PDA

View Full Version : Need some help...

raycie
04-18-2006, 04:51 PM
Just got Violet at the pound over the weekend.. The tag said that she is rott-mix, but one of the workers thought she could be manchester terrier-mix and some other people think she looks dobie-mix... anyone have any ideas? She does kinda look dobie, but also has the winkly forhead when alert. Also has this stiff like stance usually when alert and forhead is wrinkly...

Thanks for the help..

Alysser
04-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Rottie/dobie mix! :) She's beautiful

lvpets2002
04-18-2006, 04:58 PM
:) First of all Welcome to Pet Talk & enjoy the talks & pictures..
;) Second of all I know your new baby is a Cutie & Sweetie pie mix.. Adorable.. I would say a Rott-Dobie mix also..

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-18-2006, 05:25 PM
Maybe Doberman/Lab? or Doberman/Rottweiler? She looks more Dobe to me than she does Rott. She's beautiful :)

BCollie_Kelly
04-18-2006, 05:42 PM
I see dobie, and possibly lab. Not much rottie if you ask me...
She is adorable, how old is she?

Karen
04-18-2006, 05:47 PM
How old is she and how big? Tons of dogs, from the Miniature Pinscher up to Black and Tan Coonhounds have that same coloring, but everyone automatically assumes Rottie or Doberman.

raycie
04-18-2006, 06:04 PM
Umm.. and Ummm...

We are going to the vet today to get a better idea of the age and do a check-up.. I would say that right now she is about 30 lbs. The tag at the hawaiian humane society said she was about 1 year old, but the way that she is acting, and the way she looks, a lot of ppl think she is 9-10 months.. Hopefully the vet will better be able to determine..
funny as someone said that she looks like she either has a lab or a German Shepard back end..

sammy101
04-18-2006, 06:14 PM
I see Dobie in her,not sure what else. I dont see any Rotti though.She is a very pretty girl! :)

lute
04-18-2006, 06:35 PM
WELCOME TO PT!!!

i'm guessing dobe and rottie. whatever she is she's REALLY cute! WAY TO GO FOR ADOPTING!!! :D

Karen
04-18-2006, 06:44 PM
I see no Rottie in her shape, either of her head, muzzle or body. It'll be interesting to see what the vet says agewise. And at just 30 pounds, she's too small to be even Lab/Shepherd. She's got the narrow head of a Doberman or a Manchester terrier, even, but she may just always be a shelter mystery breed!

k9krazee
04-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Welcome to PT!!!!

I see no Rottie in her shape, either of her head, muzzle or body.

Yeah, I don't see Rott either :confused: I would guess Dobie mix...but I don't know. But I do know that she is GORGEOUS! And good for you for adopting her! :D

raycie
04-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Thanks!!! Yep she is a good girl and a little baby.... She is starting to get along with Bailey (female Border Terrier - Shitzu), and also Molly (cat). Molly is the most curious sho this monster is.. (Bailey is small)...

Will let you know what the vet says... maybe the vet will have a better idea what she is as well..

Giselle
04-18-2006, 07:48 PM
How old is she and how big? Tons of dogs, from the Miniature Pinscher up to Black and Tan Coonhounds have that same coloring, but everyone automatically assumes Rottie or Doberman.
Agreed 100%! I replied to your other thread in the Behavior section, but I have to agree with Karen. 30 pounds is way too small for a modern day Dobe/Rottie mix. If you have a full body shot, that would really help, as well, but for the time being, she looks more Manchester Terrier than anything else.

IRescue452
04-18-2006, 09:45 PM
She's tiny! Look at her compared to the size of that chair. Maybe she's a small dobie mix, or maybe a terrier mix of sorts.

Jessika
04-18-2006, 09:47 PM
Well I definitely do not see any Rot; the face is much too narrow and the mouth too long! The funny thing about guessing breeds is that a lot of people think "oh a black dog with copper points - it MUST be part Rott!" when that is entirely not the case lol

I would say he does not have any Rott in him at all, I do see some Dobe though!

carole
04-18-2006, 10:39 PM
She looks beautiful and like a dobie/rottie to me,although much more doberman, she just has the colouring of a rottie i suppose, i once owned a doberman mix, but she was all black no tan but had the doberman long snout, very cute and hey welcome to PT.

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-18-2006, 11:29 PM
I didn't realize she was so small...in that case, I'd say she's probably a Doberman mixed with some sort of smaller breed but I'm awful at breed guesses. Chances are likely, she's just a mutt mixed with a mutt and you'll never know for certain but I do see Dobe for some reason...not sure what it is.

raycie
04-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Went to the vet yesterday.. he didn't help.. There should be some sort of thread on bad vets with seriously no beside manner... I do know now that she is 37lbs and about 9 months...

Will be taking her to another place on friday.. will ask them what they think.. Will post some standing pics later...

Thanks all..