PDA

View Full Version : Lippy Stallions

slleipnir
04-30-2002, 04:54 PM
Anyone ever heard or seen the Lippizanner Stallions? I'm going to see them tonight. (even though I'm extremely sick and would rather be home sleeping..but I'm excited to see them, and my mom went through a lot getting the tickets :x) Anyway, They're such amazing animals, so graceful and such :D

happytailsrattery
04-30-2002, 05:06 PM
Where are you seeing them at! We used to have a Kingdom of Dancing Stallions growing up! I also used to work at a fair for 4 years, where I took care of the horses on exhibit, we had a lippazaner every year, and had people who did exhibitions!! Very gracefull, you are going to love it!:D

AmberLee
04-30-2002, 06:33 PM
Have a great time. I've never seen them live, but was enthalled by the Disney movie when I was a kid... (Do give at least one happy gasp of amazement for me. ;) Thanks!)

slleipnir
04-30-2002, 07:58 PM
Thanks. I saw them at our Civic's center in PEI. They do a world tour, they;re such amazing horses!!
This was one of my favorites they did
http://lipizzaner.com/images/Capriole.jpg
The Capriole. When the stallion jumps into the air and tucks his front legs into his crest and kicks out his hind legs feircely.

Ann
05-01-2002, 04:50 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO jealous!!!!! I've always wanted to see the lippiz... :(

I'd really wanna go to the Spanish riding school in Wien someday to see them... But I'd see them anywhere if I had the chance!

slleipnir
05-01-2002, 09:39 AM
I'm sure another chance will come by for you to see them :D They do a lot of world tours

Ann
05-01-2002, 11:17 AM
Well, I don't think they've EVER been in Sweden... :(

Daisylover
05-02-2002, 10:33 AM
They did a performance in Detroit....oh, I'm dating myself now...probably in the 60's since....when I was horse mad adolescent. I know they've been back several time since then. I still remember how amazing and incredibly graceful they were. If I recall several of the moves were combat-related, so the person could fight with free hands and the horse could defend their backside.... Or I dreamed up that explanation. ;)
At any rate, they are beautiful animals!! Lucky you to get to go and see them.

Logan
05-02-2002, 10:35 AM
Audrey, I saw them when I was a child (a LONG time ago). Recently, they were here, in Greenville, and I would have loved for Helen to see them, but our schedule didn't work out. :(

Please tell us all about it! :)

Edwina's Secretary
05-02-2002, 04:08 PM
Here's a reason to visit Chicago (actually, there are many!) Wadsworth is just north of Chicago -- in fact right by where I work.

http://www.tempelfarms.com/