PDA

View Full Version : A funny (?) item about an attorney who worked in our law firm....

sasvermont
04-19-2006, 03:42 PM
He was arrested yesterday for doing a "peeping Tom" thing over a partition/wall in a tanning salon. He was trying to take a phone/photo of a girl tanning herself, and she saw his phone in the mirror in her little tanning booth. He was arrested. What a hoot. I feel sorry for his wife and family and friends.....what the heck was he thinking. I hope he goes for therapy and gets this behind him...... He won't get any jail time. I wonder if some poor sucker, not an attorney, did the same thing...I bet he would have been treated differently.

I suspect the attorney will get fired from his job.

Oh well.

I feel most sorry for the girl he was peeping on........

SAS

gemini9961
04-19-2006, 04:20 PM
:eek: :D :rolleyes: Too funny. Glad he was caught, the embarrassment alone should be horrendous torture.

lizbud
04-19-2006, 04:26 PM
:eek: :D :rolleyes: Too funny. Glad he was caught, the embarrassment alone should be horrendous torture.

I agree.... What a dumb thing to do.Probably set his career back years.
Most first time offenders on non-violent offenses get probation & a fine.

Barbara
04-19-2006, 04:28 PM
How stupid of him! Peeping is bad enough- but using his little mobile phone camera! How incredibly stupid!

elizabethann
04-19-2006, 07:24 PM
What a waste of an education.

Karen
04-19-2006, 07:47 PM
Advanced degrees do not eliminate the ability to be stupid, sadly.

~Ginny~
04-19-2006, 08:05 PM
I feel bad for the girl.. Not for the guy.. He knew what was coming and the consequences and he still did it!

Killearn Kitties
04-20-2006, 07:52 AM
What was he thinking???

Did he show any peculiar tendencies while you worked with him?

sasvermont
04-20-2006, 08:17 AM
But he does hang out with some of the current attorneys ... the paper said that this happened on Feb. 7, and his hearing was two days ago, thus the coverage in the paper and on the news.

I, too, feel sorry for the girl and not for him.

I never really liked the guy, but he was always polite, etc.

Guess he has some issues. Part of his no contest plea was to get counselling.

Yes, my guess is that his career has taken a major step backwards.

What a fool.

moosmom
04-20-2006, 08:47 AM
What a fool is right. His career down the tubes, his education also wasted because he couldn't control and impulse. No contest is an informal guilty plea. I hope he does get help. Serves him right.

Cataholic
04-20-2006, 09:01 AM
WAH!!!!!

And here I thought attorneys were perfect and beyond reproach! :D

moosmom
04-20-2006, 09:24 AM
And here I thought attorneys were perfect and beyond reproach!

Only in THEIR minds!! :p

cloverfdx
04-20-2006, 09:37 AM
I dont see whats funny about the situation :rolleyes:. Heres hoping the police actually do something about it and not let it slide.

king2005
04-20-2006, 09:44 AM
Stupid fool!

Now that his name is plastered all over the place it'll be hard for him to get a new job & I'm sure his relationship with his wife isn't going so well. Hope she kicked him in the nuts for that!

BC_MoM
04-20-2006, 12:18 PM
Why are people treated differently because of their occupations, famous-selves, etc..?

I don't understand. :(

Rachel
04-20-2006, 03:48 PM
Obviously a troubled soul. At least he got caught. Maybe now he can face up to needing to acknowledge and hopefully find a way to rid himself of these perverted tendencies, and not victimize any more young women.

gini
04-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Sometimes women have snickered that possibly, quite possibly, a man's brain is located in a different part of his body than our brains are.

With this thread, I rest my case (and I am not even an attorney :D ).