PDA

View Full Version : TX man accused of eating puppy alive....

CathyBogart
04-20-2006, 02:26 PM
Man Accused Of Eating His Dog Alive

"Look at that ear. Do you see that? I mean, it is chewed to smithereens," says Shelby County Texas District Attorney Linda Kay Russell. Russell is reacting to graphic pictures showing a pit bull puppy who was eaten alive by his owner.

Now, Russell is preparing to prosecute the strangest animal cruelty case she has ever handled.

"This is actually called torture to an animal, and that is why we are doing it," says Russell.

Forty-nine year old Reggie Paul Fountain stands accused of eating his dog alive.

"He chewed that and ate it, he had blood all over his face, he had blood on his chest, he was in his underwear walking down the street talking to himself and the dog," says Russell.

Veterinarian Robert Hughes says the pit bull puppy looked like it had been in a dog fight when it arrived at his clinic.

"We anesthetized the dog and we surgically evened out the edges. We did something similar to an ear crop," says Doctor Hughes.

"His excuse, which I don't care what his excuse was, was that he was on PCP and cocaine," says Russell.

Russell says four police officers had to restrain the man so that they could remove the dog from his hands. She says she will now prosecute the case to the fullest, and leave the penalty in the hands of a jury.

"I will not offer this man probation. I will take it to a jury trial and if the citizens of Shelby County want to give him probation they can, but I will not offer that," says Russell.

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=4763977&nav=menu50_1

Just a warning - the video the article links to is graphic and disturbing.

I am at a loss for words....

I am so glad that "Charity" is alive and well and living with her vet, and I hope this man gets the maximum penalty. Better yet, let's feed him to the lions.

critter crazy
04-20-2006, 02:33 PM
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! thankfully this was stopped in time!!! my god poor puppy!! I cant even begin to imagine!!!! :( :mad:

elizabethann
04-20-2006, 03:58 PM
Okay, now I've heard everything. :mad:

Muddy4paws
04-20-2006, 04:26 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I dont know what to say, Thats just disgusting, That poor baby

Lori Jordan
04-20-2006, 04:30 PM
WOW what is wrong with people!

moosmom
04-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Okay, now I've heard everything.

Ain't THAT the truth!!! Sick bastard! :mad:

chocolatecoffee
04-20-2006, 06:17 PM
That's disgusting! Just when you think that you can't hear of a more disturbing animal abuse case, another one comes up! I can't even believe that somebody would be able to do that; he deserves to rot in jail. Poor little puppy...

king2005
04-21-2006, 03:20 PM
oh dear god!!! the poor puppy :(

Miss Z
04-21-2006, 05:09 PM
OMG! WHY are there people like this in the world? That's just sick, that guy must be seriously mentally disturbed.:mad:

What's interesting about this is the puppy was a pit bull. For all those people who view pit bulls as vicious, they should pick out the vicious one in this story.

Sevaede
04-21-2006, 05:35 PM
That is TERRIBLE and DISGUSTING! That poor pooch! I am assuming that he will be adopted to a LOVING home?

WolvesRawk
04-22-2006, 03:22 PM
There aren't even words to show my disgust and anger about that. That is pure evil to torture a creature like that! :mad:

DogLover9501
04-22-2006, 07:26 PM
:eek: :( :mad: I don't even know what to say...

I'm glad the puppy is alive.

DJFyrewolf36
04-22-2006, 08:39 PM
OMG! WHY are there people like this in the world? That's just sick, that guy must be seriously mentally disturbed.:mad:

He may have been a well adjusted individual before the PCP. I've seen what this disgusting drug can do to people firsthand. It takes rational people and turns them into raging psycopaths that are only a shadow of thier former selves.

I feel sorry for the pup of course, but I also feel sorry for anyone that cares about this man (If anyone, depending on how long he's been a slave to drugs). Its a horrible thing to watch. Hopefully someday (minus drugs) the man can see the heartache he's created and begin to make reparations to the people (and animals) he has hurt.

sirrahved
04-27-2006, 09:43 PM
A wonderful example, children, of why NOT to use drugs!

Catty1
04-27-2006, 11:06 PM
I found this update.
Catty1

Shelby County Texas District Attorney Linda Kay Russell is working on prosecuting one of the strangest animal cruelty cases most people have ever seen. Reggie Paul Fountain is a forty nine year old man that is accused of eating his pit bull puppy while it was still alive.According to Russell, Mr. Fountain chewed and ate the puppy. The ear was chewed into tiny bits and then Fountain, covered in blood and in his underwear, strolled down the street talking to himself and the dog.According to a veterinarian, the little pit bull puppy looked as if it had been involved in a fight. The veterinarian proceeded to fix the ear in a similar fashion to an ear crop and managed to make things look right.

Mr. Fountain’s excuse was that he had no idea what he was doing because he was high on cocaine and PCP. This is likely why it took four police officers to restrain him and take the puppy away.

Russell plans on taking this case all the way and not settling for probation or any lesser penalty unless the jury sees fit to do so. Russell will pursuer the stiffest penalties.

Rio&Nickysmommy
04-29-2006, 11:23 PM
Just sickening , that poor puppy! Prayers for him. AS for this man- He needs to be locked away for a long time. Anything less and he will be out on the streets doing his drugs and causing more pain to animals and people. yep thats what drugs do to people. Poor little babd.. Horrble.
RIo&Nickysmommy

lovethatpug
04-30-2006, 11:52 AM
That is the strangest case of animal cruelty i've ever heard, and definately the sickest! Poor puppy!That man needs to be locked away for well over 2 years for what he did! :mad: I'm disgusted by people like that, and that is also a great example of what drugs do to you.