PDA

View Full Version : Deceased...

Bunnicula05
04-30-2002, 06:46 PM
Bubbles died today. After I got Barry, my new fish, I started to feed them twice a day because I didn't think Barry was getting enough to eat since he never comes to the top to eat. And I think that's what did it, Bubbles was used to eating once a day. He lived to 4 years old age. The longest living goldfish I've ever had, and my only goldfish I ever had.

Sam's My Baby
04-30-2002, 06:51 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss,:( but I am sure he lived a long, happy life. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-30-2002, 06:51 PM
I'm sorry for your loss! Bubbles was the longest living goldfish I ever heard of too. :(

AmberLee
04-30-2002, 07:20 PM
{{{Bubbles and family}}}

It sounds like he (she?) died happy.

LoudLou
04-30-2002, 07:22 PM
So sorry for the loss of your friend Bubbles.:(

Logan
04-30-2002, 07:28 PM
Poor Bubbles :( :( I never had a goldfish live even that long.....I'm happy she had such a good life with you.

anna_66
05-01-2002, 06:40 AM
Sorry to hear about Bubbles:(

05-01-2002, 07:07 AM
sorry about Bubbles !!!

Our goldfishes never got older than one year ....
BUT !!! This counts only for goldfish living (swimming) in a small aquarium .We have a large pond in our garden ; last year my daughter got a goldfish as a present , and instead of putting it into a glass bowl , she put it in the pond !
You should see that tiny fish now !! He (or she) has doubled in size and is as healthy as ..... yes , a fish !!!!!!!;) He found some fellow-goldfish there and has the time of his fishy life !!!!:p :D :cool:

Logan
05-01-2002, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by lut
sorry about Bubbles !!!

Our goldfishes never got older than one year ....
BUT !!! This counts only for goldfish living (swimming) in a small aquarium .We have a large pond in our garden ; last year my daughter got a goldfish as a present , and instead of putting it into a glass bowl , she put it in the pond !
You should see that tiny fish now !! He (or she) has doubled in size and is as healthy as ..... yes , a fish !!!!!!!;) He found some fellow-goldfish there and has the time of his fishy life !!!!:p :D :cool:

I'm so envious, Lut! I want a fish pond so badly!! One day, I will do it, in the "front yard". I can just see my dogs going wading and fishing if it were in the back yard!!! :D

Bunnicula05
05-01-2002, 07:44 PM
LOL, mine lived in just a small one gallon aquarium.

Cincy'sMom
05-01-2002, 07:56 PM
My mom has three small ponds in her yard that she keeps fish in. she buys the little feeder goldfish and OMG they get HUGE!!! it is so cool to see them grow up to be these awesome fish!!!

Sorry to here about bubbles :( Sounds like he had a good, long life :)

Heather Wallace
05-02-2002, 06:14 AM
Sorry to hear that Meg

Gio
05-02-2002, 06:35 AM
Sorry for your loss:(

Ann
05-02-2002, 06:41 AM
So sorry to hear that :(

Bubbles did live for a long time, but I've had goldfish who lived longer than that actually. We have a two big ponds in our garden where we had 70+ fishes, but when we cleaned them out this spring there were only 2 fishes left(!)... And the strange thing was that there was no dead bobies to be found, the fishes had just dissapeared. Among the vanished fishes were Gulliver, a huge goldfish that was like 6-7 years old :(

This (http://www.peachkin.com/pics/pond1.jpg) is how one of the pond looks incase anyone cares, and sorry for bringing this offtopic >_<

anna_66
05-02-2002, 07:11 AM
That's pretty long for a fish to live, I had no idea that they could live that long! And the pond, it's absolutely beautiful! I would love to have one like that! Thanks for the pic!

Ann
05-02-2002, 07:22 AM
Glad you liked it Anna :)

Gulliver was really tame too... You could crouch at the side of the pond, and when he'd see you he'd swim over to you so you could pet him, and he would eat food from your hands. He was very beautiful too! I should have a picture of him around here somewhere...

Daisylover
05-02-2002, 10:24 AM
Ann,
A friend of mine worked for Ford Motor Co. and they posted him to England for a year and rented a house for him. When he and his wife moved in there were fish in the small decorative pond intheir back yard. A few months later there we NO fish...no little parts or skeleton...

They thought a bird of prey got the fish one by one and carried them away. Maybe that's what happened at to yours....? :confused:

Logan
05-02-2002, 10:33 AM
Oh, Ann, your pond is lovely! Thank you so much for sharing the picture. I, too, apologize for totally taking this off subject. But we are glorifying the wonderful lives of Goldfish! They have always been my favorite fish.

As for the disappearance of your fish, what kinds of wildlife do you have around there? My hairdresser spends part of her working life designing English Gardens for people, and she does a lot in her own yard. She was telling me about her pond recently, and said that they found out that Raccoons were eating their fish! She actually had to put a screen over the pond to keep them out! I don't know if there are Raccoons or anything like them in Sweden, but something must have made a nice meal off of those fish!

You have reinspired me. I just MUST get my pond in this summer!!!! :)

Ann
05-02-2002, 01:50 PM
Oh, I'm so glad you liked my pond :)

Well, we don't have racoons in Sweden, and there really aren't any other wild animals in this town. There are some cats going around, but I doubt that they could catch any fish in the pond since it's quite deep and the fish would swim down and hide, but even if they did manage to catch some I highly doubt they could have eaten 70 goldfishes! Me and my dad was thinking a bird took them too, but I really dunno... It's a mystery really. Too sad too :(

Bunnicula05
05-02-2002, 09:34 PM
Recently I went to Sam's Club and they have a waterfall pond that you dig a hole in the ground and just put the pond in the hold. It's hard plastic and the water is continually falling from the water fall. It's really really cool. I really want one when I get a house of my own some day.