PDA

View Full Version : Kitten

Fidget the Ferret
04-18-2006, 03:02 PM
I found a little baby tabby on Easter Sunday! I was so dazed I just scooped him up and it was a good thing I did, because a car was about to run over the little fuzzball! My friend was there too, but she didn't see him until I was halfway across the street. I was trying to keep him, and it looked as if I could have, so I told my friend she could help name it. We were going to name him Cloudkit, from the book series Warriors by Erin Hunter. But as it turns out, I couldn't keep him but she could! So, all of a sudden, I had no say in what it was going to be named, and Cloudkit was now a stupid name!! :mad: We haven't spoken for 3 days!!

moosmom
04-18-2006, 03:05 PM
How about worrying more about the kitten's health as opposed to it's name. Have you taken it to the vet to be tested for Feline Leukemia and Feline Aids, dewormed and vaccinations???

lvpets2002
04-18-2006, 03:10 PM
:) First of all Welcome to Pet Talk & enjoy all the talks & pictures..
Second of all So Glad You Was Able to Help the Wittle One Kitten..
Third of all Please Dont Let Kitten Naming Destroy Your FriendShip..

Fidget the Ferret
04-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Tell that to my friend! He's been to the vet, and he has fleas, but fortunately no deseases(sp?)! He is only 2 1/2 weeks!!:eek:

catnapper
04-18-2006, 03:23 PM
What is a name really, I wouldn't care about the name at all, compared to how old he is! Is she bottle feeding him every few hours? If not, she should be! Kittens this young die very fast and very easily from starvation! A name is the least of your worries - the both of you!

FuzzyBunnyChainsaw
04-18-2006, 03:24 PM
How about worrying more about the kitten's health as opposed to it's name. Have you taken it to the vet to be tested for Feline Leukemia and Feline Aids, dewormed and vaccinations???

I know you're "SO TIRED OF STUPID, IRRESPONSIBLE PET
OWNERS!!!" but I think you might spook our new friend with all those question marks ;)

@Fidget - I get really testy and possessive about the cats in my life too. It's hard to control my emotions when there's furriness involved.
Anyway I reccomend you start talking to your friend again even if you don't feel like it just so you can visit the new kitten!!

catnapper
04-18-2006, 03:27 PM
I know you're "SO TIRED OF STUPID, IRRESPONSIBLE PET
OWNERS!!!" but I think you might spook our new friend with all those question marks ;)

Thats her signature - its at the end of every post. When you've been in rescue a while, you understand and wish you could make that statement more dramatic than it is.

Fidget the Ferret
04-18-2006, 03:28 PM
I bottle feed him! When she's out, I have permission to go to her house and feed him kitten milk.

carole
04-18-2006, 04:04 PM
Firstly welcome to PT, and wonderful job on rescuing this wee baby, good for you, sorry you were unable to keep kitty, but at least you can share in the upbringing, I am sure you and your friend can see eye to eye on picking a name you both like, seems only fair, since you rescued kitty and are helping take care of it, call it a truce and come up with a name you both approve of, and good luck with baby, it is going to need lots of care and in no time you will have one healthy wee kitty who will hopefully become a regular kitty on PT. :)

Fidget the Ferret
04-18-2006, 05:40 PM
:) :) :) :) Me and my friend forgave each other, and decided on: Casey! (turns out, she's a girl!!) Like it?

catmandu
04-18-2006, 05:54 PM
The Main Thing is that you got that Little One to safety.
Casey is a Wonderful Name.
My Friend Christine just lost Her Dear Canine Companion Casey at 13.
She will be pleased that theres another Casey.
And I would try the Royal Canin Itty Bitty Kitten Dry for Casey.
The Good thing is that its usually on at a Special Price.
The Found Cats are all MMMMEEEEOOOWING for You Both and Casey.

rg_girlca
04-18-2006, 08:42 PM
Hi and Welcome to Pet Talk. Thank you so much for rescuing this wee baby.

Please click on the link below to read on how to take care of orphaned and rescued babies of this age. It is VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
Please make sure your friend sees this as well since she is the one with the kitten.

http://www.hdw-inc.com/tinykitten.htm

I pray that all goes well for Casey.

carole
04-18-2006, 10:34 PM
WELCOME to PT Casey, any pics would love to see this precious wee girl. :)

orangemm
04-19-2006, 04:51 AM
What a wonderful feeling it must be to rescue a tiny one like Casey! You and your friend have done a great thing by saving this little life. Who knows what might have happened if you both hadn't appeared at that moment?

Sometimes it's just as much fun to be an aunt!

Let us know how the little one is doing.

moosmom
04-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Thats her signature - its at the end of every post. When you've been in rescue a while, you understand and wish you could make that statement more dramatic than it is.

Thanks Kim!!