PDA

View Full Version : Boy, Happy is outa shape!

cali
04-20-2006, 02:23 PM
ok with the nice weather I have been taking my girls bikeriding, its lik the perfect exersize for a BC, because I can last longer on a bike and I can have them run for the duration lol now last year Misty was terrified of my bike so I was only able to ride with Happy, all was fne and well, Happy was the dog that never quite, the one dog at the flyball touny that was able to race in the same amount of time at the last race of the tourny as she did in the first, but jeeze has she gone downhill since I wuite the flyball club! I took both the girls riding this morning and Misty had no difficulty whatsoever matching my pace for 45 minuts of constant running, Happy however....I had to have her on the coupler just to keep her from falling behind! she was able to match my pace for about 5 minuts before she was lagging :eek: I could not believe it, I have got to get that dog back into shape! :eek:

lute
04-20-2006, 02:55 PM
the winter has her outa shape. same here Happy! all this cold weather has me outa shape!

critter crazy
04-20-2006, 02:57 PM
ha ha ha!! me too!!! you should see my horses!! talk about out of shape from the winter!! went riding the other day and both my mares were panting!! :)

cali
04-20-2006, 08:56 PM
lol Misty manged to stay in shape over winter just fine! I took the girls out for another run today, I need to get both me and them back into shape :p I took them for a vigerous street run for about 20 minutes, then I headed to the bike path but ran into a million dogs so I truned around and let them off in a near by park for some off leahs play time and uncontrolled running, then I hooked them up again and took them to the bike path, I ran them did some circle tarining with them(theire is a very large ring ion the path, I ride very fast around the circle vigerously for around 7-8 laps) then I took them down to the creek and let them swim for a half hour, before circle taring them in the opposite direction, then I rode them slowly home for a cool down. it was an hour and half of total running, pluse a half hour this mroning so they better be good for the night lol

dab_20
04-21-2006, 07:54 AM
HAppy will get back into shape soon enough! I used to bike with my RB cocker, Missy. She absolutly loved it, even when she was a bit older.