PDA

View Full Version : What is the worst thing your cat has ever done?

Gin
04-18-2006, 07:58 PM
We love our little fuzzbutts dearly, but they can drive us crazy sometimes. What is the worst, the most horrible thing your cat has ever done? My cats have wreaked a fair amount of havoc over the years, but two incidents stand out in my memory:

My RB cat, Loki, (who always lived up to his name) once pushed my brand new, $200 wristwatch off the nightstand and broke it. And more recently, my Sasquatch pushed a bouquet of flowers off the dining room table, vase, water, and all. That was a dark day for all concerned.

Let's hear your stories.

lute
04-18-2006, 08:12 PM
PiddyBob once got on top of the bird cage and knocked it over! scared the poor bird to death!

Pete he's the most well behaved cat i've ever had. i can;t think of anything terrible he's done.

Uabassoon
04-18-2006, 08:31 PM
Tibby and Corkscrew broke my tv once. They were chasing each other and ran behind the television and knocked it over.

catmandu
04-18-2006, 08:35 PM
JJJ3 landed on a Vcr and broke the sitch where you connect the cable.
Lucky the Video In and Adio in worked.
And he broke a Commerative Plate that was a Gift from My Mother.
But hes such a Good Cat.

catnapper
04-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Pouncer: Falling off the balcony. Scared me to death.

Pouncer: falling off the bookcase and biting my mom - hurt her badly and cost me a small fortune in subsequent vet bills

Harry: shredding the paper for my son's psych evaluation - still sent the shredded form to the physchiatrist

Allen: he's a good boy

Flutter: A good girl

Abby: A good girl

rg_girlca
04-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Wow, I can honestly say that none of my cats have ever done anything that I can say is the worst thing. Nothing like I've read here. :eek:

The only thing I get annoyed at with them, is when I am trying to walk up the hall with gorceries and they decide to walk in front of me at such a slow pace that I am almost tripping over them. Or they walk between my legs.

G535
04-18-2006, 09:54 PM
Finnigan's a purrfect angel too, I can't think of one bad thing he's done in almost thirteen years! :)

carole
04-18-2006, 10:37 PM
My RB Sooti and my Lexie have both torn my net curtains, so bad i had to take them down, we no longer have nets in the upstairs bedrooms only downstairs, and they have a few kitty holes in them too, alas the joys of being a furmother. :)

zoey
04-19-2006, 12:29 AM
I don't have a cat now, but when I was a kid, we had a siamese named Samantha, and I remember her going nuts and toppling the Christmas tree, with all it's decorations and lights!

Sevaede
04-19-2006, 12:33 AM
RB Tier got into the garbage can a couple of times.

Isis loves to sit by the gerbil cage and glare at him.

Soni knocked over the gerbil cage last night. It just shook Mortos up though and nothing fell out. He wheaked at Soni. Also, Boy Cat loves to chew open the closed bags of cat food, even though he has a full bowl, so it all spills when meowmie goes to put it in the container.

So, nothing really terrible I suppose.

orangemm
04-19-2006, 04:45 AM
Archy pulled over one of our birdcages when he was a kitten, scaring the devil out of him and the birds!

Binky hated our new house at first and clawed up the carpet in one of the rooms. We had put the boys in there the first night we spent. Then he peed on my papasan chair (sigh). Took him a while to settle down.

Other than that, they are good boys!

critters
04-19-2006, 06:45 AM
Where to start--Purrz and Magic turned on the water (hot) and flooded the house ($1000), Spunk ate my keyboard and fried the motherboard ($600), Tad and Jazz each turned the stove on and started fires...

critter crazy
04-19-2006, 07:00 AM
well cinamon is really a pretty good cat, but she has in the past climbed up my sheer window curtains, and probably the most annoying thing she does is every morning turns on my touch lamp next to my bed 5:30 am as soon as my hubbys alarm goes off!! :D

mruffruff
04-19-2006, 07:57 AM
Shai used to pee on my toothbrush every night for a while. She finally gave that up.

And one or more (of the 12) used to spray my kitchen television, until it quit working.

