PDA

View Full Version : MegaBucks won in Ohio - anyone we know?

gini
04-19-2006, 01:16 PM
The Mega Bucks prize of $265,000,000. was won in Cincinnati?

Is it anyone that we know? Oh, how happy it would make me if one of our very own won that prize!!

Jessika
04-19-2006, 01:33 PM
holy poop that is a lot of money! Someone is VERRRRRRY lucky! Hey, if it was one of us, share the wealth :D

Aspen and Misty
04-19-2006, 01:41 PM
If it is one of us...

maybe we will get Pet Talk ville after all ;)

Goodness knows they could afford to build it with that much money :eek:

Ashley

gini
04-19-2006, 01:50 PM
:D :D They say that one of the problems of winning this much money is that you have relatives and friends coming out of the woodwork that you didn't even know you had - and everyone is so willing to help you spend it.

There was a couple in California that were both on unemployment as they had lost their jobs - they were in danger of losing their home and then they won the lottery.

These are the stories that make me happy.

Cataholic
04-19-2006, 02:02 PM
I can assure you, it wasn't I! :(

slick
04-19-2006, 03:20 PM
This is an insane amount of money. I wouldn't want it. I hope whoever won it was someone that really needs it.

elizabethann
04-19-2006, 03:34 PM
:D :D They say that one of the problems of winning this much money is that you have relatives and friends coming out of the woodwork that you didn't even know you had - and everyone is so willing to help you spend it.

Yes. I believe I'm related to the winner. The winner is my 4th cousin removed from my Father's Uncle's Cousin's Sister's side. :D Heeheehee. ;)

lv4dogs
04-19-2006, 03:42 PM
I wouldn't want it.
Gah, that made me about keel over, sure thats a lot of money and I wouldn't need it all but I'd surely take it. Even if I didn't need it I'd still want it so I can use it for more usefull things than what some other people may consider useful. Sure I really need some and what I don't need I'd be donating a lot to animals & people in need not fancy cars & the such.

joycenalex
04-19-2006, 05:11 PM
**SIGH** it sure wasn't me. i did buy mine at a krogers here in columbus, and when i half heard it was here in ohio and at a krogers, i got woozy. i'd grab the money, after i talked to my lawyer, financial planner and boss. i'd do my best to keep my id quiet too.

Cincy'sMom
04-19-2006, 05:14 PM
My sis lives in Cincy...I'm sure if they won, I'll never hear about it!!!

Craftlady
04-19-2006, 08:14 PM
The Kroger store is giving their commission from the sale of the winning ticket to charity. Thought that was really nice.

Dakota's Mommy
04-20-2006, 11:53 AM
My sis lives in Cincy...I'm sure if they won, I'll never hear about it!!!

Oh come on sis! I'd tell ya. You know I'd be spoiling your pups and all. I might even buy you a thing or two. LOL. Unfortunately, we are not the lucky winners either. It's hard to win when you don't buy a ticket. I haven't heard yet who the lucky winners are. The only thing I've caught on the news is that the ticket was bought at the Corryville Kroger, which is down by the university, and the news of the Kroger donating their earning to local charities. Just as many of you, I hope it was somebody who truely needed the money!

BC_MoM
04-20-2006, 12:00 PM
You know..

If I ever one that much money, I would NOT spend it all on a big house, a sleek car,.. or anything like that!

I would pay off all of the money my parents owe for loans and their mortgage.. I would buy the last bit of supplies my Dad needs to finish renovating the house.. because he loves doing it! I would buy us a nice second vehicle, but nothing like a Hummer or anything.. just something nice.. my Dad likes the GMC Envoy.

I'd give some money to my relatives.

I would then donate to all the rescue shelters and societies around my province.

The women we rescued Mickey from is dieing of cancer and has one year to live. It was her dream to build a huge facility for all of the rescue dogs.. home style, though! No kennels! I would love to contribute and pay for it to be built.

Cincy'sMom
04-20-2006, 05:58 PM
Oh come on sis! I'd tell ya. You know I'd be spoiling your pups and all. I might even buy you a thing or two. LOL. Unfortunately, we are not the lucky winners either. It's hard to win when you don't buy a ticket. I haven't heard yet who the lucky winners are. The only thing I've caught on the news is that the ticket was bought at the Corryville Kroger, which is down by the university, and the news of the Kroger donating their earning to local charities. Just as many of you, I hope it was somebody who truely needed the money!

I shopped at that Kroger for 5 years and I never won anything!!

Being in that area of town, it has a good potential of someone who needed it. It is mostly college students and low income.