PDA

View Full Version : Easter Contest Finals!

Roxyluvsme13
04-19-2006, 03:21 PM
My major apologies for just now posting these!

Jack
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/TinkLvr013/jack.jpg
The Muttlies
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/TinkLvr013/muttlies.jpg
Anita
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/TinkLvr013/anita.jpg
Dakota
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/TinkLvr013/dakota.jpg
Riley
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/TinkLvr013/riley.jpg
Allie
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/TinkLvr013/allieeaster.jpg

If you want to post your pics bigger feel free to do so! Photobucket sized them weird yet again.

Anita Cholaine
04-19-2006, 03:55 PM
I voted :) Good luck everybody!

dab_20
04-19-2006, 04:09 PM
I voted. Great pictures everyone! :)

*sled_dog*
04-19-2006, 09:54 PM
voted, And BuMp!... :)

luvofallhorses
04-19-2006, 10:00 PM
I voted and good luck everyone! :)

cyber-sibes
04-19-2006, 10:40 PM
Thanks to all of you - these pictures are fun & all of them put a smile on my face!

zoomer
04-20-2006, 11:02 AM
I voted, good luck everybody

BC_MoM
04-20-2006, 11:35 AM
I voted.. Good luck to everyone :D

lvpets2002
04-20-2006, 11:38 AM
;) Well I voted & all of them are cutie pies.. Hint on vote my guy is really not a egg head :D ..

Kfamr
04-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Great, my dogs are in dead last. :(

K9soul
04-20-2006, 01:54 PM
If you are a really sensitive person (like me) or a perfectionist type, these things can get to you more than they shoud. Being on the outside of this situation, I hope I can offer some perspective that might otherwise be hard to see. First of all I always feel, and always say, that these photo contests should be about the PHOTO, not the dog.

When I vote, I do not vote for my "favorite" dog at all! I vote for my favorite actual photo, the one that really grabs me, sticks out as a beautiful photo that represents the theme and so on and so forth. They are all good, all the ones here made it to the finals so they are the cream of the crop! I was thrilled a year or so ago when Tommy's entry made it to a final, and even though he got last in the final I was just touched that he made it that far. Personally I saw photos against his that I just thought were a bit better than mine, so I couldn't in good consicous vote for my own pic when I felt there was one better. If I viewed it as voting for the actual DOG, well of course I'd have to always vote for mine :D.

I just think sometimes these things can become a bit personal, taken a bit too personal. If you find yourself hurt a lot in these situations and unable to just enjoy the fun factor of it I'd just take a break with entries for awhile perhaps. I've done that before, I'm certainly not immune to taking things wrong and being sensitive. I know a few who don't participate at all simply because they know they'd feel hurt and that's probably best for them.

Anyway, I didn't mean to write an essay.. but I hope that maybe those who might feel bad by fewer votes can see it from a different angle and not feel hurt and saddened by it :). Hugs to all, and ALL are beautiful Easter pictures and of course ALL the dogs are winners!

dab_20
04-20-2006, 03:28 PM

Don't feel bad, I've entered three contests and all my photos were last. I just brush it off and strive to do better next time. Your photo was great, as was all the others. :)

Vela
04-20-2006, 03:31 PM

I agree with the others above. Don't feel bad if you don't win this time, you always have lots of replies to your pictures and it's not a reflection of your dogs or you, it's just one picture.

finn's mom
04-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Great photos! I voted...

Kfamr
04-20-2006, 04:12 PM
No worries. I wasn't incredibly hurt. I was just upset from work and coming home and seeing this made me feel worse - now I don't care at all. I think the photo is good.

I know in my heart my dogs are #1 - and that's all that will EVER matter to me. ;) My dogs have won their fair share of online contests. :)

~Ginny~
04-20-2006, 04:20 PM
If you are a really sensitive person (like me) or a perfectionist type, these things can get to you more than they shoud. Being on the outside of this situation, I hope I can offer some perspective that might otherwise be hard to see. First of all I always feel, and always say, that these photo contests should be about the PHOTO, not the dog.

When I vote, I do not vote for my "favorite" dog at all! I vote for my favorite actual photo, the one that really grabs me, sticks out as a beautiful photo that represents the theme and so on and so forth. They are all good, all the ones here made it to the finals so they are the cream of the crop! I was thrilled a year or so ago when Tommy's entry made it to a final, and even though he got last in the final I was just touched that he made it that far. Personally I saw photos against his that I just thought were a bit better than mine, so I couldn't in good consicous vote for my own pic when I felt there was one better. If I viewed it as voting for the actual DOG, well of course I'd have to always vote for mine :D.

I just think sometimes these things can become a bit personal, taken a bit too personal. If you find yourself hurt a lot in these situations and unable to just enjoy the fun factor of it I'd just take a break with entries for awhile perhaps. I've done that before, I'm certainly not immune to taking things wrong and being sensitive. I know a few who don't participate at all simply because they know they'd feel hurt and that's probably best for them.

Anyway, I didn't mean to write an essay.. but I hope that maybe those who might feel bad by fewer votes can see it from a different angle and not feel hurt and saddened by it :). Hugs to all, and ALL are beautiful Easter pictures and of course ALL the dogs are winners!

Eaxsactly, I noticed that, that's how it works around here... And it saddens me that someone will vote for a certain pet just because they know or like or whatever (etc.)the owner or the pet T_T

Roxyluvsme13
04-22-2006, 05:33 PM
Congrats to...
1st Place-Jack
2nd Place-Dakota
3rd Place-Allie
:D

k9krazee
04-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Congrats to all the dogs that made it to the finals!!

Jack sends kisses and tailwags to those that voted for him!!!! :p