At least no floods or fires! ;)

BitsyNaceyDog
04-19-2006, 08:09 AM
I can't think of anything too bad that they've done. Oliver, Raisin, and Sundae are perfect angels. Jimmy and Kitten are my trouble makers, but I can't think of anything too bad that they've done.

elizabethann
04-19-2006, 08:16 AM
Hmmm...lets see.....

Cosmo: knocked over my bedroom lamp and broke it to pieces.

Maxie: jumped out the second story window.

Those are the only 2 things I can remember but I'm sure if I thought long & hard, I can come up with a dozen or two more. :D

EDIT...oh wait...I just thought of something else. Cosmo ate my computer wires and I now don't have the use of my speakers OR my printer. (I knew I'd remember something else).

Maresche
04-19-2006, 08:44 AM
Terra: urinated on the couch while I was sitting on the other end of it. She was reacting to the fostering I was doing which I have since stopped. She's had no such issues since.

Misty RB kitty: sat for prolonged periods of time on top of the parakeet's cage and literally scared the bird to death. We couldn't get her to quit the habit so we never got another parakeet.

Tabis, mother's cat: relieved himself in the lap of her second husband. However, the husband proved to be a real jerk to put it very lightly, so I'm not sure if this was such a bad thing.

Hana RB kitty: a perfect angel

Misao: a perfect angel

K & L
04-19-2006, 10:18 AM
Just peed on our new EXPENSIVE digital camera which now doesn't work! :mad:

jennawing
04-19-2006, 10:44 AM
Mouse shreds every new shower curtain we get within the first week.

Titus steals bags of dog treats and eats them and then pukes them up.

Booger once jumped off the top of a shelf onto the ceiling fan and broke the blade off

Booger also knnocked my husband's birthday cake off the top of the fridge, shattering the glass cake holder- and causing him to have no cake for his birthday.

Booger also sprays like a boy when she is mad, and she has sprayed everyone at least once- my husband several times. She will also spray on visitors' suitcases, purses, coats, etc- anything that smells like someone else's cat- so if you ever come to my house- better keep your stuff in the closet. She sprayed the TV once and it stopped working, but then again after it dried out, I guess.

That makes Booger sound really bad, but she's just been around long enough to have done more things. Mouse and Titus are the ones always climbing doorframes and jumping off the tops of doors onto your head when you walk by.

Hermie never does ANYTHING, so she hasn't done anything evil.

Not a cat, but Sirius the gsd/pit mix- peed on my router and had to buy a new one. He also peed on my bed 4 times in one week when we got a new dog. SO had to wash all my bedding 4 times, too- which is 5 loads each time cause I have several mattress pads. GRRRRRRR Then when I decided to close him out of my room, he peed on my daughter's bed twice in one day.

Chester the rat has taken out 3 ethernet cables, an mp3player, and a hamster. He has a new cage he can't escape now.

aki
04-19-2006, 11:07 AM
Where to start--Purrz and Magic turned on the water (hot) and flooded the house ($1000), Spunk ate my keyboard and fried the motherboard ($600), Tad and Jazz each turned the stove on and started fires fires... :eek: :eek: :eek: OH MY GOODNESS!

We used to call Chuck the Tasmanian Devil when he was little. He poked holes in all our shower curtains with his teeth. Climbed the walls. Shredded the back of the entertainment center (was the kind with the cardboard fake wood looking back). Tore apart phone books. Chewed the feet and hands off all my daughter's Barbies then dragged them around by the hair. :rolleyes:

Thankfully he hasn't broken anything. LOL

Once he got fixed, he settled right down and now is a good boy. :D

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
04-19-2006, 11:48 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Coco-Opens the cupboard, gets her food out, tears it open and eats it, then throws it up lol

Coco-Ruined every center rug that we have ever had causing us to replace them 2 times a year!

Caramel-Ohhh boy to many to name but here are a few! Broke several glasses and vases, dug up house plants and broke the pots, ruined a rug that Mom had rolled up to take back and she ended up having to keep it! Constantly pushing his cat bed into the heater causing several smokey situations!

But I love them and wouldnt trade them in for anything :D

orangemm
04-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Whoa! After reading about the other troublemakers, I guess ours aren't bad at all!

