View Full Version : I need some help.

Sevaede
04-20-2006, 02:44 AM
Lately, I've been thinking about things. Mostly, my decision to go get the Chi puppy. Hubby and I have been trying to do the rough math and aren't completely sure I will be able to make it anyways. I watched that video, in the Pet sub-forum, that 12 minutes long about the euthanasia and mishandling of passed on dogs, cats, etc. I don't think I want to go get the Chi any more. Sure, that pooch STILL needs a home but my aunt is a VERY reputable breeder and will have no problem finding a home for it besides the point that a breeder seems to be able to house pups and pooches more easily. I have decided that I NEED to get a shelter dog. There just isn't any doubt within my mind, or will there ever be, that that would be one of the best decisions of my life. I couldn't even watch three minutes of that video. I am crying very hard. That will probably haunt me forever. This doesn't even solve the problem of my future career: vet. HOW am I supposed to be able to fully function as a veterinarian if I can't even face reality without breaking down? Or when I start my rescue/sanctury (NO kill) I am torn. I have already pretty much made plans with my mom and everything, and I was/am looking forward to it, but I don't know... I can't help but second guess. I need some help, some idea of how to pour out these words to my mom to explain to her (Even though I know she will be completely understanding and supportive) how I don't think I will be able to take this pooch? What should I do? I need help and I don't know what to do. af;slkjf;ler *torn*