PDA

View Full Version : Nervous......

kilbarchancats
04-20-2006, 03:05 AM
And I'm sure all you PT-ers will understand.

Why, I hear you ask....?

I have baked a cake (date and apple) and brought it into work today, on account of one of the girls having a birthday.

So, come teatime and it gets shared round, I'm thinking

"who's going to the be the first to discover a bit 'decorated' with a kitty hair"? lol :D :D

I was so careful, but to cook without, is of course virtually imPAWssible!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

G535
04-20-2006, 03:49 AM
Why worry, everyone needs more fibre in their diet! :)

kb2yjx
04-20-2006, 03:52 AM
I have the same " problem " everytime I cook or bake!! Most people are aware that we have " kitchen quality control supervisors," but, yes, it is red face time if a guest finds fur in the food! When Barry points this out to me, I tell him it is just extra protein and fiber!!!! And we should be thankful the cats are looking out for us!!! Sandra
PS: Your cake sounds delicious!!! Hope it was enjoyed by all!

Barbara
04-20-2006, 04:57 AM
I have noticed cat hair in dishes that I took out of the dishwasher and left them on the counter just a second before I put them in the cupboard.

I would enjoy any cake you baked ;)

Killearn Kitties
04-20-2006, 05:56 AM
:D As long as they don't choke on it, you are doing OK.

Sonia59
04-20-2006, 06:23 AM
:D :D he-he, let us know what happens with your collegues at work!

May be they will be extremely polite and won't dare saying anything while chewing on a piece containing cat hair :D :rolleyes:

QueenScoopalot
04-20-2006, 08:24 AM
I'll have to admit, I'd much rather find cat hair in my food than a humans! ;) I'll bet it tasted yummy, and nobody found any fur. :)

Beauty17
04-20-2006, 08:48 AM
Hmm. I've never been that picky. But I know some people who are, if they notice. I'm hoping that your colleagues will be polite enough to be happy that you have been considerate enough to bring this treat, and not ungrateful enough to point out the fluff, if it is apparent. My guess? You may be overly sensitive. I just think it's nice of you to bake for your friend.

kilbarchancats
04-20-2006, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone!

So far so good, well if you consider an empty tub which was formerly full of cake!! :D

went down very well it seems.

of course, the furries have kept the 'tastiest' i.e. most decorated bit for me when I get home. That's the cook's (and meowmie's) privilege :) :)

catmandu
04-20-2006, 09:51 AM
If I found a little Cta fur,it wouldnt bother me in the slightest.
Its a not uncommon occurence with the 14 Found Cats.

Cataholic
04-20-2006, 11:32 AM
I worry the same way when I bring something in! I am extra careful, and just cross my fingers!

lvpets2002
04-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Why worry, everyone needs more fibre in their diet! :)
:D For real my Moto to to tee.. Hey everybody here at work are so used to me having cat hair on my cloths that they dont think nothing about cat hair on other stuff..

critter crazy
04-20-2006, 12:13 PM
ha ha ha!! true story.....my SIL whom i just love had to bake a cake for work, for someones birthday!! she had at the time 4 cats, well she set it on the counter to cool, came back later and there was a small piece of the corner missing!! she was so mad it was 11:00 at night and did not have time to bake anither one!! she took the corner trimed it up nice and frosted it!!! no one evrer knew!!!ROFLMAO!!! i couldnt believe it!! she is so silly!! :D