetie, Levi:

tricollie4me
04-20-2006, 06:36 PM
His x-rays were fine -- no evidence of stones (of course, it cost us $80 just for the x-rays alone, egad!), no signs of blockage whatsoever. Whew! He did have blood in his urine, indicating another UTI, so even though he was just on a 10-day course of Clavamox 2-1/2 weeks ago, he's back on it again. He's also got some Metacam (a 3-day course, with an extra syringe for when he shows signs of a flare). We're going to continue the Cosequin but drop the anti-depressants/anti-anxiety meds -- we just don't feel these are causative factors for Levi's symptoms (he's been on them continuously for six months with no real shift in habits/symptoms -- if we had been able to discern improvement whilst on them, we'd be more than happy to continue). In a nutshell, we're kind of back to square one in regard to managing his symptoms overall, but at least we've eliminated a few more serious medical concerns. We will probably switch his food to the Royal Canin Urinary -- my hubby forgot to ask about it when picking Levi up but I think it's a splendid plan. All in all, I'm simply glad to have my boy home and I'm looking forward to (hopefully!) several flare-free weeks...wouldn't it be nice if he could have a few flare-free months?!

Thanks again for all the well wishes :)

catmandu
04-20-2006, 07:35 PM
The Found Cats And I Are So Glad That Levis Xrays Are Positive.
We Are Praying That Your Friend Is Going To Be Well.
The Found Cats All Send Levi A Great Big Found Cat Howl To Show Levi That Our Prayers Are Coming.

krazyaboutkatz
04-21-2006, 12:27 AM
I'm glad to hear that Levi doesn't have any stones or crystals.:) Hopefully the antibiotics will cure his UTI. I've heard that sometimes cats need to take the antibiotics for a longer period of time and sometimes they need to take a different kind of antibiotic. I hope that the Royal Canin Urinary S/O formula will help him and that he'll like it. It may take about 3 months for it to really get into his system. You chould probably feed him both the wet and dry because the wet will help cats with idiopathic FLUTD. Good luck and please continue to keep us updated.:)

jazzcat
04-21-2006, 11:42 PM
I'm sorry you are back to square one but I'm glad to hear there are no stones. Best of luck.