Fire, flood, shredded rugs and furniture, peeing and chewing Barbies? My boys are ANGELS! :) ;)

joanofark
04-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Hobo likes to attack you leggs when your walking all of the time. And he also meows ALLLLLL night long, every night and keeps us up.

I think the worst thing a cat has ever done was peed on my parents in bed!! (Three times!!) My RB cat, Necko adored me, but hated my parents!! :p

MomToThree
04-19-2006, 04:21 PM
Cubby broke one of my Dad's model cars. My Dad and I worked on this one for a few months. So when he passed I took the car. I was cleaning the area around the car so I moved it to a near by table. Cubby knew he was not allowed on that table. So he jumped up then and jumped down after he hear the big crash. He ran under the bed and wouldn't come out. I thought I was going to have a stroke or a heart attack from the stress of it all.

Cubby also got out the window a few weeks ago. We started looking for him because I fed him and Rachel and Cubby didn't show up. He was out there for about 10 minutes. Then when I started to get mad at hubby for leaving the window open it started to hail and here comes Cubby, trying to get inside again. :) Thank God my back yard is all fenced in. There is no way he would have left the back yard unless he grew wings. :)

Rachel is perfect. She doesn't really do to much. :) Unless you call sneaking out the screen door bad. Except hubby and I were outside and saw the whole thing.

RedHedd
04-19-2006, 04:41 PM
The worst thing Mitzi has done is unplugged the computer power strip and my cell phone charger - both while playing roughhouse with Mishi.

Mishi is just too big and clumsy to be destructive on purpose. Lately he's slipped a couple of times getting into the tub - his favorite! - and splashed water from his water dish, but that's about it.

Guess I'm lucky - good furkids; frustrating sometimes, but at least they're not too destructive.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
04-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Sebastian: The worst thing he's done is bit Bailey's pee pee and wrecked my curtains. :p

Amadeus: Wrecked my curtains! :mad: I am in a rental so I will have to pay for the damages! Sebastian helped him on this one.

Augustus: A purrfect angel.

I'm sure there is more my two terrors have done, but those are by far the worst. Auggy hasn't done anything I would classify as bad. LOL! :D

CalliesMom
04-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Shadow used to pee on the floor right in front of our front door when we lived in Tucson..loved walking into that apartment. When we lived in AL, she peed in her bed 2-3 times and it soaked through to the floor. :rolleyes:

Whisper likes to bite Shadow and rip her fur out. He's gotten to the point now where he likes to attack her when she is in the litter box.. :mad: No wonder she would pee on the floor. I'm curbing that behavior BTW. We are back to spritzing him with water. :rolleyes:

Callie likes to jump on things she really shouldn't. She jumped on my brand new chest of drawers in my bedroom and put a nice HUGE scratch on there. She's put scratches on my father's hutch, our dining room table, computer table, and pretty much any other item in the house that is wood. OH WELL..I still love her and it is only material possessions. ;)

chocolatepuppy
04-19-2006, 05:16 PM
Sassy chewed my answering machine cord in half after I got Missy.I know it was her because Missy was kept in the bathroom when I first got her and wasn't home so Sassy couldn't beat her up. ;)

RICHARD
04-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Ed? He's the most perfect cat in the world...

Maybe not.... :rolleyes:

Lizzie
04-19-2006, 08:02 PM
I'm relieved to see that others have pee-ers and sprayers because I'm still replacing walls, hinges, trims, blinds, lamps, furniture, books, doors, parquet flooring, sub-floors, carpeting, etc. that Loki (yes, I had one too and he also lived up to his name) spent fourteen of his fifteen years spraying on. He peed in the back burner so many times that it leaked into the oven through a vent and I had to replace the stove. And he twice sprayed straight up into my face while I was stroking him and being nice to him. I see, though, that he wasn't the only cat to pee on someone - that made me laugh and feel better. He's the only cat that I didn't pay to have privately cremated after he died; he's buried in the garden.

A few weekends ago, I tossed out a queen box-spring and mattress, an ottoman and a love seat because both Taranis and Tom had competed to see who could pee and spray the most. I'd cleaned those pieces of furniture many times, but they could be cleaned no longer. Now Taranis and Tom are living on a concrete sub-floor with one strip of carpet, one chair each and a climber.

