PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and good thoughts for Ash please...

carole
04-20-2006, 05:26 PM
My old boy Ash has been off colour for a few days now, I was hoping he would pick up like he usually does, however i really do need to find out what is happening to him, he is not interested in eating at all today, that is a worry, my boy loves his food and especially his prime mince beef and gravy beef, but nothing appeals, i have tryed so many different yummy things for him, that normally he would gobble up,but nope he is not interested, he ate a little yesterday, but nothing today,I have him booked in tomorrow morning at the vets, he is also going to have his blood tests done at the same time, in preparation for his teeth cleaning,obviously i dont want him going under until we sort out what is wrong with him, it might even be a sore tooth that is the root of the problem, I am really worried about him, he often gets a bit unwell and perks up , but not this time, he is really not himself at all, please send some prayers and positive vibes for my ole fella that it is nothing too serious, THANKS.

moosmom
04-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Oh Carole, I'm SO sorry!! :(

Ash will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if there's anything we can do.

(((((HUGS)))))) to you

Cinder & Smoke
04-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Hi God ~

You cover New Zeeland, don'cha?

Kuld ya look in on Ash wiffa White Coat an see why he duzint wanna eat?

Miz Carole an alla us wuld 'preciate it iffin You'd help get him Fixed Up.

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

davidpizzica
04-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Oh, Carole! Pittsburgh thoughts and prayers will be coming your way, both for Ash and you. Pleas let us know if there's any changes in Ash's codition. {{{{ HUGS }}}} to you and Ash.

captain
04-20-2006, 06:22 PM
Oh Carole - I truly hope he bounces right back for you.

{{{hugs}}} from across the Tasman .....

carole
04-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Well Ash is still not eating anything, has had nothing today, have not seen him drink so i have syringed some water into him whether he likes it or not, he is otherwise quite happy believe it or not, sunning himself in the lovely pacific sun, and still being cute and rolling over for his tummy to be patted, so that is always a good sign that he is still alert and aware of everything, maybe it is his teeth, let us hope so , and i can get him fixed, will keep you posted tomorrow, and thanks everyone, cinder and smoke you always bring a smile to my face with your cute messages, thanks to all concerned, Ash and I appreciate it. :)

AbbyMom
04-20-2006, 09:53 PM
Prayers on the way for Ash to perk up! Give him a smooch for me. :)

Miss Meow
04-20-2006, 11:36 PM
Fingers crossed, Carole. Hope Ash gets better soon {{{hugs}}}

trayi52
04-20-2006, 11:59 PM
Carole, hope Ash will be much better tomorrow. I am sending prayers and good thoughts to you and Ash that he feels better soon.

Willie :)

krazyaboutkatz
04-21-2006, 12:12 AM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Ash's way. I hope he feels better soon and that it's nothing serious.

gini
04-21-2006, 12:22 AM
Boy, doesn't it hurt us when our kids are not at their peak - and especially not eating - a sure sign that something is not right.

I hope that the problem is his teeth and that it can be taken care of and soon he will be his old self again.

Hugs to you Carole.

jesse_3
04-21-2006, 01:49 AM
Prayers and pawsitive thoughts are sent to you! I really hope that it isn't anything serious!

Steph and the gang

Pawsitive Thinking
04-21-2006, 03:36 AM
Thinking of you Ash

carole
04-21-2006, 03:53 AM
Thank you everyone, I always feel so much better knowing i have PT prayers and positive thoughts behind me, still not a morsel of food has he had today, I have offered him everything i can possible find, all his favourites, but alas no joy,thank goodness Ash has some reserves in that department,at least he was sitting on the couch tonight and purring, but i have noticed him licking his lips a bit, whether he feels dry or his mouth is sore i really don't know, i wish he would drink, he is not even interested in that,well i guess tomorrow we hopefully will find out the cause and get him on the mend, sure feeling nervous about it, I hope the blood tests are not too horrible either, i was told they take them in the neck, does not sound great, but i guess it is not any worse than us having them, fingers and paws crossed my ole fella wlll be ok.

Oggyflute
04-21-2006, 03:59 AM
Best thoughts and wishes for Ash, Carole.

carole
04-21-2006, 04:17 AM
Thanks Mate. :)

Killearn Kitties
04-21-2006, 04:35 AM
Oh poor Ash! I hope you find out what it is.
I think the blood test in the neck bothers us more than them. My mum's cat had it recently and it didn't bother him at all.

carole
04-21-2006, 05:13 AM
Thank you for that i feel better knowing it is not such a big deal for him. :)

carole
04-21-2006, 06:13 PM
Update on Ash, well would you believe she could not find anything wrong with him, no temp or anything, but i sure know he has not been himself, never ate a morsel yesterday, but did eat some today, yahoo, that made me happy, however she did find he had a heart murmur, which has developed probably from old age, as last visit it was not there, she said it could be making him feel unwell or his arthritis or just a virus, so i am happy to hear that there is nothing major, thank goodness, he had his blood test, no problem that kitty makes me so proud , he is such an angel at the vet always,she also told me he was in good condition so was pleased to hear that, i do look after him well and it has paid off.

Should get the blood test results this afternoon, so hoping kidney and liver function is ok, he does however need two extractions done, pity about that, but i feel this could also be contributing to his health,as for his vomiting, she said some cats are just like that, she has an older cat herself who is the same, and changing diet has not helped, so i guess we are stuck with having a bulemic kitty as i call him, still relieved to hear it is not necessarily meaning something bad, i am still going to look into some new food to try him out on after his teeth are fixed and see if we have any change in his vomiting patterns.

Thanks again buddies for your prayers and good thoughts, once again PT came through for me, love ya all. :)

carole
04-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Second update on Ash, blood tests came back all good, everything is normal, i am so happy, i often wondered if the old fella had the start of failing kidneys, but no all is well, so Ash will have a normal anesthetic(sp) a human one actually, there is a slight increased risk because of his heart murmur,but i think it is not high as his heart murmur is very low grade, and not caused because of bacteria on his teeth, she said no as his teeth are not that bad at all, so big sighs of relief all around, i probably will wait a week to make sure he is more him old self then book him in and get these teeth sorted.

Am so happy my ole fella is doing pretty good really, if i can get him to loose some weight would be great for his arthritis, so hopefully after the teeth we can sort his diet out better, CHEERS everyone and thanks again., the power of PT is a marvellous thing. :)

Oggyflute
04-21-2006, 10:26 PM
Glad to hear he's OK. :)

luvofallhorses
04-21-2006, 10:52 PM
I am glad to hear he is OK. (((Carole and Ash)))

jazzcat
04-21-2006, 11:49 PM
I'm glad to hear he is okay and was especially happy to hear no kidney failure after getting that news about Ripley yesterday. When I first started reading this thread it was the first thing that entered my mind.

How old is he?

krazyaboutkatz
04-22-2006, 12:58 AM
I'm so glad to hear that Ash is okay.:) I hope that everything will go well with his teeth cleaning and extractions. Please continue to keep us updated.:)

G535
04-22-2006, 03:11 AM
So happy to hear that he's ok, toothache can put anyone off their food! :)

carole
04-22-2006, 05:10 AM
We think Ash is around ten or 11 years old, I am still a little concerned about the heart murmur so if anyone has a kitty with that or knows of anyone, I would appreciate any advice.