PDA

View Full Version : Cyrus was attacked by 2 dogs at the dog park yeaterday :(

king2005
04-20-2006, 06:20 AM
Cyrus tried to play with a male dobbie. The Dobbie turned on him & tried to rip his poor face off. Rose said the Dobbie had Cyrus by the muzzle & was thrashing him. Cyrus had no choice to try to fight back as the Dobbie was on him. Rose said the owner did NOTHING!

Luckly a large man that loved Cyrus, ran to his aid & picked him up off the ground away from the Dobbie.

Then Cyrus was let go & went back to playing with the other dogs (The agressive Dobbie was removed by force). Poor Cyrus was just standing doing nothing (a little shocked of the fight) & the other Dobbie charged him!!

Rose said that Dobbie atleast had good owners & he was muzzled.

Poor Cyrus has little cuts on both sides of his face (where hes eyes are, talk about lucky) where the first dobbis was thrashing him :(

critter crazy
04-20-2006, 06:22 AM
Awwww.....poor cyrus!! is he okay???? poor baby!! :(

king2005
04-20-2006, 07:49 AM
Hes ok... He was extra loving lastnight as he came into my apt. wanting some scratches & gave loads of kisses. I got him to hop onto my couch & he stayed for quite a while.

Rose was quite upset as she couldn't do a thing as the Dobbie could easly over power her & hurt her quite baddly. Shes only 5 feet & quite small. She can easly handle Cyrus, its other large dogs she cannot.

I had Axle out in the sun, when Rose & Cyrus came home. Cyrus was SUCH a good boy with Axle. He just sniffed him & Axle just walked away.. Cyrus was quite puzzled & watched him. So while Cyrus was busy looking at Axle, I was able to get a good look at Cyrus' face. Beside both eyes he has minor cuts. There was a little blood, but no holes. I checked his back as it looked like slobber was on his fur.. Nothing back there but slobber, yay!

He should be just fine. I wish a muzzle rule was for all dogs at the park. Its so hard to know what your dog will do until its too late sometimes. Thats why Rose didn't care about the 2ed Dobbie, as he was muzzled & the owner was ontop of it right away. The first Dobbie better NOT go back to the dog park, if its going to attack when a dog tries to play with it.

elizabethann
04-20-2006, 08:06 AM
OMG...I'm glad your dog is okay. Poor thing must have been terrified. I would freak if another dog attacked Fenway at the dog park!

GoldenLuv
04-20-2006, 08:22 AM
oh no i am sry that this happened to Cyrus

give him kisses from me and my crew

king2005
04-20-2006, 08:27 AM
OMG...I'm glad your dog is okay. Poor thing must have been terrified. I would freak if another dog attacked Fenway at the dog park!

Cyrus was lucky he was wearing the muzzle, as his snout is slightly swollen, but there is no broken skin as the Dobbies teeth couldn't go through the Muzzle.

My old dog was in a fight. Neither of the dogs were ever dog agressive & neither wanted to be in the fight. It was very much my fault!
I was walking my old guy & I saw that Katie the German had broken her chain (shes an indoor dog, but goes outside for a few hours in the afternoon to play with her scocer balls)... Katie & I always had a way of playing. I would egg her on & she would lay down with her ears back getting ready to charge me, jump up & give me kisses... So I egged her on & she charged, she jumped up & I almost got my kiss, when Max grabbed her by the throat & ripped her off of me. He shook her quick & let go quick, in fear she snapped back & then ran away... I yelled at Max the second it happened. I had to let him know he was a good boy for obeying the stop command (I can't punish him when he thought I was being attacked, I just want him to obey the stop command as he knew I gave it & obeyed right away). I rushed Max home, took the leash & went hunting for Katie. I found her scared in her yard. I called her & she came slowly. I let her know she was a good girl & gave her a loving hug & I got my kisses. I knocked on the door & nobody came. SO I opened the door to let Katie in (I was told it was to open the back door is I found her running about (she knew how to open doors too). The wife was upstairs & heard the door open & me telling Katie to get inside. She came over & thanked me. Then I broke her the bad news. She was happy that I was honest & the fight was an accident & was controlled. We looked Katie over & she was just fine. Max had a little boo boo on his ear, but it was nothing, as it looked like a rug burn.

it was scary as hell, but I'm sure if Katie was agressive it would have gotten out of control & been far worse.

When I get home tonight I'll check Cyrus over again as any swelling should be easy to spot by then. Oh Cyrus isn't my dog, he belongs to my landlady & I get to do whatever I want with him as if he was my own dog.

king2005
04-21-2006, 08:08 AM
Cyrus is 100% ok.. the cuts beside his eyes are hard to see & there is no more swelling. Can't see there being any perm. damage, hes one lucky pup!

zoomer
04-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Poor guy :( Why do people have aggresive dogs at dog parks??? That reason is why I don't like taking my dogs to dog parks... their not trustable.

king2005
04-21-2006, 11:12 AM
Poor guy :( Why do people have aggresive dogs at dog parks??? That reason is why I don't like taking my dogs to dog parks... their not trustable.

Agreed, but Cyrus needs to go. He needs to run somewhere & needs to be around dogs & people so he remains friendly. The attacks havn't turned him bad towards dogs, he still views them as play friends.. He'll just defend himself if hes attacked, but he's not the type to start anything like that!

Honestly I have no problems people trying to scolize the not 100% friendly dogs in a dog park. they just need to announce it & have the dog muzzled. The 2ed dobbie was learning to play with dogs & thats why he was muzzled. Everyone at the park knew & the owner took appropiate action when his dog missbehaved! To me that a responsible dog owner!

lv4dogs
04-21-2006, 12:14 PM
Honestly I have no problems people trying to scolize the not 100% friendly dogs in a dog park. they just need to announce it & have the dog muzzled. The 2ed dobbie was learning to play with dogs & thats why he was muzzled. Everyone at the park knew & the owner took appropiate action when his dog missbehaved! To me that a responsible dog owner!

I couldn't agree more.

MomToThree
04-21-2006, 08:28 PM
I am very sorry to hear about this. Really I am. When I hear of a dobe doing something like this it makes me sick to my stomach. The owners of this doberman should have put time into training for their dog. If your dog is aggressive don't let them run around free in a dog park. Really that isn't a smart move on the owners part. Like the one owner who let everyone know what she was trying to do is fine. But don't put other dogs and or people at risk for a dog bite.

When we got Gracie (my dobie) she was labeled as "Dog Aggressive" as well as "Food Aggressive". In my opinion these are the 2 main issues that are very hard to work through. Gracie has been in 2 fights since I have had her. One was over food, which is when we found out about the food problems after I called the rescue to ask why this happened. The second was just a warning kind of thing to the other dog. My brother had his dog over here for 4 days in a row almost all day long. Gracie got tired of playing and sharing her toys so she nipped at her to let her know to back off. And that one wasn't really a "fight" just more of a warning.

Gracie is no longer "Dog Aggressive". She is only dog aggressive when the dog stays as a perminate member of the house hold. She likes to be top dog where ever she goes.

Sorry I rambled on so much. It's just when I hear anything about dobes I take it to heart.

KYS
04-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Glad to hear that Cyrus is ok.
What a scary experience. :(

Alysser
04-21-2006, 09:48 PM
And they say pitbulls attack everyone. :rolleyes: Poor Cyrus I'm glad he is okay! He is the sweetest pit! :D

trayi52
04-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Glad to hear that Cyrus is okay. Sorry he had to go through this horrible experience.

Willie