PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone identify the breed of my former bunny? (pic)

Sevaede
04-20-2006, 12:56 AM
I got my bunny when he was six months old (I had to give him to a former teacher because of a certain situation). He was pretty shy and aggressive towards anyone but myself. His name was Baron von Crappenstein(Now, Spaz Gaz). One of the funniest things I think I have ever seen was when I let him out to play one day. He was running around the room and the Doxie was following him and trying to play which Baron did not want to do. So, Baron whipped around and CHASED that Doxie and gave him a piece of his mind or, for those who want to be technical, a nip on the butt. So funny, and the weenie left the bunny alone after that! ANYWAYS, onto the pic (sorry for the quality. That pic is about six years old, camera was not very good, and [i just realized] the cage had not yet been cleaned that day.):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/unbakedbrownie/dutchbunny.jpg

buttercup132
04-20-2006, 06:50 AM
Look like a broken Holland lop.
For further reference getting a bunny fixed at the age of 12 weeks should stop any agression .

dab_20
04-20-2006, 07:20 AM
For further reference getting a bunny fixed at the age of 12 weeks should stop any agression .

I agree. Looks like a Holland Lop.

Sevaede
04-21-2006, 10:51 PM

To the furthest of my knowledge, Baron WAS neutered. But, the reason I got him was because he looked so lonely. He was all by himself and none of the other rabbits would play with him. He was great around me and, most of the time, my sister but wasn't really fond of anyone else picking him up or holding him. He was great with other animals, though. Matter of fact, he never even chewed on anything inappropriately.

Karen
04-21-2006, 11:01 PM
Hating being picked up is not a sign of aggression. Most rabbits instinctively hate being picked up, which makes sense given that, as a wild rabbit, anything that picks you off the ground is doing so to kill and eat you.

I have picked Miss Hoppy up since she was a wee small bunny, so she is perfectly comfortable with me picking her up, but she hates it when Paul does.

buttercup132
04-22-2006, 08:36 AM
Exactly being high prey animals you have to be ready to run from anything.
Almost any bunny would hate being picked up.

dab_20
04-22-2006, 08:54 AM

That's true. I've got two bunnies... Daisy either doesn't mind being picked up, or she's frozen in fear. ;) Hershey doesn't like being picked up, but he's very friendly towards humans. Just imagine if you were this tiny animal and all these giants kept picking you up. I know I woulden't like it! lol

Sevaede
04-22-2006, 10:13 PM
Hating being picked up is not a sign of aggression. Most rabbits instinctively hate being picked up, which makes sense given that, as a wild rabbit, anything that picks you off the ground is doing so to kill and eat you.

I have picked Miss Hoppy up since she was a wee small bunny, so she is perfectly comfortable with me picking her up, but she hates it when Paul does.

I never was trying to imply a connection between aggression and being picked up. I was *trying* to say that he was aggressive with anyone but my sister and me and, thusly, would not let anyone else pick him up after he became agitated. Hmm, I guess my sis' parentals did not make the wisest choice as he was "the only one sitting all by himself.". Would him coming from any sort of breeder (be it a byb, or whatever? I don't condone that but it was not my decision to make as I did not know about it previously and I was about eleven years old.) make a difference?

He was about six months old when we got him and Alex (sister) and I were always giving him love and attention. Perhaps that's why we were the only ones to receive it.

Sevaede
04-22-2006, 10:15 PM

=/

Well, he loved Alex and me (AND allowed us to pick him up, hold him, and so forth), so... I don't know. Maybe it's because we were the only ones who loved on him, gave him treats and attention, cleaned his area, etc.

Sevaede
04-22-2006, 10:17 PM
That's true. I've got two bunnies... Daisy either doesn't mind being picked up, or she's frozen in fear. ;) Hershey doesn't like being picked up, but he's very friendly towards humans. Just imagine if you were this tiny animal and all these giants kept picking you up. I know I woulden't like it! lol

He just didn't really care for anybody but my sister and me. Baron was okay with Biggles as long as he wasn't being chase but I think that was a game between them. Baron used to chase Biggles, too.

buttercup132
04-23-2006, 09:12 AM
I never was trying to imply a connection between aggression and being picked up. I was *trying* to say that he was aggressive with anyone but my sister and me and, thusly, would not let anyone else pick him up after he became agitated. Hmm, I guess my sis' parentals did not make the wisest choice as he was "the only one sitting all by himself.". Would him coming from any sort of breeder (be it a byb, or whatever? I don't condone that but it was not my decision to make as I did not know about it previously and I was about eleven years old.) make a difference?

He was about six months old when we got him and Alex (sister) and I were always giving him love and attention. Perhaps that's why we were the only ones to receive it.
There is so many byb of rabbits that they are just simply reffered to as breeders. They ALL usually have there rabbits in small cages, all different breeds,them being sick, and being caged one on top of the other. Mostly any rabbit from a petstore(wich I'm assuming is where you got yours from) are from suppliers or random people who decide oh lets make Bobby and Jo have babies.So none of them are really socialized properly,you may get lucky when someone takes the time to play and touch and hold the babies from day 1 but not usually happpen. And being in a petstore something bad could of happpend ie. dropped,attacked by another rabbit,smacked,fur pulled/ears/tail any thiing like that could lead him up to being agressive stuff.