PDA

View Full Version : Oh wise PTers... help me identify the dog! (pic)

Sevaede
04-19-2006, 10:16 PM
Trixie is my moms German Shepherd-Rottie mix. Both of her parents are purebred. Her mama, Treasure, was registered with the AKC. I don't know if her dad is. (It's a long story, one of which I will save for another time.) Anyways. Trixie has this extremely curly q tail. My mom even jokes and asks her "Where'd that Husky tail come from?". So, what is up with that? Why does she have that cute little curly q? :D Pic: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/unbakedbrownie/squirrelwatching.jpg

moosmom
04-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Rottweiler

wolfsoul
04-19-2006, 10:31 PM
Rottweilers with natural tails usually carry them curled over their back (when alert). :)

Alysser
04-19-2006, 10:33 PM
Rottie/Saluki mix? The tail looks like a salukis to me. :rolleyes: Sorry, but it really does.

cyber-sibes
04-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Rottweilers with natural tails usually carry them curled over their back (when alert). :)
I didn't know that! Every one I've ever seen has a docked tail. (Also, it is a little misleading that a husky has a curly tail- that's actually considered a breed fault in siberians. The tail arcs in a cresent shape, but shouldn't curl tight.)

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-19-2006, 10:44 PM
Yep, she would've got that from the Rottweiler :)

luvofallhorses
04-19-2006, 10:49 PM
rottweiler. :)

Sevaede
04-19-2006, 11:47 PM

wow, really? That's so neat! I had one Rottie before but she was given to us and had a docked tail. I've never seen a Rottie that had a natural tail besides Trix! I almost thought it was her GS blood! :P

Sevaede
04-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Rottie/Saluki mix? The tail looks like a salukis to me. :rolleyes: Sorry, but it really does.

Sorry, for what? :P Nope, she is a Rottie-German Shepherd mix. We just couldn't figure out what the deal was with her tail.

I love Salukis.

Sevaede
04-19-2006, 11:52 PM
I didn't know that! Every one I've ever seen has a docked tail. (Also, it is a little misleading that a husky has a curly tail- that's actually considered a breed fault in siberians. The tail arcs in a cresent shape, but shouldn't curl tight.)

Ah, I figured that it was pretty much a fault. It's just a silly joke that we like to play around with! :D

Sevaede
04-19-2006, 11:53 PM
Yep, she would've got that from the Rottweiler :)

Well, I'll be! I will just have to tell her that. Also, I'll have to remember to tell Trix that she's smelly and will be getting a bath soon. She does not like that. ;)

Sevaede
04-19-2006, 11:54 PM
rottweiler. :)

Rott-en is more like it! She is so bad, chasing after kitties and squirrels and whatnot. ;) :D "Hey, it's MY yard."

IRescue452
04-20-2006, 08:01 AM
This page has several pictures of dogs with natural tails. http://www.anti-dockingalliance.co.uk/page_5.htm
Rotties with tails are actually quite common because there are so many rotties unintentionally bred by people who don't know when to get the tails done or don't care to bring the dogs to a vet ever.

cyber-sibes
04-20-2006, 09:04 AM
This page has several pictures of dogs with natural tails. http://www.anti-dockingalliance.co.uk/page_5.htm
Rotties with tails are actually quite common because there are so many rotties unintentionally bred by people who don't know when to get the tails done or don't care to bring the dogs to a vet ever.Thanks for posting this site - I had no idea so many types of dogs got their tails docked! And - Trixie sure is a pretty girl! you can see both the GS & the Rottie in her.

K9soul
04-20-2006, 09:05 AM
I just love rotties with natural tails! Trixie is such a pretty girl :)

Sevaede
04-20-2006, 11:41 PM
Rotties with tails are actually quite common because there are so many rotties unintentionally bred by people who don't know when to get the tails done or don't care to bring the dogs to a vet ever.

Ah, thank you! Heh, we were actually talking about docked tails a few weeks ago. I asked when they did them and she said pretty soon after they're born, a couple of days at the latest (I think).

Sevaede
04-20-2006, 11:45 PM
Thanks for posting this site - I had no idea so many types of dogs got their tails docked! And - Trixie sure is a pretty girl! you can see both the GS & the Rottie in her.

Heh, apparently she was the only one who looked almost identical to Treasure (when they were born) but, as you can see, the Rottweiler shows up a little more in the colour patterns. I think you can definitely see the German Shepherd when you look at her head. Trixie says, "Thank you. I am a beeee-yooo-tiful queen!" What an attitude! :D

Sevaede
04-20-2006, 11:46 PM
I just love rotties with natural tails! Trixie is such a pretty girl :)

She says, "Why, thank you. A girl *must* keep up her figure." :D