PDA

View Full Version : What is this used for?

raycie
04-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Yesterday a friend (who had a dog previously) gave us some of her training things. One of the things that she gave us was a chain link leash with a leather loop-handle. I have been trying to find it on the web, with no success. I did see the one below, but the one that I have is really only about 1 1/2 - 2' long.. the one below is 4'.

Is there a specific use for this short of a leash, or just a short walking one?

Thanks..

dab_20
04-19-2006, 03:44 PM
I think it's so you have more control over the dog. I'm not sure, though.

lv4dogs
04-19-2006, 03:46 PM
All it is is a leash made out of chain instead of leather or nylon or the like. All leashes come in a variety of lengths for personal prefference.

I personally hate the chain leashes, they can really hurt your hands if the dog pulls.

raycie
04-19-2006, 03:55 PM
I have always been used to longer leashes, and used a 6' leather one when training my old dobie.. I thought it would be nice when walking the 2 dogs.. little one on the right (she is pretty good already), bigger one on the left (gotta start training)

Kfamr
04-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Yep, it's just a normal ole leash. Not used for any specific training.

I prefer nylon leashes myself.

lute
04-19-2006, 04:01 PM
All it is is a leash made out of chain instead of leather or nylon or the like. All leashes come in a variety of lengths for personal prefference.

I personally hate the chain leashes, they can really hurt your hands if the dog pulls.
ditto

Muddy4paws
04-19-2006, 04:24 PM
I prefer a softer lead for your hands because if the dog pulls believe me them chains hurt! :p

raycie
04-19-2006, 04:43 PM
I may try and use it later today.. because of the short length, it may be nice as a left-handed, one-handed leash.. leaves the other hand open for the other leash.. Hands wouldn't come in contact with the chain..