My Artful Dodger once jumped down onto my head while I was sitting on the sofa and he was at the top of a very tall cat climber. My neck ached for weeks afterwards. He was the one who could open any door, drawer or cupboard - and then left the door open so Loki could go in and pee.

Shahdee had a passion for bra and camisole straps, wool clothing and blankets, and fibreglass insulation. She always ate the middle out of a sleeve or front of a sweater, they were completely unrepairable - and, again, Dodger opened the drawers for her. It's amazing that she lived to 17.

Dallas is always knocking things down or over, and then panics and knocks over something else, but he hasn't actually broken anything yet - give him time, he's only been out of new cat isolation for a week.

critters
04-20-2006, 06:23 AM
Somebody ate (then ripped apart) 3 sets of blinds; they peed on the dryer until it corroded terribly, and glass breakages are usually monthly.

Probably most annoying is when Spunk, my blind punk, launches onto my shoulder from a height, such as off the fridge; while I admire her willingness to attempt such a feat, her aim ain't the greatest, and her claws are evil..

The usual pooping and peeing applies, too.

Pawsitive Thinking
04-20-2006, 06:55 AM
As far as I know Brody hasn't done anything baaaaaad but Cally once caught a bat mid-flight and presented me with the headless remains :eek: :eek:

QueenScoopalot
04-20-2006, 08:08 AM
Well THANK GOD there's many of us with nawty cats! I too have been peed on by RB Nougat, had stoves ruined, toasters (I don't have one anymore) furniture etc. "Sweet Pea" takes her name literally now. For good reason she's pretty much confined to the bedroom where oddly enough she's well behaved, but when she's out she gets picked on and whizzes (and poops) on the counters, or top of the refrigerator. :rolleyes: If I changed her name would she behave? :confused: Of course I have my share of brawls here as well, which often commence with the usual p**s on whatever surface is near. :rolleyes: I have two x-toms that go out and spend time peeing on stuff outside. If they aren't let out...I pay the price as they will stand in front of me and whizz on things in the hall! :eek: Someday very soon I'll follow through with my threats of super glue & corks! :mad:

aki
04-20-2006, 09:33 AM
Wow guys! I really feel fortunate. I don't think Chuck has ever peed or poopied outside his box. Maybe because he is an only cat. Our dog however is nawtie like that. :mad:

Beauty17
04-20-2006, 09:59 AM
The worst two things my beloved one-time cat Myrtille did happened just after we got her, and I have mentioned them here before. Once, she stepped into the upright freezer and we didn't realize it. Thank goodness we hadn't left the kitchen when she started meowing from the darkness and the cold, or she would have been frozen! What a horror! And the other thing she did was when my husband was - um - standing at the toilet. She put her little paws up on the rim, watching the enchanting waterfall, and suddenly, without warning, jumped in under it!!! A bath immediately followed, and she did not try that experiment again.

Our beloved one-time cat Tzigane did a particularly bad thing when we were staying in New Mexico in a historic property that belonged to a foundation. We were there on a grant - my husband was writing. We had to leave a deposit for damage to the antique adobe house we were staying in. The cats were there under suffrance - with promises that they were extremely well behaved, that they didn't go out, etc. Tzigane liked to lie in the very wide wooden windowsill of the bathroom, for hours at a time, watching people go by on their way to the main administration office and their other private offices. This was naughty enough, since it annoyed the director. But what was the worst was that we discovered when it was time to leave that during her long stints in the window, she had whiled away the hours by "whittling" the windowsill! We were horrified! But a little sanding and Old English polish left the windowsill looking as new - or as old - as when we moved in. Bad, bad cat!!!

moosmom
04-20-2006, 12:31 PM
I've learned over the years that I cannot POSSIBLY have the following:

Fresh flowers
REAL plants

My cat Maya Linn ate some beads off a favorite sweater of mine a while back. She wasn't looking too good, like she ate something she shouldn't have!! I was fortunate enough to have medicine to help her. That'll teach her to eat stuff she shouldn't.

jazzcat
04-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Ripley holds the record here. I was hosting a reception for my brother and his new wife and I brought the large sheet cake home from the bakery the night before. About 1 am that night Ripley jumped up on the dining table where the cake was and jumped on the top of the large cake box and broke through it leaving two giant paw prints in the cake. I had to go the bakery first thing that morning and have them "repair the damage" and then as we cut the cake to serve people I cut out that paw print area and threw it away while no one was looking.

I laugh about it now but good gosh was I one stressed out person when it happened.

Donnaj4962
04-20-2006, 02:03 PM
Cute thread....

My sweet little Tabitha, several years ago, was playing with me, and when I went to give her a quick kiss, she thought we were still playing! I pulled back immediately, and Tabitha got my lip. It ripped, and I had to get 2 stitches! Those were the first set of stitches that I had ever gotten! (And I was 42 at the time!)

She also, when she was younger, and before she got spayed, backed her little fuzzy butt onto my arm while I was sound asleep, and peed on me! :eek: Her spaying appointment was made the very next day! ;)

Now Sasha! Well, she is fascinated with the toilet. She comes running from out of nowhere as soon as she hears the lid being lifted! (I have to keep it down to keep her out of the water!) Several times, she has appeared, and as I was sitting down, she jumped onto the seat, and then fell into the bowl! :eek:

Another time, she was exploring on top of the refrigerator where I was keeping a plastic bag (like what you get at the grocery) full of candy to take to work for the "candy jar". The bag was in a large metal bowl, and she brought the bowl, and bag of candy down all at once. Suddenly, here comes "Super Sasha" with a plastic bag cape attached to her neck! She flew through the house several times, making a passby me so fast that I couldn't catch her! She finally landed behind the couch and I was able to remove her cape! :rolleyes:

I am sure that there are lots of other adventures, but I cannot think of them at this time.

I love hearing of the antics of our other PT babies!

critter crazy
04-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Wow guys! I really feel fortunate. I don't think Chuck has ever peed or poopied outside his box. Maybe because he is an only cat. Our dog however is nawtie like that. :mad:
same here!! I only have one cat and she is well behaved!! she did poop on my bathroom floor one about a week after i brought her home as a 1 month old kitten. But that was to tell me she had worms!! which we fixed right away!! other than that she has been a dol!! :D

joycenalex
04-20-2006, 07:21 PM
:eek: :eek: i am soooo glad my cats cannot read....they don't need advice in this area

Beauty17
04-21-2006, 09:32 AM
I just remembered two more things that my beloved one-time cat Myrtille did. When we were in our year-long temporary adobe in Santa Fe, someone (a groundskeeper, we think) accidentally let Myrtille out. Later that night, we heard meowing and we couldn't figure out where it was coming from. We hadn't realized yet that Myrtille was missing. Finally, we heard claws on the skylight in the living room. She was at least smart enough to see the light coming from inside and hear us in the living room, and she was standing on the skylight crying to come in. Fortunately, the house was low enough that she could hop off the roof into my husband's arms. On our way home after our year in SF, we stopped at my parents' for a week's rest. One day we heard mysterious overhead meowing, and it was Myrtille again. This time, she had managed to find a hole in the ceiling panels in the back closet, and she had climbed up into the rafters. With coaxing, she came down, and everyone was careful to keep that closet door closed from then on out. There are dangers everywhere for curious cats.

Sevaede
04-21-2006, 04:33 PM
The worst two things my beloved one-time cat Myrtille did happened just after we got her, and I have mentioned them here before. Once, she stepped into the upright freezer and we didn't realize it. Thank goodness we hadn't left the kitchen when she started meowing from the darkness and the cold, or she would have been frozen! What a horror! And the other thing she did was when my husband was - um - standing at the toilet. She put her little paws up on the rim, watching the enchanting waterfall, and suddenly, without warning, jumped in under it!!! A bath immediately followed, and she did not try that experiment again.

Oh wow! Another one! Both of the boy cats that my husband and I have had did that. I cannot believe they actually jumped into the toilet and the stream! XD

prechrswife
04-21-2006, 08:08 PM
I think our worst had to be when Chloe knocked my husband's glasses off of the dresser, and then my husband stepped on them when he walked into the dark room. Funny enough, when he took the glasses in to have them repaired, the people in the eye doctor's office were not all that surprised.